Which character did you get most attached to and why

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

OtakuNinja

Re: Which character did you get most attached to and why

Post by OtakuNinja »

Megumeru wrote:Anathema? Oh, Lilly fans screw you man! :lol:

At least some of the best FF writers around here are Shizuists. Bite that! 8)
But their fanfics are not about Shizune. ;)
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

OtakuNinja wrote:

Doesn't change the fact that some of the best FF writers are Shizuists :lol:
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Megumeru wrote:
OtakuNinja wrote:

Doesn't change the fact that some of the best FF writers are Shizuists :lol:
Shizune has nothing to do with them being the best. :lol:
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

OtakuNinja wrote: Shizune has nothing to do with them being the best. :lol:
Still doesn't change the fact that the best FF writers in this side of the net are Shizuists :lol:

what does Lilliths have? Overly attached BF? :lol:

SHII-HAEL!
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Megumeru wrote:
OtakuNinja wrote: Shizune has nothing to do with them being the best. :lol:
Still doesn't change the fact that the best FF writers in this side of the net are Shizuists :lol:

what does Lilliths have? Overly attached BF? :lol:
"Lilliths"??? Seriously, we are called Lilly Lovers. :evil:

We have Lilly, the one and only true waifu. As one of my fellow LLs said to me; "Lilly - waifu of the year, all years." :mrgreen:
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

OtakuNinja wrote: "Lilliths"??? Seriously, we are called Lilly Lovers. :evil:

We have Lilly, the one and only true waifu. As one of my fellow LLs said to me; "Lilly - waifu of the year, all years." :mrgreen:
yep, overly attached BFs. Confirmed...check! :lol:

SHII-HAEL!
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Megumeru wrote:
OtakuNinja wrote: "Lilliths"??? Seriously, we are called Lilly Lovers. :evil:

yep, overly attached BFs. Confirmed...check! :lol:
That's not a bad thing. ;)
Btw, we are FBs, not BFs. :lol:
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

OtakuNinja wrote:

That's because Shizune's story was the only one satisfying enough to not require fanmade continuations. 8) Put that in your tea and drink it.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Xanatos wrote:
OtakuNinja wrote:

That's because Shizune's story was the only one satisfying enough to not require fanmade continuations. 8) Put that in your tea and drink it.
On whose side are you?! :lol:
Heartless Wanderer

Post by Heartless Wanderer »

I would actually say that Shizune's was the most "unfinished" story of the bunch, really, seeing as it very pointedly leaves both the relationship and Hisao's current frame of mind in a "work-in-progress" state during the ending. If any story can benefit from continuation, it's that one.
[Emibro], [Hanabro], [Lilly Lover], [Rin Kin], Feminist, Two-timer

In other words, [Manly Picnic]
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Heartless Wanderer wrote:I would actually say that Shizune's was the most "unfinished" story of the bunch, really, seeing as it very pointedly leaves both the relationship and Hisao's current frame of mind in a "work-in-progress" state during the ending. If any story can benefit from continuation, it's that one.
Saved by the newbie. :lol:
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Heartless Wanderer wrote:I would actually say that Shizune's was the most "unfinished" story of the bunch, really, seeing as it very pointedly leaves both the relationship and Hisao's current frame of mind in a "work-in-progress" state during the ending. If any story can benefit from continuation, it's that one.
All relationships are a perpetual work-in-progress. When you quit working on them, they fail.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

Xanatos wrote:
All relationships are a perpetual work-in-progress. When you quit working on them, they fail.
medal for this guy, right here.

Long journey ahead and an open-ended ending
FBs...am I thinking this right?

so many of them...wow...
...oh my... :oops:

SHII-HAEL!
H_Shot_W

Post by H_Shot_W »

Well, couldn't find an introduction thread, so I guess this is as good a place as any to have my first ever post on this forum. Besides, formal introductions are for the weak.

Okay, I'm going to start by saying something right off home plate about what I've read in this specific thread thus far.

I am jealous of all your reasons.

It seems most people have a very deep and emotional reason why it was that they were drawn to the characters of their choosing. Maybe it is because I am far too hard on myself, but my reason hardly seems to compete: mostly related to something which happened to me physically. However, I suppose that this is nothing if not an open forum. So I shall get on with it lest I bore you all to death with my inane and pointless ramblings.

Emi was my choice, and for one simple reason.

Afghanistan.

