If you were enrolled in Yamaku High School...

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Pyramid Head

Re: If you were enrolled in Yamaku High School...

Post by Pyramid Head »

I'd hook up with Hanako, win her heart, and kill Kenji.

Oh, wait, are we supposed to be realistic with our expectations? Yeah, i doubt Hanako would go for the bastard love child of Zetsubou Sensei and Konata Izumi, she'd probably be a little frightened by my pitch black jokes. Maybe not, maybe the fact that my attention is selective and i'd be more distracted by the shoulders on her school uniform than her scars and the fact that i'm very good with animals would interest her, but i think her preference for quiet reading and my preference for BioShock and Silent Hill 2 wouldn't work well together.

So with more realistic expectations, i think i'd go to Yamaku Academy because it wasn't that tightly populated and they don't expect me to join a club, study the local food and art scene, maybe befriend Rin because of my familiarity with the mentally unwell and ability to understand what they are saying, and start a small group for writers with severe caffeine addiction. And kill Kenji.
The fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh.
Enemy |

Post by Enemy | »

Friends with no one.
Friendly acquaintance to almost everyone.
Just like in real life.
mysterycycle

Post by mysterycycle »

If I were to run with parallels to my own life, I'd probably end up going to Yamaku because it was the closest school to my resort-town residence (IRL, I went to a mountain-top high school amidst a bunch of resort towns, which, in comparison to the rest of Southern California, was quite an ivory tower. The town near Yamaku sounds a little like my hometown).

Most likely I would be nice to Shizune and Misha, but they would exhaust me so much that I'd probably avoid hanging out with them outside of class, and I definitely wouldn't get roped into Student Council. I'd probably enjoy talking to Miki, at least at first - depending on how much of a "bad girl" she actually is, I'd either hang out with her all the time (assuming she wasn't a total pothead or rebel or whatever) or be friendly with her but leave her to her own devices outside of class (if she was those things). As I've said in other threads, I've always been pretty straight-laced...

I would almost certainly join the Art Club, through which I would meet Rin. I don't know if I would connect with her at all, aside from noticing that she's a really talented artist, but since I'd be more into manga and more literal representational artwork than her abstract, fine arts approach, I doubt we'd have much to talk about outside of critiquing each others' work. But through her I can imagine meeting Emi, and I would happily hang out with her (and thus Rin).

I'd also spend a lot of time in the library, so I'd certainly see Hanako. I'd probably be curious enough about her to approach her at some point (probably a month or two into the school year), but if she reacted to me as she did to Hisao I'd probably back off, thinking she didn't want anything to do with me and not wanting to bother her any further. I'd probably try to get into the Literature Club; if I succeeded, then I'd meet Suzu...

Presumably I would befriend some of the guys at Yamaku, but since we're barely aware of most of them in the game, it's hard to say who. Takashi looks like he's got kind of an attitude (if I had tinnitus, I'd probably be a bit short-tempered, too), so I might avoid him. Akio looks pretty nondescript, but Lezard looks like a pretty cool guy... I would avoid Kenji like the plague.

I'd probably end up hanging out with Taro. He looks like a gamer. :lol:

EDIT: Pyramid Head, you live in Silent Hill, too? I was going to suggest that it was odd we've never met one another...but we live in Silent Hill.
You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person.
ImageImage
Couch to 5k with Emi: WD123 W2D123 W3D123 W4D123 W5D123 W6D123 W7D123 W8D123 W9D123
I'm making a Katawa Shoujo doujinshi!
My deviantArt
Eclipse

Post by Eclipse »

I would definitely get along with Kenji.
I'll say I'm going to a boarding school because I want to help protect the world.
I shall serve Kenji as his second in command.
"Don't die!"
~Anonymous
Myshina

Post by Myshina »

I'm an Athletic person, so the first thing I'll do is join the Track Club. Therefor, I might befriend Miki or Emi. I'm pretty hyper person, bold, and a good conversation starter; so I think I'll be making friends a lot easier than Hisao did.

I might seek Lilly, because I'm always used to have a calm, playful and wise presence in my life. I do not see myself becoming friends with Hanako, since I'm probably too bold and hyper for her shyness. I might drive her away with my agressive gaze and my lack of respect for personal space.

Shizune and I would probably butt-heads, and my first impression of hers is not so charming. (I tend to rely on those a lot.) I don't see myself talking with Misha, since she is pretty much Enslaved by Shizune.

I would have the fun of my life having a conversation with Rin; and I would happily have a picnic with her and Emi any time.

That's probably it. xD
Xanatos wrote: Whips, of course. :P I don't do that submissive shit!
ZXRN

Post by ZXRN »

After reading all these meaningful posts...I conclude that I might not be able to be friends with all of them at all since I am quite shy. However, whoever approaches me first and be interesting will no doubt be a friend. So yeah, sad but Hanako would still be out. MIsha yes, but Shizune's gonna bug the living hell outta me (prolly force me to do stuff). So in the end, only Emi, Rin, Miki and Yuuko (if she's not as shy as me when we meet). Kenji would definitely be a friend too. And lastly, that old guy in the antique shop! (You'd never know!)
I'll do my best to be my Emiest.
Axelownz

Post by Axelownz »

Actually now that i think about it, given the right circumstance i would have a good chance to be friends with Emi. I am a very fast runner, well at least i am pretty sure i am, i have not acutally sprinted my fastest in some time, and i am a bit more muscular now and gained a little wait since last time, but i think i can still run about the same. Anyway i can outrun anyone i have ever known and sprint incredibly fast for about 30 seconds, it completely kills me to do this but i have been able to do it since i was a kid.

