Who Else Is Waiting...

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Keneshiro

Re: Who Else Is Waiting...

Post by Keneshiro »

Since we're on the topic of anime, anyone mind recommending me a series to watch? I've been hooked on K-On, Yuru Yuri and Aria. Any suggestions?
Image <<< The waifu
i write crazy stories: A Visit to the Hospital
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Keneshiro wrote:Since we're on the topic of anime, anyone mind recommending me a series to watch? I've been hooked on K-On, Yuru Yuri and Aria. Any suggestions?
•Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora
•Negima
•School Rumble
•Toradora
•Maid-sama

:mrgreen:
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
yummines

Post by yummines »

OtakuNinja wrote:
Keneshiro wrote:Since we're on the topic of anime, anyone mind recommending me a series to watch? I've been hooked on K-On, Yuru Yuri and Aria. Any suggestions?
•Negima
•School Rumble
•Toradora
•Maid-sama

i second Toradora and School Rumble

also i recommend Midori Days (manga is better though) and to-LOVE-ru
Akros

Post by Akros »

yummines wrote:
OtakuNinja wrote:
•Negima
•School Rumble
•Toradora
•Maid-sama

i second Toradora and School Rumble

also i recommend Midori Days (manga is better though) and to-LOVE-ru
the Manga is fucking awesome, the anime is too short and I think it was done before the manga ended
Couch to 5k with Emi progress: Done!!!
W1D123 W2D123 W3D123 W4D123 W5D123
W6D123 W7D123 W8D123 W9D123
100 push-up challenge : In progress -> W3D12 Last time: 10/12/8/8/14 :P
Dawnstorm

Post by Dawnstorm »

Keneshiro wrote:I've been hooked on K-On, Yuru Yuri and Aria. Any suggestions?
A-Channel
Ichigo Marshmellow
Tamayura
Kill Me Baby
Nichijou
Azumanga Daioh
Pyramid Head

Post by Pyramid Head »

On the subject of anime recommendations, take a good look at the quoted text:

max7238 wrote: Clannad
Fate/Stay Night
Yosuga No Sora

NOT THOSE! Admittedly i haven't spent much time with Fate/Stay Night but i have spent too much time with Clannad. The first few episodes are alright but almost every single resolution to anything in Clannad is either stupid or a slap in the face. But still, recommendations? Yeah i can give those:

Seitokai Yakuindomo
Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Steins;Gate
Kodomo no Jikan (Note: This one is extremely fucked up so you need an open mind to like it)
The fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh.
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

Generic anime/manga recommendation/discussion threads are hydras we aren't willing to accept. Please keep to the original topic.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

Keneshiro

Post by Keneshiro »

Silentcook wrote:Generic anime/manga recommendation/discussion threads are hydras we aren't willing to accept. Please keep to the original topic.
My bad then. Sorry. However, haven't we exhausted the original topic? There won't likely be a KS anime because
a) The license cannot be owned by the animation company unless 4LS decide to sell, which I doubt.
b) All the butthurt on the voices and the way the characters act is all but confirmed.
c) Chances are, whichever studio that does produce the anime won't be getting much of a return.
Image <<< The waifu
i write crazy stories: A Visit to the Hospital
Mader Levap

Post by Mader Levap »

It should not happen, at least for commercial project. Marketing would horribly, horribly butcher it. One of reasons that KS is so good is fact that they did not had to make money off it.
Image Proud member of Polish Route - group that translated Katawa Shoujo to Polish. Full translation released!
ravenlord

Post by ravenlord »

There is Touhou anime already out there and more in the works -- so a KS anime it is totally doable as a free project. You could stream it from a fan website or have NND or YT host it.

And yeah, the Yosuga No Sora format would be the perfect way to do it. Maybe Hisao can find a long lost twin sister too (maybe Miki) :)
Hanako>Shizune>Lilly>Emi>Rin {100% complete}
"痘痕も靨" (If there is love, then smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples) ~ Japanese proverb
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

ravenlord wrote:There is Touhou anime already out there
I recall there only being 2 episodes before they had to shut it down.
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
ravenlord

Post by ravenlord »

OtakuNinja wrote:
ravenlord wrote:There is Touhou anime already out there
I recall there only being 2 episodes before they had to shut it down.
Zun didn't shut it down though -- the creators just ran out of resources to continue it. There is nothing stopping them or someone else to pick it back up and run with it.

Also, when you look at some of the Vocaloid fanwork (particularly Tripshot's stuff) you know the expertise is there. A lot of that is already anime quality.

Now, I don't see KS fans sitting down and tearing off 13 episodes at 24 minutes each all at once. But it would be fun to see one or two KS OVAs, and if those proved to be popular then you might get something like 1 new one per quarter? I could live with that.
Hanako>Shizune>Lilly>Emi>Rin {100% complete}
"痘痕も靨" (If there is love, then smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples) ~ Japanese proverb
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

You know what I'm waiting?

FIGURINES or NENDROIDS.

If it gets enough popularity in Japan--JUST ENOUGH--I'll rush over each and every store in Akiba and find them figurines, smile at the heavens, and use all my saved-up money from part-time to get them all and put them up on my bookshelf. :twisted:
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
Perposterown

Post by Perposterown »

max7238 wrote:Who else besides me is waiting, after the JPN translation, for there to be a Katawa Shoujo anime in the style of Yosuga No Sora?

Just saying, by doing the story in arcs like that, and not really "showing" anything just like YnS, Katawa Shoujo could very well be an awesome anime. It would be a great way for all the people who made the VN to actually be paid for something they have done for free for the world.
OH MY GOD. I sooooo freaking hope that happens. I LOVED that anime and absolutely LOVE KS. It would be the greatest thing ever to see that happen.
Lilly is master race of cripples.
Lilly: Don't apologize for it. Please don't. Have I ever apologized for my blindness? You can't help the way you were born, Hisao. There's no point in apologizing for who you are. You are a beautiful person, Hisao. Please don't ever apologize for that.
sporkaganza

Post by sporkaganza »

That can get filed under the "no way in hell" category. But a boy can still dream.

The biggest problem is just in do you adapt one route and leave the others out? Do you try and amalgamate the routes somehow? I never saw it, but there was an anime a few years ago called Amagami SS that gave each route four episodes each, then reset the continuity to do another girl's route. That sort of approach COULD have the potential of working for KS - although you might need to devote the first episode just to Hisao adjusting to Yamaku and meeting Misha and Shizune at first.

Also, I feel like one of the stories would go down the path of the bad ending. I wouldn't mind seeing Rin's neutral ending being used in adaptation of her route, because it's probably the most well-done of the bad endings and I think good fiction should make your heart hurt. :P