KS Music that gets to you

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Magnenntae

Re: KS Music that gets to you

Post by Magnenntae »

ShinigamiKenji wrote:
Magnenntae wrote:I can't say I'm really into any of the music, but I do think all the tracks did their part well.

Red Velvet & Raindrops and Puddles sound the best to me, from an objective point of view. On the other hand, songs like Moment of Decision and Letting My Heart Speak make me feel miserable, and miserably sentimental, respectively.
Sorry foy being nosy, but why miserable? It surely makes me reflect upon my life and being, and it's not a happy moment, but it also makes me determinate to be better.
Oh, don't worry about it, I don't mind.

Moment of Desicion just makes me think back to Lilly's "neutral" ending, namely, the bit when Lilly's in the cafe and tells Hisao that she's decided to go to Scotland. I think that's the song that's played there, but I'm not entirely sure. It also just sounds sad to begin with, at least, to me.
Satou

Post by Satou »

Painful History gives me major feels. I'm also a big fan of Raindrops and Puddles.
ShinigamiKenji

Post by ShinigamiKenji »

Magnenntae wrote:
ShinigamiKenji wrote:
Magnenntae wrote:I can't say I'm really into any of the music, but I do think all the tracks did their part well.

Red Velvet & Raindrops and Puddles sound the best to me, from an objective point of view. On the other hand, songs like Moment of Decision and Letting My Heart Speak make me feel miserable, and miserably sentimental, respectively.
Sorry foy being nosy, but why miserable? It surely makes me reflect upon my life and being, and it's not a happy moment, but it also makes me determinate to be better.
Oh, don't worry about it, I don't mind.

Moment of Desicion just makes me think back to Lilly's "neutral" ending, namely, the bit when Lilly's in the cafe and tells Hisao that she's decided to go to Scotland. I think that's the song that's played there, but I'm not entirely sure. It also just sounds sad to begin with, at least, to me.
Hmm... Yeah, now that you've said it, I think I might have this impression because of that last choice in Hanako's path. But yeah, still a sad music.
Xanatos wrote:Shinigami...Kenji. Oh, you poor guy. You have my sympathies. :lol: But at least with you around, our supple Japanese women won't be raped by lesbians. :mrgreen: ...Actually, that'd be pretty hot

:lol:
Avatar made by OtakuNinja. Yeah, it would be pretty badass if it happened, don't you think?
TheSongofRaven

Post by TheSongofRaven »

I think some KS music that gets to me is :

1. Wiosna - The very first OST i ever heard from KS. Somehow Allow me to thinking about reflections of my life.
2. Comfort - The right OST for right scene so far :D Like the title, this song make me comfort when listen this
3. Letting my heart speak - Told us to tell what's we thinking for real / tell the truth to someone we cared

That's all for me :)
"I believe everything like horse race. When you are lose, simply ride the horse again and face any challange"
Twitter : @GrimPointman, Skype : steven.yehezkiel6791
Vivi239

Post by Vivi239 »

I would definitely have to go with Shadow of the Truth myself, I just find myself completely drawn in to that song.
Frolossus

Post by Frolossus »

not sure off hand the name of the song but during the phone call in hanako act 3/4 when lilly is in scottland and you have to make a decision to take or leave lilly's advice to get the good or bad ending
that song
Dream

Post by Dream »

Frolossus wrote:not sure off hand the name of the song but during the phone call in hanako act 3/4 when lilly is in scottland and you have to make a decision to take or leave lilly's advice to get the good or bad ending
that song
Moment of Decision.
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
TunaSandwich

Re: Favorite music

Post by TunaSandwich »

Parity and Wiosna have been my favorites since the first time i played the game, but Breathlessly, Red Velvet and Concord are up there ^^
There is a Slam jam version of Parity on youtube thats just awesome
If i had to only keep one of my senses it would be my hearing.
Can't live without music.
swifty

Post by swifty »

wiosna three stas and the student council
i was pretty exited wheb i found out somebody on youtube combined the three :) i cant find it however....
or do i love
well there both in KATAWA SHOUJO THE BEST GAME AVAAAR!!!
ojamamask

Post by ojamamask »

Definitely 'Red Velvet' for me and next in line would be 'Moment of Decision'
FoxtrotZero

Post by FoxtrotZero »

Literally every song from the Katawa Shoujo Enigmatic Box of Sound holds a special place in my heart, and brings up feels. Even "Out of the Loop" which I don't like that much, reminds me just how much I hate Kenji.

Particularly strong feelings come from some of the songs most common in Lilly and Hanako's routes. Concord, Innocence, Teatime, Romance in Andante (I and II), Lullaby of Open Eyes, Letting My Heart Speak, Friendship, Everyday Fantasy, Comfort, Aria de l'Etoile, these could probably be considered my favourites.

