Suzu

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Energizurr

Suzu

Post by Energizurr »

Hypothetical questions here: If there was a Suzu route made, what would you like to see in it? Also, what do think her personality would be like? Obviously the closest thing that she has to any sort of character development is the pseudo route by Scissorlips, but I just want to hear thoughts.
Emi>Suzu(scissorlips' fanfiction)>Shizune>Hanako>Lily>Rin
~This one's for Suzu~
Enemy |

Re: Suzu

Post by Enemy | »

She'd be very sleepy, I'd say.
theartificial

Post by theartificial »

For me what scissorlips has done, is the kinda the only way I think of her now. But I'd imagine she'd be carefree, she's be cute from someone else's POV but she wouldn't think so, and she'd probably force herself to act cute.
Shizune, Lilly, Hanako, Emi, Rin, Suzu, Rika, Saki, Aiko.
---------------Member of Katawa Seiyu (KSF)---------------
--------------Member of Katawa Seiyu (HBHC)--------------
I take requests for Userbars like mine, PM me if your interested.
Snow_Storm

Post by Snow_Storm »

Her bad end would be her death seeing she gets behind the wheel of the car and suddenly gets tried and fall asleep. Oh and it's Hisao's fault that she drove her car because he was being a douchebag and Suzu wanted to get away from him.

You learn in her route that the reason why she's so sleepy is because of laziness. She actually a very smart and wise girl but have no self sense of self-moviation for herself, thus why she is sleepy but it caused a bit of a psychological effect and has an effect on her day-to-day life.
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

I very much doubt someone with acute narcolepsy would be allowed to obtain a driver's license in the first place. When people with epilepsy have a seizure, they're usually disallowed from driving and they have to be seizure-free for a whole year before they're allowed back on the road again.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
Snow_Storm

Post by Snow_Storm »

Guest Poster wrote:I very much doubt someone with acute narcolepsy would be allowed to obtain a driver's license in the first place. When people with epilepsy have a seizure, they're usually disallowed from driving and they have to be seizure-free for a whole year before they're allowed back on the road again.
To be fair, I never knew she had seizures, I thought she was just sleepy 24/7.

(Thus, my cruel bad ending idea is moot and dead.)
theartificial

Post by theartificial »

Snow_Storm wrote:
Guest Poster wrote:I very much doubt someone with acute narcolepsy would be allowed to obtain a driver's license in the first place. When people with epilepsy have a seizure, they're usually disallowed from driving and they have to be seizure-free for a whole year before they're allowed back on the road again.

She doesn't have seizures, he was using an alternate idea.
Energizurr

Post by Energizurr »

Snow_Storm wrote:

I'm pretty sure falling asleep on the road is just as bad as a seizure in the first place.
~This one's for Suzu~
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Okay, my take on her might be a tad different from other people's. I'm actually planning on having her show up in a small part in one of the stories I'm working on right now.

First thing you have to do is get into her mindset. You ever have one o those days where you've got no sleep the night before, you're dragging all through the day, you keep telling yourself that you jut want everything to be over with so you can go home and get some sleep, yet the minute you get home, you decide to stay up and play videogames instead?

That's Suzu. Everyday.

She's given up on having anythign that resembles a normal life and lets her disability define her. She has no drive, no motivation, and her goals in life include moving back in with her parents (who baby her) and maybe applying for government aid.

She spends lunch time asleep in an empty class room. because of this, most teachers don't mind her having some small snacks during class, although Shizune hates it and often tells her she's setting a bad example. She never sticks up for herself here and usually just stands there and takes it. It's not uncommon for her to spend at least one class out of the day taking a power nap. She tries to switch it up a bit so she's not always asleep during the same class. Her teacher allow it.

I've actually did a bit of reading on narcoleptics myself and found a few more things I'd incorporate into her character. Lots oif them will take hour long power naps though out the day. Usually after they wake up from these they're as fresh and energetic as anyone else... for about an hour or two, then they go back into their normal sleepful state. If you talk to Suzu at this point, it's like she's a whole different person. She's somebody that wants to go out and try and get thing done, because she knows it won't last. Caffine and lots of sugar don't help. Suzu usually avoids them. The energy rush she can get from them isn't worth how badly she crashes once the rush wears off. She does enjoy spicy foods, things that are really sour, and anything crunchy. She's big into granola bars, powerbars, and potato chips.

