Which character did you get most attached to and why

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Khalego

Re: Which character did you get most attached to and why

Post by Khalego »

Dandruff411 wrote:she's the one who showed true love to the Hisao

She's the only one who made the choice of choosing him over another viable option.

The others, with the exception of Emi, are attached to "Hisao the savior"

You feel more that YOU make a difference in their live than they do a difference in yours.
So did the others.

So did the others.

No they aren't. Not one of them gravitates to him to be "saved". Not even one. For damn sure Hanako didn't. What game did you play? o.o

All of them made a difference in Hisao's life just as he made in theirs so that's a flimsy comparison.
Last edited by Khalego on Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Khalego's Fanfic Tips
How to dispose of an unwanted character: "As much as it pains me, Lilly will just have to be trampled to death at a blind-deaf pep rally."
Broomhead

Post by Broomhead »

First off, hello and welcome to the forums Dandruff! Always nice to see a new face around here.
Dandruff411 wrote:Lilly, she's the one who showed true love to the Hisao.
While I can understand this perspective in some of the arcs and definitely used to feel that about Shizune (I got over it recently, don't kill me.) I can't say this is true. Just because someone doesn't say "I love you" over and over again doesn't mean they don't love you. (Don't make me give the Han Solo rant.)
With no big personal problems, she's not broken. I've got "broken" girlfriends in real life and developed an aversion to these self-centered girls. It's not their fault, they have to deal with these problems before being able to really and fully love someone else. It's just really hard to be this supportive guy all the time...
Agreed. I haven't developed an aversion, but it's not easy. That said, she has her own inner workings, you may not be aware of them, however. Look at her different endings, if that's where her chronology split is then it's somewhat obvious she has deep issues about choosing between family and friends. Furthermore, she's reserved. Personal headcanon, she's as torn up as Akira about her parents, but she just doesn't show it. That screws someone up.
Second choice is Emi, she's the only one that will get Hisao healthy and live a long life. Also, she's a really pleasant girl to be with. Maybe too intellectually shallow for my personnal tastes, but still a really good choice, life will never get boring with Emi. Also, she's not really broken, she lives her grief with herself and loves Hisao because he respects her and sees her as an equal. She's quite grown up too and it's a good thing.
While I'd argue against Emi being grown up, I can see your point.
Others are too passive or self-centered for me...
Perhaps a better word would've been "emotional" or saying that "they have baggage." Self-centered implies selfishness and megalomania in English connotation.
Lilly = Rin > Hanako > Emi > Misha > Shizune

I'm back in action.
ARandomSloth

Post by ARandomSloth »

I'd have to say Lilly and Emi. Emi cause I was kind of saved from myself by an Emi type in high school and we've been extremely close since then. As for Lilly, she's just too willing to help others and has a perfect personality. I'd add Rin too, just finished her route and I think she's probably the one most similar to me.
Last edited by ARandomSloth on Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"The Earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena... Think of the endless cruelties visited by the inhabitants of one corner of this pixel on the scarcely distinguishable inhabitants of some other corner. How frequent their misunderstandings, how eager they are to kill one another, how fervent their hatreds."
alkante

Post by alkante »

for me i think it's Misha and Lilly
because Misha found her story to be real tragic i mean she has basically no hope for her love and that what touch me the most
and
Lilly because she confessed to him first and and showed somethings more than the other , and also because even while going out with Lilly he is making Hanako better
but i didn't do Rin for now so i might updated this post later
completion order Emi-Shizune-Hannako-Lilly-Rin
BMFJack

Post by BMFJack »

Lilly for sure. I mean not only is she stacked like an amazon princess, she's very reserved and polite which are two things that just drive me insane in a good way. I felt that of all of them, Lilly had adapted to her disability the most. I also liked how she would tease very subtly, sarcasm being a plus.

Emi is a second favorite, although not for anything particular like Lilly. I think I enjoyed her route because of the conflict. When she tells Hisao that they just wont get any closer and that's how it's got to be, my heart broke Her ending made up for it of course.

As for the others, no real emotional attachment was had.
Charmant

Post by Charmant »

BMFJack wrote:Lilly had adapted to her disability the most.
Lilly was born blind. She didn't need to adapt to it.

I find it disturbing that you had no connection to any of the others.
BMFJack

Post by BMFJack »

I never really liked Hanako much, I was extremely shy growing up and my best friend actually has severe social anxiety disorder so I have very little patience for people like her. People who are so skittish that it makes even just talking to them feel like work, so I never developed an attachment based on most of that (and a few other less important little things, like her endings being garbage IMO)

Shizune felt too domineering, and while that is not necessarily a bad thing I also felt like she and Hisao never really connected. Their story is the longest timeline-wise, lasting until graduation, but they just never seemed that close. Then add in the fact that she practically raped Hisao during their first time it just turned me off from her pretty badly.

