Yuuko plot hole?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

lvrr325

Yuuko plot hole?

Post by lvrr325 »

Tried to search on this but couldn't find a thread..

Is it a plot hole or error that Yuuko is found in the library until 6:30 in the evening when Hisao goes there with Lilly, but yet when he goes to the tea house with Shizune and Misha at lunch on a school day... there she is, working? It seems like she'd have to be in two places at once as opposed to say, working at the school until 6:30 and then waitressing in the evenings or on weekends. I suppose one could argue that there are other waitresses we never see, but I don't think there are any other library staff.

Of course, the whole scene when meeting Lilly has a bit of a goof, too. Normally in mid-summer when this takes place the sunset doesn't become that obvious until more like 7:00 or later, so theoretically by the time the sun is as low as it's illustrated, the library should be long closed. Not a big deal, I've played through four routes already and just realized it tonight.
ProfAllister

Re: Yuuko plot hole?

Post by ProfAllister »

One of the first things you learn when asking Misha and Shizune about the library is that it has official hours but is open roughly "whenever Yuuko is there." This was a way for the devs to just handwave it, so that Yuuko is at the Shanghai when Hisao goes there, and Yuuko is at the library when Hisao goes there.
Current Project: Misha Pseudo-Route

Discord ID: ProfAllister#9754
Discord server
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Sunsets and such can vary by location, generally. The sun and time itself are fickle pricks.

As to the rest, who knows? Work hours are weird sometimes. It could vary day to day based on any number of things, not the least of which being Yuuko's the only one seeming to staff either place. And Yuuko isn't one to stick to schedule as far as the library goes, often offering to postpone closing up for students still there, so I wouldn't put much into the official hours. Perhaps the Yamaku staff make various accommodations for her hectic schedule (seems very likely, given how little the library is used anyway). Maybe she just endangers other drivers in a chaotic rush back and forth (Grand Theft Yuuko)?
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Helbereth

Post by Helbereth »

Of her, there are many copies -clones- and they wander the halls in secret, plotting dominion over all they observe. None suspect so innocuous a host as the quiet librarian, and none question her presence wherever she may be found; for behind her warm expression there is a sinister singularity of thought bent on uncovering all the secrets that lay hidden in Yamaku Academy.

Soon, they know, their long-plotted plan will be brought to fruition and all the world will be cast in her long shadow, forever absorbed into that singularity and twisted by her malicious intent. Stalking in secret, she will rule them all, and there is nothing to stop her creeping advances. Beware Yuuko or rue the future, coming sooner than expected, and be wrapped in the writhing bliss of eternal torment.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Helbereth wrote:writhing bliss of eternal torment.
...So Yuuko is a cenobite then? Hot.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
Helbereth

Post by Helbereth »

Xanatos wrote:
I just thought it sounded cool, but, okay.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Helbereth wrote:
Xanatos wrote:
I just thought it sounded cool, but, okay.
xD Sounded like Pinhead. Maybe I need to quit watching Hellraiser movies.

...Wait a second. Is Yuuko the entire feminist conspiracy? :shock:
Helbereth

Post by Helbereth »

Xanatos wrote:...Wait a second. Is Yuuko the entire feminist conspiracy? :shock:
I was going for more of a 'Borg' feel to the description, but, to answer your question; yes.
WorldlyWiseman

Post by WorldlyWiseman »

The Yuuko in the cafe is her Dream Self, whereas the Yuuko in the library is her waking self.

(fishing for Homestuck fans)
Hanako's favorite joke is The Aristocrats, but she never tells it because Lilly finds it really offensive. Instead, she practices her delivery in front of a mirror when she's alone. It's the only time she never stammers.
Enemy |

Post by Enemy | »

Yuuko can stop time, that's how she manages to live.
She pretends to be very klutz-y/not have time for anything so people don't notice.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

I could have sworn at one point they mentioned another librarian that had either gray or white hair.
Not Dead Yet
Total Destruction

Post by Total Destruction »

Xanatos wrote:Grand Theft Yuuko
Amazing.
... Danger.
Helbereth

Post by Helbereth »

I still like my clones idea...
yummines

Post by yummines »

Helbereth wrote:I still like my clones idea...
naw, i think its more like Officer Jenny and Nurse Joy from Pokemon.

there's just 2 really really identical sisters with the same name. they act as if they're the same person to troll everyone hard.
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

I also recall word of Yamaku having more than one librarian and Yuuko is simply the one present most of the time.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.