It's not uncommon for narcoleptics to have a odd variety of sleepwalking as well. They can actually fall asleep and still continue whatever they were doing without most people noticing any change in their actions. It's even possible for them to carry on basic conversations like this, of course when they "wake up" they have no knowledge of doing any of this. I'd like to think Suzu has finished more than one test in class this way.

Friends. Lots of people write her and Miki as best friends, but I don't see why. Maybe whoever assigned rooms to them ut them next to each other hoping something would happen like it did with Hanako and Lilly or Emi and Rin, but it didn't work this time. They talk to each other and their friendly when they do interact, but they really aren't close and don't spend any time together. Miki does make a point of asking Suzu if she needs anything from the store when she goes out though.

I'm actually using Suzu as a friend for Time Warp. They both would rather spend time in their rooms playing videogames, reading comics, and geeking out than actually having to go places and try to interact with people. Suzu doesn't care much for Hachisame though, and will pass on anything she invites Suzu to do.

Hisao gets on Suzu's route if he gives up on running, scares of Hanako, and responds to Shizune and Lilly's fight by telling them "Look, you probably both have good reasons for yelling at each other. I'm still new here, it's not my business and frankly, I don't care. I'd just appreciate it if you leave me out of it." After that and later int he day he'll strike up a conversation with Suzu because she' the only person left in class.

When Kenji find out you're spending the day with Suzu, he has no idea who she is and assumes that you're just making something up to mess with him and get out of spending any time with him.
Not Dead Yet
themocaw

Post by themocaw »

Suzu is Moe-Sempai from DaCapo, with the appearance and personality of her sister Mako.
Energizurr

Post by Energizurr »

Oddball wrote:Okay, my take on her might be a tad different from other people's. I'm actually planning on having her show up in a small part in one of the stories I'm working on right now.
That's actually a pretty interesting way of seeing Suzu, it's obvious that you put a lot of thought into her character. The only thing that bugs me is how unmotivated you made her seem, I would like to think that in her route Hisao tries to take her out of that mindset and make her a better person, but that's just me personally.
~This one's for Suzu~
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

The only thing that bugs me is how unmotivated you made her seem,
Every character needs their own flaws.
I would like to think that in her route Hisao tries to take her out of that mindset and make her a better person, but that's just me personally.
Ah! There lies a source of conflict. Does he try to make her a better person, or does he just accept that life sucks if your disabled and go along with her... and exactly how motivated can you make a person that sleepwalks through life?
Not Dead Yet
dwarduk

Post by dwarduk »

Energizurr wrote:
Oddball wrote:Okay, my take on her might be a tad different from other people's. I'm actually planning on having her show up in a small part in one of the stories I'm working on right now.
That's actually a pretty interesting way of seeing Suzu, it's obvious that you put a lot of thought into her character. The only thing that bugs me is how unmotivated you made her seem, I would like to think that in her route Hisao tries to take her out of that mindset and make her a better person, but that's just me personally.
Hisao is depressed. Having his world turned upside down and it seeming like his previous life just left him does that to a guy. I doubt he'd be the inspirational sort to get her into a new mindset, but more that they would be able to bond over their shared apathy, and he would maybe start seeing something more in his new life with his newfound love. In the soppiest, most cliche way I could think of! :D
Meiko will be my waifu. I swear it on my honour. </Zuko>
Pyramid Head

Post by Pyramid Head »

Suzu? Wait, who are we talking about here? Did the Napoleon Loli from Seitokai Yakuindomo cameo without me knowing?
The fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh.
theartificial

Post by theartificial »

Pyramid Head wrote:Suzu? Wait, who are we talking about here? Did the Napoleon Loli from Seitokai Yakuindomo cameo without me knowing?
Take note of my avatar and signature. :P She's in Hisao's class, you she her when you're being introduced to the class.