Which songs remind you of which characters?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

usadapyo

Which songs remind you of which characters?

Post by usadapyo »

By that, I don't mean the songs that are obviously written to fit the girl's personality (character songs). What songs remind you of specific moments in each girl's route, or perhaps defines their personality more than their character songs do?

I ask this because every time I hear "Moment of Decision," I think of Rin, although others say that it fits Hanako more. "Romance in Andante" reminds me of Lilly.
theartificial

Re: Which songs remind you of which characters?

Post by theartificial »

I believe this has been done before not so long ago, here. But this does have a different direction I think.
Oh and you're avatar is amazing.
Shizune, Lilly, Hanako, Emi, Rin, Suzu, Rika, Saki, Aiko.
---------------Member of Katawa Seiyu (KSF)---------------
--------------Member of Katawa Seiyu (HBHC)--------------
I take requests for Userbars like mine, PM me if your interested.
usadapyo

Post by usadapyo »

theartificial wrote:I believe this has been done before not so long ago, here. But this does have a different direction I think.
Ah, I didn't know that was here. But yeah, I was thinking more along the lines of in-game music, rather than real life music.
And thanks xD
theartificial

Post by theartificial »

usadapyo wrote:
theartificial wrote:I believe this has been done before not so long ago, here. But this does have a different direction I think.
Ah, I didn't know that was here. But yeah, I was thinking more along the lines of in-game music, rather than real life music.
And thanks xD
Oh right that's fine, you're new here anyway :P
Shizune, Lilly, Hanako, Emi, Rin, Suzu, Rika, Saki, Aiko.
---------------Member of Katawa Seiyu (KSF)---------------
--------------Member of Katawa Seiyu (HBHC)--------------
I take requests for Userbars like mine, PM me if your interested.
ShadeHaven

Post by ShadeHaven »

I believe most of the characters actually have designated songs associated with them. Besides, having Parity linked with any other girl besides Rin would be a crime.
usadapyo

Post by usadapyo »

ShadeHaven wrote:I believe most of the characters actually have designated songs associated with them. Besides, having Parity linked with any other girl besides Rin would be a crime.
I know. What I meant was that although songs like Parity or Painful History may be designed specifically for certain characters, there are other songs that fit their personalities as well.
Pseudogenesis

Post by Pseudogenesis »

ShadeHaven wrote:I believe most of the characters actually have designated songs associated with them. Besides, having Parity linked with any other girl besides Rin would be a crime.

This.

Also, this.
The biggest dilemma in Katawa Shoujo:
'Should I recommend this to my friends or do I want them to continue to see me as mentally healthy?'

Mashup of the month: "Damn It Feels Good To Be a Cripple"
Camoufrage

Post by Camoufrage »

Basically all of the in-between act 1 and 2 music remind me of each character respectively. That's some of the best music in the game.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Pseudogenesis wrote:

This.

Also, this.
Disgusting and sad. But the top comments were funny. :P
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
dmhly

Post by dmhly »

Was "Out of the Loop" supposed to be Kenji's song, or was it used in different scenes?
Loonie

Post by Loonie »

Can't really sit this one out as a music man meself, can I?

Red Velvet reminds me of Lilly. I may not find Lilly as attractive as most would, but even I gotta admit that dinner she and Hisao had really showed her at her most stunning.
Hokabi reminds me of both Shizune and Emi - both have that same frantic energy, one just moreso for mental things and the other for physical ones.
Innocence reminds me of Hanako. Hard not to.
Romance in Andante II reminds me of Rin. I know it reminds a lot of people of Lilly (it plays there too)...but for my money Rin's scene just takes the cake. My favourite track of them all too. I love how the left piano hand keeps the tune steady with great feeling, while the right one flutters around, before steadying as well...then breaking out again...and steadying slowly again. Damn well performed.

Aria de l'Etoile reminds me of KS as a whole though.
Last edited by Loonie on Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ShinigamiKenji

Post by ShinigamiKenji »

Dunno, but Innocence makes me remind of Rin as much as Parity itself. Other strange combinations I've found is Moment of Decision and Red Velvet associated with Hanako. Though that last one suits Akira better.

Anyway, for the more obvious ones. Hokabi should have a "Wahaha~!" somewhere. And Romance in Andante II has a Lilly air all over it.
Xanatos wrote:Shinigami...Kenji. Oh, you poor guy. You have my sympathies. :lol: But at least with you around, our supple Japanese women won't be raped by lesbians. :mrgreen: ...Actually, that'd be pretty hot

:lol:
Avatar made by OtakuNinja. Yeah, it would be pretty badass if it happened, don't you think?
Helbereth

Post by Helbereth »

Honestly, the other songs are used so concurrently with each girl's story, it's hard to distinguish them based on individual situations. Each is meant to set the emotional timbre of a particular scene rather than describe the specific character involved.

While writing fan-fiction, I have used the enigmatic box of sound to set the tone as I write certain scenes, but I've also delved into my own library to get me in the right frame of mind for writing a particular sequence. Whenever one of the main-story girls pops up, I pluck out their primary tunes and set them up to repeat as a reminder of their character to keep my subconscious in the right place.

Writing a lot of OC characters for my tale, I've sourced other free music from around the internet to find fitting approximations of the KS style to use for my own character's themes, as well. Music works very well to keep me from straying out of character.

Hmm... I think I may link the themes I use for Aiko on her Bio...
ZXRN

Post by ZXRN »

Raindrops and Puddles always remind me of Rin. (like always). And whenever it rains on my way home or going to work it reminds me of the song, which in turn reminds me of Rin again. (I guess Rin is just that memorable.)
I'll do my best to be my Emiest.
Disguised Kenji

Post by Disguised Kenji »

ZXRN wrote:Raindrops and Puddles always remind me of Rin. (like always). And whenever it rains on my way home or going to work it reminds me of the song, which in turn reminds me of Rin again. (I guess Rin is just that memorable.)
It's always memorable when one of the first things she says is "The problem must be in your pants!" :lol: Maybe Out of the Loop would be fit for her too sometimes.