Which character did you get most attached to and why

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters
User avatar
simmr001
Posts: 341
Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:07 am

Re: Which character did you get most attached to and why

Post by simmr001 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:25 pm

pandaphil wrote:
simmr001 wrote:
Crocidolite wrote:Hanako, undoubtedly. I just got attached to her because I felt bad for her, then as the story progressed, got stuck to her.


I <3 Hanako!
Your love of her is a little too subtle buddy :lol:
Nah, I think Hisao&Hanako<3 probably has him beat. :)
His isn't so subtly and eloquently spoken as this guy's complex post and extensive signature. :P

User avatar
Semater
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:06 pm

Re: Which character did you get most attached to and why

Post by Semater » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:12 pm

The character I found myself most attached to is Lilly. She is very sweet and thoughtful of others. She rarely loses her cool (except for the feud with Shizune), and she has great foresight into things. And of course there's the obvious fact that she is incredibly beautiful.

User avatar
Sea
Posts: 778
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:07 am
Location: Toronto

Re: Which character did you get most attached to and why

Post by Sea » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:46 pm

Semater wrote:She rarely loses her cool (except for the feud with Shizune)
She's only mad she didn't get a panty shot too.
Come join the Yamaku Book Club! Where stuff happens and we discuss cripple porn
I come from the outside, do you know it?

User avatar
Xaredian
Posts: 274
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:38 pm
Location: Elysium, Crytar, Terranova, somewhere in the universe
Contact:

Re: Which character did you get most attached to and why

Post by Xaredian » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:50 am

Semater wrote:The character I found myself most attached to is Lilly. She is very sweet and thoughtful of others. She rarely loses her cool (except for the feud with Shizune), and she has great foresight into things. And of course there's the obvious fact that she is incredibly beautiful.
What about the part where she trips and says "Damnit"? That bit got me off guard.
Also, I don't know if anyone's said this to you or not, but. Welcome to the forums.

User avatar
Xanatos
Posts: 5365
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:40 pm

Re: Which character did you get most attached to and why

Post by Xanatos » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:42 am

Xaredian wrote:
Semater wrote:The character I found myself most attached to is Lilly. She is very sweet and thoughtful of others. She rarely loses her cool (except for the feud with Shizune), and she has great foresight into things. And of course there's the obvious fact that she is incredibly beautiful.
What about the part where she trips and says "Damnit"? That bit got me off guard.
Also, I don't know if anyone's said this to you or not, but. Welcome to the forums.
"Rarely" is in that sentence for a reason. :P
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."

User avatar
Xaredian
Posts: 274
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:38 pm
Location: Elysium, Crytar, Terranova, somewhere in the universe
Contact:

Re: Which character did you get most attached to and why

Post by Xaredian » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:02 am

Xanatos wrote:
Xaredian wrote:
Semater wrote:The character I found myself most attached to is Lilly. She is very sweet and thoughtful of others. She rarely loses her cool (except for the feud with Shizune), and she has great foresight into things. And of course there's the obvious fact that she is incredibly beautiful.
What about the part where she trips and says "Damnit"? That bit got me off guard.
Also, I don't know if anyone's said this to you or not, but. Welcome to the forums.
"Rarely" is in that sentence for a reason. :P
Damn that word, and all words like it.

User avatar
cannedcream
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:00 pm

Re: Which character did you get most attached to and why

Post by cannedcream » Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:57 am

Xaredian wrote: Damn that word, and all words like it.
'Occasionally', 'infrequently', 'once in awhile'; @#^$ 'em all!
Last edited by cannedcream on Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Xaredian
Posts: 274
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:38 pm
Location: Elysium, Crytar, Terranova, somewhere in the universe
Contact:

Re: Which character did you get most attached to and why

Post by Xaredian » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:27 pm

cannedcream wrote:
Xaredian wrote:
Xanatos wrote: "Rarely" is in that sentence for a reason. :P
Damn that word, and all words like it.
'Occasionally', 'infrequently', 'once in awhile'; @#^$ 'em all!
What's with all these people and failing at quoting?