While I am not allowed to divulge the full details of the night it happened, in Afghanistan while operating an OP to monitor insurgent activity, I had a rather traumatic experience. I nearly lost one of my own legs. Now when I say that I "nearly lost it", this isn't in the usual sense that war stories seem to be in: a grazing wound, pulling it out of a disastrous situation in the nick of time, etc. When I say I nearly lost my leg, there were no ifs, ands, or butts about it. As I was lying on the helicopter sobbing for my mommy, my God, and (most importantly) the medic: the Sergeant tending to me was having to seriously consider whether or not my leg would need amputation. They had no way of knowing if I would get back in time to save it, or if there was even any hope of saving it to begin with. Well, as grim as it sounds, the story does have a happy ending. My leg was thankfully saved. Not only that, I returned to don my beret that I so dearly loved, and was able to continue service once I had fully recovered. I couldn't have been happier.

Then, when I was home, one of my two elder brothers starts telling me about a game (you know the one). I won't lie; the way he first swung to me threw me off a bit. A romance novel/dating sim? I had played those before. With girls who were notable at first glance for various disabilities? Well, everybody deserves to love and be loved back so I had no problems with this. That contains hentai? . . . back the truck up. Contained what?! I was wary at first, given past experiences that this might just be some cheap sexual exploitation. I wasn't going to cast it down entirely, however. I was committed that I would at least give it a try. If I could stand enemy fire, then I could stand this. So I soldiered on (no pun or joke intended) to find out what this was all about. After installing it on my computer, I had just gotten back inside the wire, had two days to kill according to schedule, ate some chow, kicked off my boots, and started it up for my first experience of this game (despite my brother's corrections, I still call it a game instead of a VN. Reflex) that I had ever had.

What I expected?

I expected to be bombarded with hentai pictures of girls with various disabilities being raw-dogged by some dude(s), while being strung along with some odd collection of sentences loosely resembling a plot.

What I got?

I will not lie. I cried tears. Manly tears. Lots of them, too. I felt emotions. As a beer-guzzling, bacon-chomping, bearded, blue-blooded American conservative who shoots things for a living -- I don't do emotions very well. At least not when it comes to expressing them -- as the beer-guzzling and shooting would tell you.

The character of Emi stole my heart. Not at first sight, no, nothing so stereotypical. At first I just thought, in a way that totally doesn't make me seem like a pedophile at my age, "Hey, if I were in her age group, I would likely find her attractive". Verbatim, too. Memories of that night that seemed so long ago still burned in to my mind for the rest of my life, I had taken notice of her legs. Or rather, at the risk of sounding tasteless and crude, the lack there-of. I started to pursue this relationship with Emi, listening intently to the story. I found myself getting drawn to her. Part of me felt like I had seen a ghost that never was as I went further along in the story. Some of those things, the phantom limb pains, the being physically restricted with my height, and even the more emotionally attached side-effects (especially those, really) all drew me in to this character. Sure, the sex scenes were good, and to my pleasant surprise they were very tastefully done. I didn't even feel the least bit ashamed when one of my buddies walked in to our room while happened to be at that one scene in the shed. You know. Because Emi needed some gloves. Why? Because sure, it was a rather lude and carnal act being performed on screen by drawn figures (as if he had walked in a real picture would have made it better?), but it was all the things that had led up to that point and followed that made me appreciate the entirety of the game.

So I was attracted to Emi my first play-through.

Not because of something which I suffer from.

Not because I knew somebody who did.

Because if that medic hadn't been able to pull his miracles, or that helicopter hadn't been fast enough, that could have been me in a way.

Even with multiple tours overseas, a variety of wounds, and more near-death experiences than I've had birthdays -- that scared the hell out of me. Emi's story, in a weird way I don't think I'll ever be able to explain, gave me hope. Or some sense of it, in a way.
"Adversity is like a strong wind. It tears away from us all but the things that cannot be torn, so that we see ourselves as we really are." ~ Arthur Golden, author.

"The very greatest things - great thoughts, discoveries, inventions - have usually been nurtured in hardship, often pondered over in sorrow, and at length established with difficulty." ~ Samuel Smiles, author.
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Shizune's route wasn't even a proper relationship.
Megumeru wrote:
FBs...am I thinking this right?

so many of them...wow...
...oh my... :oops:
Probably... :)
No, wait! :shock: You're absolutely wrong! :oops:
FB is fanboy. Only fanboy. Nothing else. *Facepalm*