Anyway my point is i could see finding myself at the track one day, and getting cocky and just deciding to sprint all out of the hell of it. Emi would see it and probably be pretty impressed at my speed, and might even try to challenge me to a race. After that she would probably see my endurance and yell at me for it being so bad....and probably take me under her wing to raise my endurance.

That same story pretty much happened in highschool, except the training. I did sprint all out one day out of nowhere during our runs in gym class, and i usually just went at a normal slower pace. The jocks freaked out and tried to catch up but they couldn't. After that everyone was like "dude, i never knew you were so fast", i became pretty decent friends with the jocks who raced me, and there were alot of girls giving me attention then too after that....good times i guess.
Paddy
Location: In wheat fields, which must be placed on the valley floor.

Post by Paddy »

To be honest, I don't see why I would go, very much... :? I mean, unless I lived in the town below the hill and there were no mission schools - Catholic, Protestant, or Orthodox - in the surrounding cities, and my parents were making enough money or one of them worked at Yamaku so I could afford to get in to it, for whatever reason...

Yeah, I'll use that one. My parents wanted me to have the best education I could in the area, and they wanted to expose me to people different from those in most of the world for some deep, philosophical reason. So (and remember in this line of thinking I'm about 14 years old, so I'm trying to remember what I would have been like at that age) I went there, with a slight bit of protest in my heart. After all, what could I possibly share in common with... cripples? :? But, being the reserved, subservient, diplomatic fellow I am, I say nothing as I walk in to school, and say hello to everyone I see, looking right past most of their disabilities. Hm - seems most of them aren't all that seriously impaired after all. :? They hardly look all that different from me. Even the ones who do - they have a skeletal deformity, their hand flops around uselessly at the end of an unusually short arm, they have burns covering their face - after the initial shock, and watching and talking with them a few minutes (if we're put in the opportunity), I see they're really not much different than me.

Do I fit in right away? No. After all, I'm still under the impression that I'm pretty much the only guy here who isn't missing an arm or a leg or who isn't deaf or blind or whose skeleton isn't twisted or something else like that. And it does make me uncomfortable for the first week. I feel helpless when I am alone with a deaf person. And the occasional awkward situation makes me feel more uncomfortable than I usually would.

But I come to be on fair amicable terms with everyone, and eventually I almost forget that they had anything different about them at all, anyway. Well, except their personalities, of course. (I don't think anyone could say Rin is anything like normal, at least not on the surface. :lol:) And gradually, it'd become almost like going to a regular high school. I'd have many acquaintances, but few or no friends (assuming I could find a computer with an Internet connection somewhere, I would have always preferred that to human interaction). And so I'd wrap up my days at Yamaku quietly enough to expedite the finishing of this post so I can leave and possibly come back to finish it later when I'm feeling less anti-social.
I'm weary of the railway,
Poor Paddy works on the railway.

Блажен муж, иже не иде на совет нечестивых.
Blessed is the man, who walks not in the counsel of the wicked. (Psalm 1:1)
Got questions about God, Christianity, or the Catholic Church?
mainframe004

Post by mainframe004 »

I just remembered that Hanako likes using computers. I just might be able to get along with her through this; hopefully she's a gamer.

"We live as we do to show the world what it could be." ~ Machinae Supremacy - Overworld

Paths: Lilly > Hanako > Rin = Emi >>> Shizune
Characters: Hanako > Rin > Shizune > Emi > Lilly
Axelownz

Post by Axelownz »

mainframe004 wrote:I just remembered that Hanako likes using computers. I just might be able to get along with her through this; hopefully she's a gamer.
Me too i guess, i happen to be good with computers for some reason, don't know, i guess i have a knack for it. I bet she would be a PC gamer though....and i don't PC game. She would probably be playing all these Steam games that i never heard of.
yummines

Post by yummines »

Axelownz wrote:
mainframe004 wrote:I just remembered that Hanako likes using computers. I just might be able to get along with her through this; hopefully she's a gamer.
Me too i guess, i happen to be good with computers for some reason, don't know, i guess i have a knack for it. I bet she would be a PC gamer though....and i don't PC game. She would probably be playing all these Steam games that i never heard of.
but of course. especially games like The Binding of Issac and Left 4 Dead 2 (sarcasm if you cant tell)

im guessing stuff like Bastion or Braid
Pseudogenesis

Post by Pseudogenesis »

Kenji grew on me. I used to hate his very presence, but he's a bro. Just takes some getting used to.
The biggest dilemma in Katawa Shoujo:
'Should I recommend this to my friends or do I want them to continue to see me as mentally healthy?'

Mashup of the month: "Damn It Feels Good To Be a Cripple"
Erenussocrates

Post by Erenussocrates »

Well, if I were in Hisao's shoes and if all that stuff had happened in my real life, I would definitely end up in manly picnic, that much is clear by now..
Well, on the other hand, if I were in Hisao's shoes, I wouldn't do many things Hisao did, that is an another fact though. But instead I would bury myself in my books at the festival time.

On a side note: I never liked Kenji. I couldn't, really..
Axelownz

Post by Axelownz »

I know i would never become friends with Kenji, he reminds me of a person i know in real life, but Kenji is an even worse version, and i already don't like hanging with him. I know i would not end up at the manly picnic, or at least i wouldn't drink, since i really don't drink at all.
mainframe004

Post by mainframe004 »

Axelownz wrote:
I would totally get her into StarCraft II. I don't care if she prefers slower games, I want to turn her into a strategy gamer!

Then I'd Nydus her main. /reference

"We live as we do to show the world what it could be." ~ Machinae Supremacy - Overworld

Paths: Lilly > Hanako > Rin = Emi >>> Shizune
Characters: Hanako > Rin > Shizune > Emi > Lilly