Damage holds a special place to me, for some reason. Musicbox is one of those songs I really don't listen to, and yet I couldn't even consider cutting it out of my library. And I truly wish Spin was a longer song, because I love it (and I have no clue where it plays; the theme for the Four Leaf screen is similar, but I don't think it's the same).
Reccomended Fanfic: Sisterhood by Guest Poster - Braving the Storm by Doomish - Akira Pseudo-Route (WIP) by Thanatos02
Shadowyeclipse

Post by Shadowyeclipse »

Jitter,
Painful History,
Innocence,
Shadow of the Truth,
Wiosnia,
Moment of Decision,
Sarabrande, aka, the music box tune.
Friendship
Breathlessly

Not necessarily in order, but my favorites are probably Painful History, Jitter, Innocence and Friendship.

Breathlessly, Moment of Decision and Shadow of the Truth are really beautiful pieces on their own.

Painful History is a favorite song of mine, and one of the most shocking/bittersweet songs in my opinion. It honestly sums up Hanako better than any other song can.

The music box tune is in an entirely different category, as much as I love Hanako's route, Lily's route shocked me and caused one of the biggest surges of joy I've felt when playing a video game, all because I heard that tune and knew she came back.

I love this game.
Emibro, [Hanabro],[Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer

Currently: None.
To do list: Clannad, Chaos;Head, Steins;Gate
Finished: Toradora, Katawa Shoujo, Analogue: A hate story, Narcissu.
FoxtrotZero

Post by FoxtrotZero »

Shadowyeclipse wrote: Painful History is a favorite song of mine, and one of the most shocking/bittersweet songs in my opinion. It honestly sums up Hanako better than any other song can.

The music box tune is in an entirely different category, as much as I love Hanako's route, Lily's route shocked me and caused one of the biggest surges of joy I've felt when playing a video game, all because I heard that tune and knew she came back.

I love this game.
Indeed it does, which is probably why it's her theme - apparantley each character has an official theme;

Lilly - Concord
Hanako - Painful History
Emi - Standing Tall
Rin - Parity
Shizune - The Student Council

But there's also the ones that play in their videos (Teatime, Jitter, and 2x400m Relay for Lilly, Hanako, and Emi, respectively). Also, I've noticed Out of the Loop, Ah Eh I Oh You, and Generic Happy Music are sorta themes for Kenji, Nurse, and Misha, respectively (because they really never play any other time...)

And yes, the Musicbox hit me like a sledgehammer when I heard it in the hospital. I only really have the song for sentimental reasons - the tune itself isn't anything special.
Reccomended Fanfic: Sisterhood by Guest Poster - Braving the Storm by Doomish - Akira Pseudo-Route (WIP) by Thanatos02
Shadowyeclipse

Post by Shadowyeclipse »

FoxtrotZero wrote:
Shadowyeclipse wrote: Painful History is a favorite song of mine, and one of the most shocking/bittersweet songs in my opinion. It honestly sums up Hanako better than any other song can.

I love this game.
Indeed it does, which is probably why it's her theme - apparantley each character has an official theme;

Lilly - Concord
Hanako - Painful History
Emi - Standing Tall
Rin - Parity
Shizune - The Student Council

But there's also the ones that play in their videos (Teatime, Jitter, and 2x400m Relay for Lilly, Hanako, and Emi, respectively). Also, I've noticed Out of the Loop, Ah Eh I Oh You, and Generic Happy Music are sorta themes for Kenji, Nurse, and Misha, respectively (because they really never play any other time...)

And yes, the Musicbox hit me like a sledgehammer when I heard it in the hospital. I only really have the song for sentimental reasons - the tune itself isn't anything special.
Ah, but the tune IS made special by the events that took place behind it.

Whoever wrote Lily's path is a genius, making something so trivial in the story mean so much at the end.
Emibro, [Hanabro],[Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer

Currently: None.
To do list: Clannad, Chaos;Head, Steins;Gate
Finished: Toradora, Katawa Shoujo, Analogue: A hate story, Narcissu.
lvl5popcap

Post by lvl5popcap »

the tune itself isn't anything special.
Sarabande is actually a little special, but outside of KS. I study cello and the tune is a part of the instrument's more difficult standard repertoire by the composer Bach. Most people hear only the first two minutes of the suites from TV & movies (The Soloist, Master and Commander, a recent episode of the Colbert Report, etc.). The whole suite is actually over two hours long, and the Sarabande used in KS is about an hour into it.

Ok sorry, back to the topic :D. I think 'Innocence' plays at several pivotal parts of each storyline... like when someone finally reveals something or comes to a realization. When I hear it now it reminds me of those a-ha moments, so it gets me in the feels.