I am...Confused...

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Xanatos

I am...Confused...

Post by Xanatos »

Why does this game have a forum...It doesn't seem the sort of thing to have a whole forum dedicated to it...Then again, I did specifically search for one...I'm not entirely sure why...I may be channeling a bit of Rin...

My first ending, for the record, was falling off the roof and dying...My last sight was Kenji...God, it was depressing. I've since completed all of Emi's stuff and most of Hanako's (a few missing scenes)...Emi's bad route had a strange effect...Very...Very strange...
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
gragon

Re: I am...Confused...

Post by gragon »

Well. i think every thing could have a forum!. if there is more than one person that likes something they could make a forum right? and like you said someone will specifcally search for some forum about a topic they are interresed in right? :lol:
''Bear with the pain,but dont admit to it either'' ''climb the tree of problems and eat the apple of succes''
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

gragon wrote:Well. i think every thing could have a forum!. if there is more than one person that likes something they could make a forum right? and like you said someone will specifcally search for some forum about a topic they are interresed in right? :lol:
I suppose...

I feel odd...Playing a game shouldn't have a big effect on anyone...But I feel very odd...I blame Emi.
Last edited by Xanatos on Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
ProfAllister

Post by ProfAllister »

This is the internet. Everything has a forum.

That being said, welcome to one of the warmest and fuzziest places on the internet. Take a look around, read the stickies, take a look at a few discussions. Most of your early questions should be answered by those. Just let yourself ease into it and try to get acquainted. Or, if you find it's not your thing, feel free to wander off.
Current Project: Misha Pseudo-Route

Discord ID: ProfAllister#9754
Discord server
yummines

Post by yummines »

most games have a forum. in fact theres an imageboard for Yume Nikki. its pretty slow though.
Enemy |

Post by Enemy | »

Xanatos wrote:Why does this game have a forum...It doesn't seem the sort of thing to have a whole forum dedicated to it.
Reminds me of all the trolls in the /vg/ generals asking how the hell are we still discussing the game in the 300th-something general about it.
Nekken

Post by Nekken »

Xanatos wrote:Why does this game have a forum...It doesn't seem the sort of thing to have a whole forum dedicated to it...Then again, I did specifically search for one...I'm not entirely sure why...I may be channeling a bit of Rin...
As originally formed, this was more a forum for 4LS than for KS in particular. Since KS is the only game 4LS has done (or, apparently, will be doing) it amounts to more or less the same thing, but a game maker is more the sort of thing to have a forum than a game itself.
Falling in love is a volcano. Being in love is a kotatsu.
Veniathan

Post by Veniathan »

I think what most people or even the devs do not understand is ... This forum will die in a couple of years and here is why.

This game will have no sequel, the developers have "done their job" so to say and will not release anything in the future it seems.

This is game has no modifications, it is not dynamic and nothing new will happen in the same path etc. Eventualy this means as time passes by everyone will know everything, there won't be much to discuss honestly.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Veniathan wrote:I think what most people or even the devs do not understand is ... This forum will die in a couple of years and here is why.

This game will have no sequel, the developers have "done their job" so to say and will not release anything in the future it seems.

This is game has no modifications, it is not dynamic and nothing new will happen in the same path etc. Eventualy this means as time passes by everyone will know everything, there won't be much to discuss honestly.
People knowing everything in the game means there won't be much to discuss as far as guides and walkthroughs. Those are only one topic.
Enemy |

Post by Enemy | »

There will always be new players though
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Enemy | wrote:There will always be new players though
True. Plus there could be new games inspired by it. Spiritual successors, they're called.
ravenlord

Post by ravenlord »

Enemy | wrote:There will always be new players though
Exactly. And new life experiences, and new games like KS. And people who will play it again after a few months or a year just for a hit of the feels. And people who like to hang here because it is a friendly place.

Devs may take it down eventually if they get tired of moderating it, but there will always be a significant core group that will hang out and post here as long as it stays up.
Hanako>Shizune>Lilly>Emi>Rin {100% complete}
"痘痕も靨" (If there is love, then smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples) ~ Japanese proverb
horizon

Post by horizon »

Veniathan wrote:This forum will die in a couple of years
Everything dies eventually: games, communities, people. Maybe it'll be after a couple of years for this forum as you predict, maybe not. But why worry about that? We can discuss KS-related stuff here today, when there's stuff to talk about and likeminded people to share our thoughts with. That's easily a good enough a reason to justify the existence of this forum.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

horizon wrote:
Veniathan wrote:This forum will die in a couple of years
Everything dies eventually: games, communities, people. Maybe it'll be after a couple of years for this forum as you predict, maybe not. But why worry about that? We can discuss KS-related stuff here today, when there's stuff to talk about and likeminded people to share our thoughts with. That's easily a good enough a reason to justify the existence of this forum.

I don't like to think about this place dying...Then all these people go away...
Waytfm

Post by Waytfm »

Well, there is a possibility of more games being released under the 4LS moniker. Aura just recently said that many members of the dev team wouldn't mind doing something like this again. So there's always hope for more, even if there's nothing concrete yet. I'm not going call this a terminal forum yet. I still think there's a fairly good chance 4LS will do something else in the future. So I'll lurk around until something happens, at least.
Con Amore: a musical Visual Novel set in Italy, currently in the works.