Which character did you get most attached to and why

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Xanatos

Re: Which character did you get most attached to and why

Post by Xanatos »

OtakuNinja wrote:
Shizune's route wasn't even a proper relationship.
Except it was. :P
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Xanatos wrote:
OtakuNinja wrote:
Shizune's route wasn't even a proper relationship.
Except it was. :P
When? :P
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
H_Shot_W

Post by H_Shot_W »

Personally, and I'm gonna' lose my man-card for saying this, but I was disappointed in the Shizune path because I felt like it left me wanting more. And not in the good way like a well-written book does.

In that way like your girlfriend teases you all night, strips down -- and then leaves to go back to her place.
"Adversity is like a strong wind. It tears away from us all but the things that cannot be torn, so that we see ourselves as we really are." ~ Arthur Golden, author.

"The very greatest things - great thoughts, discoveries, inventions - have usually been nurtured in hardship, often pondered over in sorrow, and at length established with difficulty." ~ Samuel Smiles, author.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

H_Shot_W wrote:At first I just thought, in a way that totally doesn't make me seem like a pedophile at my age...
You do know Yamaku is a high school, right?

@OtakuNinja: The whole time. Play it again, ya redcoat-imitating tea sucker. (Guess who's been playing Assassins Creed 3 lately? THIS GUY!)
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
Heartless Wanderer

Post by Heartless Wanderer »

Xanatos wrote:
Heartless Wanderer wrote:I would actually say that Shizune's was the most "unfinished" story of the bunch, really, seeing as it very pointedly leaves both the relationship and Hisao's current frame of mind in a "work-in-progress" state during the ending. If any story can benefit from continuation, it's that one.
All relationships are a perpetual work-in-progress. When you quit working on them, they fail.
We're not talking about a relationship, Xanatos. We're talking about a story about a relationship.

"Story" being operative word.
[Emibro], [Hanabro], [Lilly Lover], [Rin Kin], Feminist, Two-timer

In other words, [Manly Picnic]
H_Shot_W

Post by H_Shot_W »

Xanatos wrote:
H_Shot_W wrote:At first I just thought, in a way that totally doesn't make me seem like a pedophile at my age...
You do know Yamaku is a high school, right?

@OtakuNinja: The whole time. Play it again, ya redcoat-imitating tea sucker. (Guess who's been playing Assassins Creed 3 lately? THIS GUY!)
I'm a 28 year old soldier serving in the 19th SFG.

We don't find our dates in highschools.

It'd get us . . . looks. :|
"Adversity is like a strong wind. It tears away from us all but the things that cannot be torn, so that we see ourselves as we really are." ~ Arthur Golden, author.

"The very greatest things - great thoughts, discoveries, inventions - have usually been nurtured in hardship, often pondered over in sorrow, and at length established with difficulty." ~ Samuel Smiles, author.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Heartless Wanderer wrote:
Xanatos wrote:
Heartless Wanderer wrote:I would actually say that Shizune's was the most "unfinished" story of the bunch, really, seeing as it very pointedly leaves both the relationship and Hisao's current frame of mind in a "work-in-progress" state during the ending. If any story can benefit from continuation, it's that one.
All relationships are a perpetual work-in-progress. When you quit working on them, they fail.
We're not talking about a relationship, Xanatos. We're talking about a story about a relationship.

"Story" being operative word.
And this story obviously was making a point by being that way. :P So Shizune wins.

@H_Shot_W: I should hope you don't. :lol: That'd be weird.
H_Shot_W

Post by H_Shot_W »

Indeed it would my friend. I'll stick to bitter ex-wifes -- or rather, I'll stick to just having a bitter ex-wife.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand, back on course!

After Emi, I found myself inexplicably drawn to Lilly. Go figure.

So I'd be . . . what? Emibro with the subset of LL? :P

OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

H_Shot_W wrote:Indeed it would my friend. I'll stick to bitter ex-wifes -- or rather, I'll stick to just having a bitter ex-wife.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand, back on course!

After Emi, I found myself inexplicably drawn to Lilly. Go figure.

So I'd be . . . what? Emibro with the subset of LL? :P
If you like Lilly more than Emi, you're a LL.
Deardrops

Post by Deardrops »

H_Shot_W wrote:Even with multiple tours overseas, a variety of wounds, and more near-death experiences than I've had birthdays -- that scared the hell out of me. Emi's story, in a weird way I don't think I'll ever be able to explain, gave me hope. Or some sense of it, in a way.
Wow. I won't quote the whole thing of course, but that's probably one of the most touching reasons for why somebody became attached to one of the characters I've ever read haha.
Good for you man, also I gotta say I completely agree with how you first thought it was going to be like. :')
"Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying."
H_Shot_W

Post by H_Shot_W »

OtakuNinja wrote:If you like Lilly more than Emi, you're a LL.
Nah, Emi first.

You'll not recruit me so easily, friend.

OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

H_Shot_W wrote:
OtakuNinja wrote:If you like Lilly more than Emi, you're a LL.
Nah, Emi first.

You'll not recruit me so easily, friend.
Damn. :roll:
So Emi is your favorite, and Lilly is a close second, but what about the rest? :)
Deardrops

Post by Deardrops »

H_Shot_W wrote: After Emi, I found myself inexplicably drawn to Lilly. Go figure.
Oh, and snap.
And about this whole Shizune thing, I have to agree with that.
I think Shizune, as a character, is greatly portrayed throughout her route and I did start to like her but, the route/story itself I thought wasn't as.. 'Refined', as the others. It came to a pretty abrupt ending and I felt there could have been a lot more - but hey, I think every route could have gone on for days more if 4LS really wanted to.

Not that I would mind, at all.
"Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying."
H_Shot_W

Post by H_Shot_W »

In order?

Emi, Lilly, Hanako and Rin are at a tie for third because I have crippling "big brother" complex that makes me seem like a jerk at times, and then Shizune.

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Deardrops wrote:I think every route could have gone on for days more if 4LS really wanted to.
According to some legends, Hanako's route has 43 endings.