KS Music that gets to you

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Roamin12

Re: Favourite Music

Post by Roamin12 »

Painful History and Cold Iron for me, man that says a lot about me.
First Play through: Lilly>Hanako>Emi>Rin>Shizune
Second Play Through: Hanako>Rin>Lilly>Shizune>Emi
I'm a music enthusiast.
Total Destruction

Post by Total Destruction »

Stride.

A really intriguing mix of being urgent and pensive all at once. It evokes the feeling of impending doom with nothing to tide you over before it hits but patience and happy thoughts.

The whole soundtrack's one of my favorite things about this project, but Stride is definitely the high point.

Honorable mentions: Jitter, AEIOU, Wisona, and Standing Tall, for ruining my life. :lol:
... Danger.
Pickman's Model

Post by Pickman's Model »

Aria De l'Etoile was, to me, by far the most emotional track.

But if you wanna talk music/scene combination, check this vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fKkKlkR ... ure=relmfu

I didn't make it, btw.
R.I.P B.O'R
"He overdosed on patriotism."
-André 3000
MajorasAnguish

Post by MajorasAnguish »

Well I have only finished Emi's arc and I'm in the process of Lily's so perhaps my opinion will change by then. Nevertheless, Air Guitar is definitely my favorite. I don't know what it is, but I leave the Jukebox on in the extras and I spent literally hours with that song on repeat. In fact, it's on right now as I type this.
ImageImage
Dr. Robotnik

Post by Dr. Robotnik »

Cabulb wrote:Ah Eh I Oh You

So classy.
YOU. YOU ARE THE GREATEST PERSON IN THE UNIVERSE AND I AM LITERALLY IN LOVE WITH YOU.

This song, THIS FUCKIN' SONG is the pinnacle of this game's soundtrack, and for it to be so underappreciated is a crime against humanity rivaled only by Hitler himself! Bask in it's smooth, jazzy glory or I will have you TRIED IN THE HAUGE.

BASK IN IT!!!
Emibro, [Hanabro], [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, [Two-timer]
Havain

Post by Havain »

Aria de l'etoile.

Holy crap, the part where the piano starts to play upwards it's....amazing, so many times this part just gave me chills, it's like if I were asked to put comfort, the feeling that everything will be alright, into sound, that part would be that, it's a gentle pat on the head after crying over a fight, it's the hug after making a mistake in a relationship, it's hearing everything will be alright, even though you know it isn't, but for the time being, you believe it.

That, and when it was played when Hisao was holding the paper crane Lilly made for him, I mantear'd all over the place, if you can still call them mantears.

Next to that, it would be the musicbox, you know what I mean, you know which I mean, and you know you cried enough to turn your carpet into a frickin sponge.
________
The outside is but a wrapper to the amazing inside that matters.

Post by Guest »

I lovely to say that i like Wiosna and Innonence also Painful History. Its touching me..... and sometimes i was cry about listen that. Because i got same condition like this game protagonist (although not really heavy :D ) But, i must admit this game change my ways of viewing. Thank you for a wonderful game.

P.S : Can wait if there a sequel :)
TehViraL

Post by TehViraL »

Afternoon's the best song in my opinion.
Redbullet612

Post by Redbullet612 »

Pickman's Model wrote:Aria De l'Etoile was, to me, by far the most emotional track.

But if you wanna talk music/scene combination, check this vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fKkKlkR ... ure=relmfu

I didn't make it, btw.
Spoiler warning to anyone who hasn't finished Hanako's route! (Begs the question, WHY HAVEN'T YOU FINISHED HANAKO'S ROUTE?!)

But that video... my god, at the end... oh god.
Words cannot describe... Should've sent... a poet....

Scissors110

Post by Scissors110 »

"Air Guitar" was the first one to stick to me and the first one I found myself humming. However, I now whistle many of the songs quite often. This game has a pretty well done soundtrack IMO
100% Game Completion!
Character: Lilly>Emi>Hanako>Shizune>Rin
Story: Lilly>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Shizune
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Tenteke

Post by Tenteke »

Raindrops and Puddles is hands down my favorite song from the game. It is so beautiful and well composed
Hope is not dead yet, so we'll forever scream until it's deafening. Jessie Barnett
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not. Kurt Cobain
We are given too much room to be expected to do only good. We are more curious than bold. Keith Buckley
semy32

Post by semy32 »

Shadow of truth and Sarabande from BMV1010.

I also loved Wiosna.
dwarduk

Post by dwarduk »

Jitter, mostly, as you can see from my arguments in the Cloudland Swing thread. But also Red Velvet and Nocturne... Hard to pick, really.

My main KS-bro would pick Afternoon without a second thought, though.
Meiko will be my waifu. I swear it on my honour. </Zuko>
Pseudogenesis

Post by Pseudogenesis »

I tend to judge music based on the amount of emotional stimulation each song gives. Strange, I know, but is there really a better way?

Painful History and Moment of Decision are probably my favourites. Not necessarily because of their associations, or because they're in the "Sad" or intense parts, but because they're absolutely beautiful, and composed without a single hitch in my opinion. Plus I guess I have a soft spot for the minor key.

Certain arrangements of notes affect me so deeply. As I write this, I'm listening to Moment of Decision, and when the mood changed from inconsequential to beautiful and heartbreaking it sent shivers down my spine and I felt my eyes well up. This is why I love music. It's one of the only things that can touch my jaded heart.

/mushiness
The biggest dilemma in Katawa Shoujo:
'Should I recommend this to my friends or do I want them to continue to see me as mentally healthy?'

Mashup of the month: "Damn It Feels Good To Be a Cripple"
dwarduk

Post by dwarduk »

Pseudogenesis wrote:I tend to judge music based on the amount of emotional stimulation each song gives. Strange, I know, but is there really a better way?

Painful History and Moment of Decision are probably my favourites. Not necessarily because of their associations, or because they're in the "Sad" or intense parts, but because they're absolutely beautiful, and composed without a single hitch in my opinion. Plus I guess I have a soft spot for the minor key.

Certain arrangements of notes affect me so deeply. As I write this, I'm listening to Moment of Decision, and when the mood changed from inconsequential to beautiful and heartbreaking it sent shivers down my spine and I felt my eyes well up. This is why I love music. It's one of the only things that can touch my jaded heart.

/mushiness
I completely agree on the arrangements of notes. As an example, a deep A flat major chord has this throaty, alluring richness to it that I just can't resist. My love of Jitter is due to its intensity, however - it is the only piece in the OST that sweeps me (figuratively) off my feet and sends me straight to that state that I have not yet been able to describe to anyone. Guess I'm heading back to the piano to work on my Rin tribute now... =]
Meiko will be my waifu. I swear it on my honour. </Zuko>