Which character did you get most attached to and why

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

TheHellionTrooper

Re: Which character did you get most attached to and why

Post by TheHellionTrooper »

It was Hanako for me. She really was a character I was drawn to right from the get-go, and she really reminded me of me. And I actually found myself becoming attached to her, more-so when I found out she was bullied all of her time in her years growing up. I too hate experienced this pain, and as a result, I too have become rather reclusive as the way some people "socialize" with me, I find myself getting irritated with them, and I just can't even deal with them anymore afterwards. She's also very shy, which for some reason made me like her, and everytime she smiled, I just felt myself smiling as well. She really was special when I played her story. Then again, I still have Rin's, Emi's, and Shizunes.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

TheHellionTrooper wrote:It was Hanako for me. She really was a character I was drawn to right from the get-go, and she really reminded me of me. And I actually found myself becoming attached to her, more-so when I found out she was bullied all of her time in her years growing up. I too hate experienced this pain, and as a result, I too have become rather reclusive as the way some people "socialize" with me, I find myself getting irritated with them, and I just can't even deal with them anymore afterwards. She's also very shy, which for some reason made me like her, and everytime she smiled, I just felt myself smiling as well. She really was special when I played her story. Then again, I still have Rin's, Emi's, and Shizunes.
Rin and Emi are pretty good ones. Shizune too, but many disagree. Nurse is AMAZING in Emi's.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Deardrops

Post by Deardrops »

For me, I think I'm stuck with either Emi or Lilly. I found Hanako's a bit too.. Extreme? Not that I didn't 'enjoy' it, I still found it truly emotional, it's just I couldn't really relate to it.
Hanako's route seemed as if it was aimed to simply make you depressed. However, I will admit that she was also the last route I played and so perhaps that affected my perception.
Shizune I found a bit... Forceful? I don't know. But I couldn't really connect with it emotionally. And Rin I kinda enjoyed, although I'm not a huge fan of art, but I enjoyed her spontaneous, abstract thoughts. I do wish there was a bit more of Misha, even though her constant "WAHAHA" started to provoke a few suicidal thoughts (only kidding), but I think 4LS probably made the right choice leaving her out a bit.

I really loved Lilly's route, and simply Lilly herself, because I found her personality very similar to mine. I always have people relying on me too, scrambling around aimlessly with their lives whilst I'm struggling to keep myself up - but I manage to get on with it. And she gets on with hers, in her own, unique way. We both leaders in our own sense.
Another little side-note to add I guess, is that my sister was born blind too. So that kinda helps me to relate to how Lilly lives her life. She will also be moving to a residential school in a month or two and when I visited it, all I could think of was Yamaku: The infrastructure, the specialization of all the rooms and corridors, and so on. Can you imagine a world that you cannot see? A world that you can only recognize by sounds, smells, and memory - feeling your way around, assuming that everything is in the same place as before. I'm amazed at how easily my sister is able to move around the house nowadays, but of course, things can't stay the same forever.
Back to talking about Lilly specifically, I think the most important reason for why I love her, is how she keeps herself composed despite the pressure; she always keeps a smile and thinks about her actions and words, which makes the finale such an emotional climax becauseit reveals her hidden side - how far she would honestly go for someone she loves. Something that only one person would ever experience. I wouldn't say Lilly is a 'motherly figure', but simply, an adoration - not to mention that I think she is, by far, the most beautifully drawn character.
bearclaw01234 wrote:she puts herself completely into everything she does, the way that with her love is complete in both physical action & emotion.. the way love with her would go on longer than an eternity & still be as strong as the first day it was started
I think one can only hope that they'll meet someone like her in the future. I would say more but all my 'feels' are getting jumbled up writing this haha. I'd certainly be there for her.
Corinlee wrote:i grew most attached to her is the fact that she had no one to turn to when SHE needed to talk with someone
But as I mentioned earlier, I'm also stuck with Emi. She's very different to Lilly, of course, but I think I find her route just as attractive - excluding a err,particular scene, in a particular outside building.. Of course. Although that did add a bit of humour I guess? 'Wahaha.'

