KS Music that gets to you

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Pseudogenesis

Re: Favourite Music

Post by Pseudogenesis »

dwarduk wrote:
Pseudogenesis wrote:I tend to judge music based on the amount of emotional stimulation each song gives. Strange, I know, but is there really a better way?

Painful History and Moment of Decision are probably my favourites. Not necessarily because of their associations, or because they're in the "Sad" or intense parts, but because they're absolutely beautiful, and composed without a single hitch in my opinion. Plus I guess I have a soft spot for the minor key.

Certain arrangements of notes affect me so deeply. As I write this, I'm listening to Moment of Decision, and when the mood changed from inconsequential to beautiful and heartbreaking it sent shivers down my spine and I felt my eyes well up. This is why I love music. It's one of the only things that can touch my jaded heart.

/mushiness
My love of Jitter is due to its intensity, however - it is the only piece in the OST that sweeps me (figuratively) off my feet and sends me straight to that state that I have not yet been able to describe to anyone.
The only part of Jitter that I really love is the flurry of notes, where Hanako is looking through the crowd in a confused and frightened way. I just feel it contrasts so well with the tense tranquility of the notes before. It's not that I don't like the rest of the song, it's just that it doesn't provoke any emotional response. That's why I prefer a song like Painful History, which is all feels all the time.
The biggest dilemma in Katawa Shoujo:
'Should I recommend this to my friends or do I want them to continue to see me as mentally healthy?'

Mashup of the month: "Damn It Feels Good To Be a Cripple"
Micijayah

Re: Favourite Music

Post by Micijayah »

I think it's all up to what path you found the best, for example I voted for "Innocence" and Other (having "Painful History" in mind) because they let me feel what I felt while reading the scenes in which the music played. For those of you that don't know, these OSTs played during Hanako's path.
Camoufrage

KS Music that gets to you

Post by Camoufrage »

I gotta say after listening to the KS soundtrack for the first time in a while there are quite few songs in there that just get to me. I mean this as in they make me feel all nice inside. Not necessarily happy, but I feeling I get when the music is just damn good!

Most notable one would be Cloudland Swing, just because its such a strange song that fits so well. Too bad it's so short.

Others include Cold Iron,Shadow of the Truth, Air Guitar, Parity, Wiosna, Lullaby of Open Eyes (definitely one of the best),Damage, and Letting my Heart Speak, Friendship, Moment of Decision, Jittter, Tea Time Fast Forward, 2x400m Relay... You know what, thats about half the soundtrack right there :lol:

What about you people?
Xanatos

Re: KS Music that gets to you

Post by Xanatos »

I don't remember...To the Jukebox! :mrgreen:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
yummines

Post by yummines »

i would go with Jitter. then again i just really like dramatic piano pieces
Unforgiven

Post by Unforgiven »

My favourite gotta be painful history, I just love that song. I really like Wiosna, Raindrops and puddles, Concord, Innocence, Red Velvet and Moment of Decision. And these are just the ones I can remember for now.
Barthandelus

Post by Barthandelus »

Definitely Stride. It just strikes me, and when it occurs I expect a major paradigm shift in my views of Hisao or involved characters, which doesn't always happen, sadly. ":(

That and Ah Eh I Oh Yu. Or whatever that song is that plays in the nurse's office.
Dream

Post by Dream »

Above all, Innocence, probably the only music that made me cry.

Aside from that, Red Velvet (In a sense of joyful peace), Moment of Decision, Shadow of the Truth, Painful History, and Ease are very close seconds.
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
JoshuaJSlone

Post by JoshuaJSlone »

I could while away the day looping some of the peaceful songs: Raindrops and Puddles, Air Guitar, Nocturne, Red Velvet.
ZXRN

Post by ZXRN »

ah yes, what a good thread. For me, I can keep working while looping Raindrops and Puddles and Student Council. (coz they're relaxing and happy.)

But the one that really gives me the feels and nice feeling is Innocence, Comfort, Friendship, and Lullaby of open eyes. (Innocence always reminds of Rin's neutral ending which gave me some sorta pain.) And the others are just really nice to hear.
I'll do my best to be my Emiest.
Pyramid Head

Post by Pyramid Head »

There are a few songs from the soundtrack that affect me. I think Moment of Decision is my favorite for reasons i can't readily explain, but Painful History tends to spark my creativity and i often play it when i'm feeling early sings of writers block. Red Velvet is something i listen to on those rare occasions i can get my hands on really good bitters and acts as good drinking music, and lastly the Kenji theme "Out of the Loop" gets to me. It gets me to feel the powerful urge to slit my own wrists and drown puppies in my arterial blood.
Or in less psychotic language, i really dislike Kenji and his theme music. Did you get that?
The fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh.
Camoufrage

Post by Camoufrage »

Pyramid Head wrote:There are a few songs from the soundtrack that affect me. I think Moment of Decision is my favorite for reasons i can't readily explain, but Painful History tends to spark my creativity and i often play it when i'm feeling early sings of writers block. Red Velvet is something i listen to on those rare occasions i can get my hands on really good bitters and acts as good drinking music, and lastly the Kenji theme "Out of the Loop" gets to me. It gets me to feel the powerful urge to slit my own wrists and drown puppies in my arterial blood.
Or in less psychotic language, i really dislike Kenji and his theme music. Did you get that?
I think in general KS had much better low, dramatic, and sad songs than it did upbeat ones. I just don't like the happy music in KS
ShinigamiKenji

Post by ShinigamiKenji »

Camoufrage wrote: I think in general KS had much better low, dramatic, and sad songs than it did upbeat ones. I just don't like the happy music in KS
I won't say I dislike the happy ones (Parity is very nice to listen to, and Hokabi once managed to cheer me during running), but the sadder (or maybe calmer, don't know) ones really seems better. Personal favourite is Painful History; brings me the such feels that pretty much stop whatever I'm doing. Moment of Decision and Stride also bring me feels, just not as strong. Three Stars has a nice melody, though is too short.

Speaking of music, when is Focus played? One of my favourites, though I never spotted it ingame.
Xanatos wrote:Shinigami...Kenji. Oh, you poor guy. You have my sympathies. :lol: But at least with you around, our supple Japanese women won't be raped by lesbians. :mrgreen: ...Actually, that'd be pretty hot

:lol:
Avatar made by OtakuNinja. Yeah, it would be pretty badass if it happened, don't you think?
Camoufrage

Post by Camoufrage »

ShinigamiKenji wrote:
Camoufrage wrote: I think in general KS had much better low, dramatic, and sad songs than it did upbeat ones. I just don't like the happy music in KS
I won't say I dislike the happy ones (Parity is very nice to listen to, and Hokabi once managed to cheer me during running), but the sadder (or maybe calmer, don't know) ones really seems better. Personal favourite is Painful History; brings me the such feels that pretty much stop whatever I'm doing. Moment of Decision and Stride also bring me feels, just not as strong. Three Stars has a nice melody, though is too short.

Speaking of music, when is Focus played? One of my favourites, though I never spotted it ingame.
Just listened to it. I don't think I remember a point where it is heard either...
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Hokabi is my exercise music...
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."