4LS Has a lot to live up to

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Smitten-Tastic

4LS Has a lot to live up to

Post by Smitten-Tastic »

With Katawa Shoujo being so amazing, do you think their next work will amount to the pure awesomeness of KS?
Xanatos

Re: 4LS Has a lot to live up to

Post by Xanatos »

4LS as a collective has no plans to produce anymore work. They have nothing to live up to.
Last edited by Xanatos on Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Nekken

Post by Nekken »

Absolutely. After all, nothing is more awesome than KS.
Falling in love is a volcano. Being in love is a kotatsu.
Smitten-Tastic

Post by Smitten-Tastic »

Noooooo! Say it ain't so!!
ojamamask

Post by ojamamask »

It is, this is it for all we know. Now get on with your life.

/thread
yummines

Post by yummines »

as a whole collaborative event, 4LS is essentially dead. they said straight out that this was the only game they would do with everybody involved.

whether or not seperate devs will do anything else or maybe work with some people from the KS Dev team who knows? however not all the exact people will not work together
Suriko
Lilly Writer, Hanako Co-Writer, Producer

Post by Suriko »

There are a couple of things in the works that involve KS developers and 4LS. Stay tuned.
ojamamask

Post by ojamamask »

Suriko wrote:There are a couple of things in the works that involve KS developers and 4LS. Stay tuned.
Oh god, you're making me all excited now. DAMMIT!
ShadeHaven

Post by ShadeHaven »

Suriko wrote:There are a couple of things in the works that involve KS developers and 4LS. Stay tuned.
Oh wow, I cannot wait to see what you all come up with next.
gRaViJa

Post by gRaViJa »

4LS too? So there might be another game made under the 4LS brand? That's new to me, but very good to hear.
Emi's Couch to 5k
Completed!
6k personal record: 29m07
5k personal record: 27m48
1 mile personal record: 6m59

100 push-up challenge
Week 7: 25/25/25/25
Loonie

Post by Loonie »

Well, so long as they feel whatever it is they're doing is worth doing - I'm sure it'd even be worth waiting for another 5 years if need be. :)
Snow_Storm

Post by Snow_Storm »

As a group, 4LS has nothing to live up for. they broke up and dissolved after the game was release. Now, as separate people, yes, in a sense, they do have to go for bigger and better things in their creative field than merely an indie game they created for kicks and giggles. Think in the mindset of a creative person: When you do something big, you want to out do yourself and go bigger. Katawa Shoujo was a big deal for many of these folks but it's time to move on, put the past in the casket, and do something bigger without using the 4LS or KS namesake.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Snow_Storm wrote:As a group, 4LS has nothing to live up for. they broke up and dissolved after the game was release.
No we did not. This entire misconception that we did is because of a stupid fucking statement and has been perpetuated a million times even after we've repeatedly stated it's not true. 4LS is a name, nothing else. If we make something else, there's no reason to not use the 4LS name, and we've always thought this way. None of you actually know what is really happening internally with us, try to not pretend you do and cause more confusion.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Potato

Post by Potato »

Aura wrote:
Snow_Storm wrote:As a group, 4LS has nothing to live up for. they broke up and dissolved after the game was release.
No we did not. This entire misconception that we did is because of a stupid fucking statement and has been perpetuated a million times even after we've repeatedly stated it's not true. 4LS is a name, nothing else. If we make something else, there's no reason to not use the 4LS name, and we've always thought this way. None of you actually know what is really happening internally with us, try to not pretend you do and cause more confusion.
Perhaps it might help to put that information somewhere where it can be easily noticed. Maybe the OP of the Ask thread or some sort of FAQ? I was always under the impression that 4LS as a collective (I.E. the exact group that worked on KS) split up, albeit with the possibility of various individual members still releasing under the 4LS name in future if/when inspiration came to them.
Last edited by Potato on Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
Brogurt

Post by Brogurt »

Aura wrote:None of you actually know what is really happening internally with us
Yeah and it sucks monkey fuck