Emi's such an upbeat, optimistic and cheeky character. She seems like the kind of friend I'd love to have, and not to mention how cute she can be! I can't really say I'm like her, but I wouldn't mind trying, she has a way of making her life seem much more enjoyable despite her loss.
Emi gave the impression that every second you spend with her would be worth it. I'm not a sporty person myself, but I'll admit that if I could run with someone like her, I'd certainly keep it up - and no not for that kind of erotica motive, but just the fact it'd be nice to know someone like her.
Auratus wrote:a classmate asked me why I smiling while running. I think it might because I do forget about loneliness when running
She's a bit of an under-rated character I feel, and there's a lot more to her than people first assume.
She was also the first route I went down and so obviously that may have a part in how I feel, but I think what I felt was genuine too. I played KS virtually non-stop when I first started - it was my first VN too. I'll be honest, I really wasn't expecting much, but the way not just Emi and Lilly, but how all the characters are portrayed really does make it become life-like and you become all too reluctant to close down the window and return to reality.

I think all the characters are special to someone, and everyone has their own reasons. It just so happens that for me, I feel it is Emi and Lilly, and this may seem silly but I felt as if I was cheating when I went down the other routes! It'd give me a smile whenever I saw those two.

Simply, KS made me realize that there's a bright future out there if you're willing to make it, and I think it's one I can't wait to experience.

----One last thing to add, slightly irrelevant and I don't know if many people agree, but I think the name "Disability Girls" is a bit condescending and gives the wrong idea of the hugely emotionally developed story to be revealed. But heyho, it's a simple one, and I don't think I could think of anything better haha!
God I put in too much effort.
"Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying."
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Deardrops wrote:I think the name "Disability Girls" is a bit condescending
Who's it condescending to?
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
Deardrops

Post by Deardrops »

Hmm, good question.
I'd say, the characters themselves. As the story explains I mean, yeah they're disabled, that's obvious, but it's who they really are that the story goes on to tell. Not 'what' they are.
"Disabled Girls" kinda seems to generalize them all as one big group that society is known to look down upon - I tried to talk to a friend about the story and as soon as he heard the name he didn't listen to me and that was that. Of course, it shouldn't be like that, but that's just how it seems to be. :|
"Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying."
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Deardrops wrote:Hmm, good question.
I'd say, the characters themselves. As the story explains I mean, yeah they're disabled, that's obvious, but it's who they really are that the story goes on to tell. Not 'what' they are.
"Disabled Girls" kinda seems to generalize them all as one big group that society is known to look down upon - I tried to talk to a friend about the story and as soon as he heard the name he didn't listen to me and that was that. Of course, it shouldn't be like that, but that's just how it seems to be. :|
They're girls. They have disabilities. What's condescending about the facts? Now, if the title was "Worthless Defective Sluts", that might be a bit condescending... :P

Next time, just tell people the Japanese name. It sounds neat and nobody will know. XD
Deardrops

Post by Deardrops »

Xanatos wrote: They're girls. They have disabilities. What's condescending about the facts? Now, if the title was "Worthless Defective Sluts", that might be a bit condescending... :P

Next time, just tell people the Japanese name. It sounds neat and nobody will know. XD
Lmao, good point. :') And if they ask what it means I'll just say something that bigs it up haha.
Heartless Wanderer

Post by Heartless Wanderer »

It's hard to pick the one that I'm "most" attached to since Hanako, Rin, Emi, and Lilly all pulled at a different particular heartstring of mine just as strongly. Shizune less so, but more because she's the one person in the bunch that I can't relate to in one form or another so she felt more like a "character" than a person to me. That's more about me than Shizune herself, by the way. Also, didn't enjoy the pushiness. I don't like pushiness. Pushiness and me? We don't mix.