Then, finally, with Rin it's probably more incidental than anything. The first time I played KS I got the Manly Picnic, and then the second time I got Rin. I wanted to do Lilly first though, so I saved at the beginning of Rin act 2 and did Lilly's route first (bad idea in hindsight) and in act 1 I really like Rin, she seems a little weird but also relatively coherent. I had gotten the impression that she was a very deep character that acted strange as a defense mechanism. So after I did Lilly and then Emi, I finally went back to Rin. And it turns out there's nothing below the surface with her, she just thinks differently than other people do. I'm not 100% sure on this, but I don't remember Rin ever saying "I love you" to Hisao which bothered me.

So Lilly and Emi were the only ones I felt really deeply about. I still enjoyed Rin, Shizune, and Hanako. It was just to a much lower degree than Lilly and Emi.
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

BMFJack wrote: Then add in the fact that she practically raped Hisao during their first time it just turned me off from her pretty badly.
It's not rape if you enjoyed it ;)
Then, finally, with Rin it's probably more incidental than anything. The first time I played KS I got the Manly Picnic, and then the second time I got Rin. I wanted to do Lilly first though, so I saved at the beginning of Rin act 2 and did Lilly's route first (bad idea in hindsight) and in act 1 I really like Rin, she seems a little weird but also relatively coherent. I had gotten the impression that she was a very deep character that acted strange as a defense mechanism. So after I did Lilly and then Emi, I finally went back to Rin. And it turns out there's nothing below the surface with her, she just thinks differently than other people do. I'm not 100% sure on this, but I don't remember Rin ever saying "I love you" to Hisao which bothered me.
I know how you feel. I thought Rin was going to be some big revelation; She's probably the second most favourite character of the five romancables and everyone was telling me to 'prepare myself for the feels' etc etc.

I was waiting for the big scene where she has some tear-filled confession that suddenly makes everything she said and did make sense... but it never came. She just rambled, overdosed on cough mixture, talked loads, threw a shit-fit at her art exhibit, rambled some more, and then remembered what a swarm of butterflies was called.

I feel like I should have connected. I often feel like my thoughts are dissociative and sometimes find it hard to say what I want to, but she was too far gone. Like, I'd befriend her, but I seriously cannot even consider her in any way, shape or form, in a romantic context.

(besides, no handjobs.)
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
Atario

Post by Atario »

BMFJack wrote:I never really liked Hanako much, I was extremely shy growing up and my best friend actually has severe social anxiety disorder so I have very little patience for people like her. People who are so skittish that it makes even just talking to them feel like work, so I never developed an attachment based on most of that
This seems very weird. You yourself are somewhat like her, your best friend is somewhat like her, and for those reasons, you can't connect?
her endings being garbage IMO
U wot m8?
raped
Ugh, not this again…
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
Oscar Wildecat

Post by Oscar Wildecat »

BMFJack wrote: I'm not 100% sure on this, but I don't remember Rin ever saying "I love you" to Hisao which bothered me.
You have to get Rin's good ending. She specifically says the words "I love You" in the scene "Proof of Existence".
I like all the girls in KS, but empathize with Hanako the most.
"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." - Mark Twain
“Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.” - Winston Churchill
Checkout SordidEuphemism's Logo Thread.
300BillionDegrees

Post by 300BillionDegrees »

Oscar Wildecat wrote:
BMFJack wrote: I'm not 100% sure on this, but I don't remember Rin ever saying "I love you" to Hisao which bothered me.
You have to get Rin's good ending. She specifically says the words "I love You" in the scene "Proof of Existence".
She manages to tell him how she feels with words, and he manages to tell her without words. :D
Eurobeatjester

Post by Eurobeatjester »

Hanako.

I dated someone like her in the past, made the exact same mistakes Hisao did, and the relationship went pretty much the exact same way her bad ending went.

Maybe it's the closest I'll ever get to making amends for it or going back to do things differently. It gave me a sense of closure after a decade...as stupid as that may sound.
Stuff I'm currently writing: Learning To Fly: A Saki Enomoto Pseudo Route
Two Turtledoves - A Lilly/Hisao Christmas Oneshot
Blank Mage wrote:
Eurobeatjester wrote:I doubt my ability to write convincing lesbian erotica
believe in yourself
300BillionDegrees

That's how I feel about Rin, kind of. It was much more drawn out and convoluted, and all the details were different of course, but basically I got Rin's so-called 'neutral' ending. I don't think I ever really got past that until I did Rin's route a couple months ago (doesn't seem like it's been that long at all.)

I said it somewhere else around here, but looking back, it feels like after that happened to me, I just kind of broke. Packed up all my emotions and memories and myself in a little box in my head and was just sort of a bystander while the rest of me just kind of stumbled along through life on autopilot. Then KS comes along and kicks over the box and everything comes spilling out and I feel like I've woken up and I have to try and find myself, figure out who I am and whatnot. This may take a while.
Eurobeatjester

Post by Eurobeatjester »

Amazing that this game has that effect on people, for better or for worse.
Stuff I'm currently writing: Learning To Fly: A Saki Enomoto Pseudo Route
Two Turtledoves - A Lilly/Hisao Christmas Oneshot
Blank Mage wrote:
Eurobeatjester wrote:I doubt my ability to write convincing lesbian erotica
believe in yourself
300BillionDegrees

Better, definitely. I feel like I'm alive again, even if a bit lost at the same time.