Which character did you get most attached to and why

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Atario

Re: Which character did you get most attached to and why

Post by Atario »

Xanatos wrote:Emi was among the weakest in the cast.
I think this is a slight mischaracterization. She was scared of it, but she wasn't too weak for it.
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
Fealow

Post by Fealow »

Theres a lot confrontation about those who like Haniko it would seem.

Well I like Hanako and her story, even the path almost made me physically sick with anxiety and mixed emotions. I'm attached to Hanako, I'm pretty sure of that. And she was the first path I Went down on my first play through. And do you know why?

Because I saw her picture on the character page of the KS website and immediately pointed a finger and said "YOU!" I then went on to read the little bio and was like "oh... Shy? Nice bonus". Hanako is my ideal looking girl when it comes to this kind of art, obviously burns not included in that ideal, but it was something I could get over fairly easily and did not distract from my original "YOU!" notion.

It wasn't until I actually dived into KS and started playing her path that I had realized what I'd got myself in to. "hi, my names hisao, I just transferred" *runs away*... Well this is going to be fun. Apparently, attempting to treat her as an equal and not point out that she is overly shy or draw attention to the fact you startled her is the wrong answer. I did not expect Hisao to continue blabbering on. I actually thought that apologizing would make Hisao open his mouth more as it's kind of like "I apologized, so everything is fine, I'll now continue to throw my verbals at you" Long story short I was apparently wrong to attempt treating her as an equal at that point in the story >.> To be honest I knew she was extremely shy and such from the bio after reading it, so I guess it was more a case of testing the water to see what I was up against with that choice in the library, at least I ended up somewhat prepared...

Anyway, after heading down her path I rode with it and here I am... I think a part of Hanako will always be somewhere in my heart, perhaps it's love or maybe I'm just a bit traumatized by the whole experience.

But then there is Emi... Emi, Emi, Emi ^^ The second I saw that "I'm going to fuck your brains out" face in the first sex scene I knew she was that type of adventurous girl I've always been looking for (adventurous outside the bedroom as well just to clarify!) She is so much fun, the mischievous looks and the puppy dog eyes...Damn you Emi!

I was a bit apprehensive about her at first to be honest, my initial thoughts when I saw her for the first time were "Well you're clearly not the elephant loli in the room." But as I worked my way through act 1 and into act 2 I said to myself "Actually... I quite like you". The combination of Highs, lows and laughter (the latter being something that Hanako's story lacked) in Emi's story may have put her on a slightly higher pedestal than Hanako... Not too mention those perfect little breasts XD
Now the anal scene... Well, As funny as it was I actually started becoming a little concerned for Emi about halfway through before I saw her face during the climax, that was just pure gold! Personally though I wouldn't go down that dirt track road, maybe.

I stand by the words of Hisao himself "GOD BLESS YOU EMI!" (bonus points to whoever mentions the correct scene for that quote without checking, I still wish that little event had it's own illustration... :/)
Last edited by Fealow on Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Couldn't have said it better myself.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
dewelar

Post by dewelar »

pandaphil wrote:Couldn't have said it better myself.
Indeed :) . I hope I'm not overdosing on positive energy, because I'm sitting here reading about Emi and listening to Jess Penner...
Rin is orthogonal to everything.
Stuff I've written: Developments, a continuation of Lilly's (bad? neutral?) ending - COMPLETE!
Fealow

Post by Fealow »

I'm glad you both approve ^^

You've got me thinking about Emi now haha! May have to go and investigate her non good endings as I've yet to get them.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Fealow wrote:I'm glad you both approve ^^

You've got me thinking about Emi now haha! May have to go and investigate her non good endings as I've yet to get them.
Well, what are you doing wasting time on the forum then? :P

Go out there and get the endings. All the endings.
Not Dead Yet
Fealow

Post by Fealow »

Well as you may be able to tell from my post count, I've only recently started playing the game and only now just had the chance to vent (albeit a fraction of what I could be dishing out) after playing through Hanako's, Emi's and Lilly's story within the last 4 days. I'm still feeling quite a bit emotionally drained after exposing my head and heart to this VN. No regrets though :)
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Fealow wrote:Well as you may be able to tell from my post count, I've only recently started playing the game and only now just had the chance to vent (albeit a fraction of what I could be dishing out) after playing through Hanako's, Emi's and Lilly's story within the last 4 days. I'm still feeling quite a bit emotionally drained after exposing my head and heart to this VN. No regrets though :)
No worries man, we've all been there. Its the same sort of giddy feeling you get when you fall in love, except multiplied several times. Please, vent away. We need the post count. :)
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Fealow

Post by Fealow »

Everything I felt while playing Hanako's route, felt all too familiar. Not that I've been in a relationship with a pretty burn victim who has extreme anxiety issues, but rather every negative feeling I felt was in no way new and all too familiar for me :/ However the little snippets of happiness gained through out Hanako's story where new and very nice to feel, it was a different kind of happiness, happy that I could appreciate the small things she gave, like that smile.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

So have you gotten around to reading "Sisterhood" yet? Its required if you plan to be a Hanako fan. :)
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

pandaphil wrote:So have you gotten around to reading "Sisterhood" yet? Its required if you plan to be a Hanako fan. :)
No it isn't. :P
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Xanatos wrote:
Yes it is. :P
MegaMoto

Post by MegaMoto »

pandaphil wrote:
Xanatos wrote:
Yes it is. :P
Gonna agree with Panda that it's required if the fan likes fanfiction at all. Sisterhood was really good.
Lianam

Post by Lianam »

Fealow wrote:Apparently, attempting to treat her as an equal and not point out that she is overly shy or draw attention to the fact you startled her is the wrong answer. I did not expect Hisao to continue blabbering on. I actually thought that apologizing would make Hisao open his mouth more as it's kind of like "I apologized, so everything is fine, I'll now continue to throw my verbals at you" Long story short I was apparently wrong to attempt treating her as an equal at that point in the story >.>
There's a difference between treating someone like an equal and verbally overwhelming them- the latter is what occurs when you choose the "Hi, my name's Hisao...". If you choose "Sorry I startled you" I think it's safe to say you still treat her like an equal, except not overwhelming so (she still ends up running away though...).
(Btw, is the neutral face new, or did I just never see it?)
Ce ne sont pas une signature.
Oborawatabinost

Post by Oborawatabinost »

Easy. Hanako. Because...

I don't have any burns, and I'm not extremely shy (even though I have no clue how to talk to people most of the time), but I have pretty much the exact same feelings as her, like the stuff she said in her good ending, that I just recently caught onto. I've always thought of myself as a useless person, with no place in anyone's lives, ready to be thrown away or abandoned once someone felt like doing. What makes it worse, is that I was recently tricked into thinking I was anything different from that. I felt secure, I felt like I mattered. Then that was suddenly ripped away from me. And that's made everything worse for me (imagine Hanako's bad ending, something similar to that) So I've just been sitting here, numb, feeling like a worthless waste of space, and the person who would understand most is fictional. I spend about 5 days a week sitting in the library reading, hoping a Hisao would come and pull me out of this...
Oborawatabinost: Soccer player extraordinaire. Or "football all-star" depending on where you're located.

Hanako > Lilly > Emi > Rin > Jigoro > Shizune