I could relate to Hanako because I'm introverted and, in school, I was that quiet loner who hung back and never talked to anyone. Most of the time, anyway. I loosened up a bit toward the end and around specific people, but the point is I had enough of an inkling of how that felt that the massive differences in motivation between her shyness and my own didn't seem to matter so much.

Rin got to me partially because I found myself in the weird position of actually being able to follow a good number of her thought processes, certainly enough that I could grasp where she was coming from in general terms.

Emi's determination is something I wish I could say I had myself. So she was inspiring. At the same time her tendency to shut others out and try to cope on her own is something I used to do and to some extent still lapse into from time to time, so even though (again) the motivation behind it was different, I could certainly relate to her.

Lilly is an odd case since I actually found myself becoming attached to her during Hanako's route, well before I read through her own. She was such a fantastic and caring friend, on top of being just an overall nice person, that I took an instant liking to her. Learning more about her via her romance path really just cemented that feeling.

I can't pick a favorite, and since they aren't real and I'm under no obligation to choose, I'm not going to bother. I love 'em all.
[Emibro], [Hanabro], [Lilly Lover], [Rin Kin], Feminist, Two-timer

In other words, [Manly Picnic]
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Heartless Wanderer wrote: Rin got to me partially because I found myself in the weird position of actually being able to follow a good number of her thought processes, certainly enough that I could grasp where she was coming from in general terms.
You certainly did seem like a Rin Kin to me after reading the first paragraph. :)
Last edited by OtakuNinja on Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
swifty

Post by swifty »

hanako or schizune.... both uneasy in comunecation.... but hanako is cuter and somehow the scars make her more attractive.. schizunebecouse generall baddassery
or do i love
well there both in KATAWA SHOUJO THE BEST GAME AVAAAR!!!
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Heartless Wanderer wrote:I'm under no obligation to choose, I'm not going to bother.
That attitude will land you right into a manly picnic. :P
kuranyll

Post by kuranyll »

Mine would definitely have to be a tie between Emi and Shizune. Much like Emi, I tried to keep all of my problems bottled up and dealt with them on my own, while also trying to always be there to help others. I also deeply admired her determination, as it was something that I've always lacked. Playing Emi's route definitely tugged on the most strings, and quite a lot of feels were had.

Shizune also got the job done, mostly because of her constant effort to do more than she needed to. Her doing all of it only because she wanted to make people happy, and the way she goes about doing because of how she feels about people not opening up to her definitely resonated with me, and just hit me like a wall.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

kuranyll wrote:Mine would definitely have to be a tie between Emi and Shizune. Much like Emi, I tried to keep all of my problems bottled up and dealt with them on my own, while also trying to always be there to help others. I also deeply admired her determination, as it was something that I've always lacked. Playing Emi's route definitely tugged on the most strings, and quite a lot of feels were had.

Shizune also got the job done, mostly because of her constant effort to do more than she needed to. Her doing all of it only because she wanted to make people happy, and the way she goes about doing because of how she feels about people not opening up to her definitely resonated with me, and just hit me like a wall.
Careful. Shizune fans are anathema around here. :lol:
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

Xanatos wrote:
kuranyll wrote:Mine would definitely have to be a tie between Emi and Shizune. Much like Emi, I tried to keep all of my problems bottled up and dealt with them on my own, while also trying to always be there to help others. I also deeply admired her determination, as it was something that I've always lacked. Playing Emi's route definitely tugged on the most strings, and quite a lot of feels were had.

Anathema? Oh, Lilly fans screw you man! :lol:

At least some of the best FF writers around here are Shizuists. Bite that! 8)
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Megumeru wrote:
Xanatos wrote:

Anathema? Oh, Lilly fans screw you man! :lol:

At least some of the best FF writers around here are Shizuists. Bite that! 8)
Hey, I like Shizune! I'm just being realistic: People hate her around here. XD

AND I've got some FF ideas I really gotta start work on!