Re-reading KS after many other VNs

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Nobody in Particular

Re: Re-reading KS after many other VNs

Post by Nobody in Particular »

stanman237 wrote:Lets get back on track

The things about a great VN is that when you re-read it, you could pick up all of the tiny hints of what is going to happen later on that you miss during the first run through of it. Then you feel stupid for not seeing what is going to happen on the first run. If anything Lily's cinematic is a great example
You also get this with Rin's and Shizune's cinematics but they are a lot more subtle, Rin's one especially.
ShinigamiKenji

Post by ShinigamiKenji »

stanman237 wrote:Lets get back on track

The things about a great VN is that when you re-read it, you could pick up all of the tiny hints of what is going to happen later on that you miss during the first run through of it. Then you feel stupid for not seeing what is going to happen on the first run. If anything Lily's cinematic is a great example
In fact, I think Shizune's is even more misleading. I first thought Misha was in love with Hisao too, I was surprised when I found I was wrong.
Xanatos wrote:Shinigami...Kenji. Oh, you poor guy. You have my sympathies. :lol: But at least with you around, our supple Japanese women won't be raped by lesbians. :mrgreen: ...Actually, that'd be pretty hot

:lol:
Avatar made by OtakuNinja. Yeah, it would be pretty badass if it happened, don't you think?
WorldlyWiseman

Post by WorldlyWiseman »

WorldlyWiseman wrote:
I'd rather people at least consider my point about later experiences with a genre having things that are more specific to the tastes that they are uncovering for themselves, and finding that their earlier experiences only had more general versions of those elements and a such feel like a letdown to return to.
Reposting this, since it's actually relevant, it probably got lost in the FPS boondoggle, and is kind of an important attitude to have when you consume lots of media.
Hanako's favorite joke is The Aristocrats, but she never tells it because Lilly finds it really offensive. Instead, she practices her delivery in front of a mirror when she's alone. It's the only time she never stammers.