KS Music that gets to you

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Brisingr

Re: Favourite Music

Post by Brisingr »

I prefer Ease and Air Guitar myself. I tend to play them through my car's radio on my way to/from college/work.
Denine

Post by Denine »

My favorite is "Painful History", it's an instant feels(And instant Hanako's scars showing scene). And voted for "Moment of Decision" always reminds me of Misha. :)
Paths done (in order): Hanako, Lilly, Shizune, Emi, Rin
Hardest decision so far: Agree with Lilly or trust my own judgement in Hanako path.
Aspirin

Post by Aspirin »

My favorites are Afternoon, Innocence, Aria de l'Etoile, Generic Happy Music... but actually I like the whole soundtrack! :)
Morph

Post by Morph »

Voted for Moment of Decision and Other.
The other would be Painful History.
I like those sad piano tunes.
Irrealis

Post by Irrealis »

I like the softer, quieter themes, like Concord, Aria de l'Etoile and Innocence. I listen to those outside of the game.

But my favorites are Painful History and Romance in Andante. I wish there was a longer version.
There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion. -- Sir Francis Bacon

100% Completion
Mirrormn

Post by Mirrormn »

Irrealis wrote:Romance in Andante. I wish there was a longer version.
Kind of funny that you say that, because not only is Romance in Andante II a longer version of Romance in Andante in the first place, but there is an extended version written by NicolArmarfi as well.
Katawa Shoujo OST Transcriptions and Arrangements: Consolidated list

Katawa Shoujo Music Index and Table of Contents

Game completion: 100% several times over
Favorite route: Rin
Insights on Rin | Insights on Shizune
ShadeHaven

Post by ShadeHaven »

Mirrormn wrote:Kind of funny that you say that, because not only is Romance in Andante II a longer version of Romance in Andante in the first place, but there is an extended version written by NicolArmarfi as well.
Ahh, that song is painful to listen to, being the song used in the credits and all. Still, thanks for sharing this.
Zeppy

Post by Zeppy »

I -love- Jitter. Just such a brilliant little piece accompanied by my favourite FMV of the game. Just when the piano breaks for Hanako's smile and segways into the other tune... argh, so beautiful.
WhiteFlash

Post by WhiteFlash »

My favourite song happens to be "The Student Council". Mostly because it reminds me of "The Price of Freedom", which is another song I really like. Also because it's Shizune's theme song.
Walrusfella

Post by Walrusfella »

Zeppy wrote:I -love- Jitter. Just such a brilliant little piece accompanied by my favourite FMV of the game. Just when the piano breaks for Hanako's smile and segways into the other tune... argh, so beautiful.
I really like Jitter too. It's beautiful and tense, just like the girl it's introducing.

Innocence, Breathlessly, Painful History, basically all the important Hanako songs are my favourites.

Concord is really nice; it perfectly fits Lilly, and it's neat how it turns into a waltz midway along.
Half Marathon with Emi: Complete!
Bridge to 10k with Emi: Complete!
Couch to 5k with Emi: Complete!
Mirrormn

Post by Mirrormn »

I'm surprised there's not more love for Comfort. It's a really beautiful song on its own and it plays during almost all of the most heartwarming moments in the game. Maybe people are just forgetting about it?
Katawa Shoujo OST Transcriptions and Arrangements: Consolidated list

Katawa Shoujo Music Index and Table of Contents

Game completion: 100% several times over
Favorite route: Rin
Insights on Rin | Insights on Shizune
Walrusfella

Post by Walrusfella »

Mirrormn wrote:I'm surprised there's not more love for Comfort. It's a really beautiful song on its own and it plays during almost all of the most heartwarming moments in the game. Maybe people are just forgetting about it?
You're right, I did just forget about it. Comfort is a really nice song, and is attached to some of my favourite scenes. Maybe it just fits so well you don't notice it as much?
Half Marathon with Emi: Complete!
Bridge to 10k with Emi: Complete!
Couch to 5k with Emi: Complete!
betagent

Post by betagent »

I actually like the title blurb "Spin."

If only there were more than 45 seconds!
HarvestmanMan

Post by HarvestmanMan »

Hokabi, Generic Happy Music, Fripperies, The Student Council, Ah Eh I Oh You, and Out Of The Loop are my favorites.

I think someone could make a really good rock cover of "The Student Council".
Current Number of Fanfics Cooked: 2
Cabulb

Post by Cabulb »

Ah Eh I Oh You

So classy.