Least favorite girl?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Who is your least favorite girl in Katawa Shoujo?

Lilly
7%
Hanako
9%
Rin
19%
Emi
15%
Shizune
28%
Misha
7%
Yuuko
5%
Akira
No votes
Meiko
No votes
Miki
3%
Sae
5%
Other (please specify)
1%

Total votes: 74

yummines

Re: Least favorite girl?

Post by yummines »

i think there's already been a thread about this, but i'll post anyways

i didn't like Shizune's mainly because her character seems to be slightly under-developed. or whatever. i just dont like Shizune as much as the other girls.

Rin in a Bin es best girl
Loonie

Post by Loonie »

I can get why people might dislike Rin, but I'm genuinely interested to hear why Emi is disliked as much. Is it just her obvious white knight tendencies while not accepting the same in return or something else?
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Loonie wrote:I can get why people might dislike Rin, but I'm genuinely interested to hear why Emi is disliked as much. Is it just her obvious white knight tendencies while not accepting the same in return or something else?
Well, to me Emi felt like a sex maniac. :P She has no charm whatsoever and her bad end shows her true personality. (Also, her sex face/angry face is disturbing :| )
Other than that, I don't like; how her hair shifts between pink and light brown, the white knighting, the false sense of innocence, and the anal scene. :roll:

That covers most of it, I think...
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
Auratus

Post by Auratus »

I have to say Hanako, because well... Seriously. do you have to eff someone who you don't want to effing leave.

As another Rin fan. I think Rin are cutest when she don't talk like normal people do, especially when she talks way too much.
I want to make Thai Translation of KS alone and protesting with this signature.

Unofficially Demanding. Temporary even-more malfunctioned in English Grammar.

Introducing one of the few thread of it's kind that bring the world together. Wait, Whatever then.
I'm an Engineer

Post by I'm an Engineer »

Stereotypical Katawa Shoujo fan:
Loves Hanako and Lilly, everyone else can go to hell.
Hisao gets a special reserved place in the lowest part of all eternal damnation.

(PS. This thread makes me upset)
Xerxes

Post by Xerxes »

Route-wise: Shizune.
Girl-wise: Emi.

It's not that I hate Shizune, but when she's paired up with Misha, the two are annoying and overbearing. The problem is, that the two are together most of the time in the game.
Last edited by Xerxes on Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Loonie

Post by Loonie »

I'm an Engineer wrote:Stereotypical Katawa Shoujo fan:
Loves Hanako and Lilly, everyone else can go to hell.
Hisao gets a special reserved place in the lowest part of all eternal damnation.

(PS. This thread makes me upset)
Hahaha, seriously...it's kinda cool for me. I honestly can't say I'm that surprised by the results, still it's nice to see that at least Shizune didn't wind up with 2x or 3x the votes ahead of everyone else again. I suppose, with time, people started to kinda mellow out in regards to her.

It's also particularly funny to compare the results of this thread to some of the dev blog posts over the years and their feelings on how each path was originally/turned out in the end. It gives a lot of insight to those of us interested in/practicing writing. :)
ShadeHaven

Post by ShadeHaven »

Loonie wrote:I honestly can't say I'm that surprised by the results, still it's nice to see that at least Shizune didn't wind up with 2x or 3x the votes ahead of everyone else again. I suppose, with time, people started to kinda mellow out in regards to her.
Oh, you just wait my friend. She'll begin to pull away from the others soon enough.
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

ShadeHaven wrote:
Loonie wrote:I honestly can't say I'm that surprised by the results, still it's nice to see that at least Shizune didn't wind up with 2x or 3x the votes ahead of everyone else again. I suppose, with time, people started to kinda mellow out in regards to her.
Oh, you just wait my friend. She'll begin to pull away from the others soon enough.
I think the main reason people don't like Shizune is because of Misha, and the fact that you can't communicate directly with her. In the scene when they're building stalls, she's pretty nice. :)
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
Loonie

Post by Loonie »

I still find it a bit unfortunate that the nicest moment, I ever remember of Shizune, is at the end of Lilly's arc where she makes a beautiful gesture towards her 'arch-nemesis' without having to sign anything. :(

Still...being 'nice' never was Shizune's main strength I guess. The more I think about her, the more she reminds me of an assault rifle. God forbid she fires off on full-auto, but in short controlled 3-round bursts - she rocks.
LemonScented

Post by LemonScented »

There's a fair few lovely qualities about Lilly but...an interesting personality is certainly not among them.
Attachments
you-talkin-about-mai-waifu.jpg
you-talkin-about-mai-waifu.jpg (70.15 KiB) Viewed 4426 times
Last edited by LemonScented on Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

OtakuNinja wrote:
ShadeHaven wrote:
I think the main reason people don't like Shizune is because of Misha, and the fact that you can't communicate directly with her. In the scene when they're building stalls, she's pretty nice. :)
If anything, I think Misha provides a nice buffer between the way Shizune acts and how others are able to interact with her. Misah makes Shizune more likable to me.

It's just a shame that Misha by herself is also far and above more sympathetic and likeable than the girl she's supposed to be just a supporting cast member for.
Not Dead Yet
Enemy |

Post by Enemy | »

OtakuNinja wrote:
ShadeHaven wrote:
No, I like Misha.
Helbereth

Post by Helbereth »

Honestly, getting to know Shizune is probably as difficult through her route as it would be getting to know here in reality - barring having knowledge of sign-language. You really have to pay attention to understand her enough to see past the shotgun attitude. People who only ever 'hear' her through Misha don't get any of the introspection that comes across in her signing, and the writing in her route suffers from burying her better aspects behind very distracting situations.

To me, Shizune came across as the most interesting one of the girls; both in personality and attitude. Lilly is a bit of a mary-sue, Emi is rather vapid and intentionally emotionless, Rin is spacey and distant -for reasons that aren't adequately explained- and Hanako is so shy you barely get a glimmer of her actual personality behind the nervous ticks.

With Shizune, though, you discover there are reasons behind her shotgun attitude; largely her disparate relations with her father, sibling and cousins. She's also the only one who really sits down and tells you what she thinks; indirectly, but almost constantly. The indirect style of the descriptions are probably what end up causing readers to lose track; details like her father never learning sign-language get swept under the rug by his belligerent diatribes.

I got a lot out of her route - more than many give it credit for.
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

details like her father never learning sign-language get swept under the rug by his belligerent diatribes.
Actually, it was that detail, rather than his crazy rants, that caused me to label him as a jerk. I could get past the pompous attitude...I'd have given him the benefit of the doubt similar to how I saw Kenji. But the fact that at that point in time Hisao already made more of an effort to reach out to Shizune than Jigoro sealed his deal in my book.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.