User avatar
Ascension
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:58 am
Location: Under A Rock

Re: Which character did you get most attached to and why

Post by Ascension » Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:07 am

I was attached most to Hanako overall, mainly due to the fact that I'm more drawn towards people who stand out personality-wise, and I gotta say that Hanako's personality would stand out pretty strong anywhere.

Yes, I am one of the many.
My darkest day becomes my finest hour;
This infinite shadow possesses no power

Xillandon
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:11 pm

Re: Which character did you get most attached to and why

Post by Xillandon » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:25 am

For me it's Emi. Not only do we both have the same proclivity for exercise bordering on obsession, once I got through her entire route it really touched me. The idea of a girl as strong and independent as her leaning on someone else's shoulder was incredibly heartwarming for me.

User avatar
Lianam
Posts: 207
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:18 pm
Location: Massachusetts

Re: Which character did you get most attached to and why

Post by Lianam » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:46 pm

Ascension wrote:I was attached most to Hanako overall, mainly due to the fact that I'm more drawn towards people who stand out personality-wise,
Sounds more like Rin would be your favorite.
Ce ne sont pas une signature.

User avatar
Xanatos
Posts: 5365
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:40 pm

Re: Which character did you get most attached to and why

Post by Xanatos » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:25 pm

Xillandon wrote:For me it's Emi. Not only do we both have the same proclivity for exercise bordering on obsession, once I got through her entire route it really touched me. The idea of a girl as strong and independent as her leaning on someone else's shoulder was incredibly heartwarming for me.
...I'm sorry, strong?

Being frightened away from any semblance of legitimate closeness with anyone ever is a sign of strength?

Forcibly becoming an island unto herself due to being too weak to handle the risks of reality is a sign of strength?

Emi was among the weakest in the cast. It was only in the act of actually leaning on someone that she realized how to really be strong.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."

Xillandon
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:11 pm

Re: Which character did you get most attached to and why

Post by Xillandon » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:59 pm

Xanatos wrote:
Xillandon wrote:For me it's Emi. Not only do we both have the same proclivity for exercise bordering on obsession, once I got through her entire route it really touched me. The idea of a girl as strong and independent as her leaning on someone else's shoulder was incredibly heartwarming for me.
...I'm sorry, strong?

Being frightened away from any semblance of legitimate closeness with anyone ever is a sign of strength?

Forcibly becoming an island unto herself due to being too weak to handle the risks of reality is a sign of strength?

Emi was among the weakest in the cast. It was only in the act of actually leaning on someone that she realized how to really be strong.
I suppose I can see it that way, but at the same time, yeah you're right she's weak emotionally but her drive is what makes that part of her strong. So I guess I should have specified better. Really though unless you're talking about exclusively emotionally each of them have their own very clear strengths and weaknesses. And in the real world, unless you're as close to someone as Hisao is with the girls in each of their routes, you don't tend to see anyone's emotional weaknesses the majority of the time.

User avatar
Xanatos
Posts: 5365
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:40 pm

Re: Which character did you get most attached to and why

Post by Xanatos » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:10 pm

Xillandon wrote:I suppose I can see it that way, but at the same time, yeah you're right she's weak emotionally but her drive is what makes that part of her strong. So I guess I should have specified better. Really though unless you're talking about exclusively emotionally each of them have their own very clear strengths and weaknesses. And in the real world, unless you're as close to someone as Hisao is with the girls in each of their routes, you don't tend to see anyone's emotional weaknesses the majority of the time.
Seeing them or not is irrelevant. They're still there. And even her drive is partially a product of her weakness, her fear, her constant need to move and avoid attachment. Only partially, but still.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."

Xillandon
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:11 pm

Re: Which character did you get most attached to and why

Post by Xillandon » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:46 pm

Xanatos wrote:
Xillandon wrote:I suppose I can see it that way, but at the same time, yeah you're right she's weak emotionally but her drive is what makes that part of her strong. So I guess I should have specified better. Really though unless you're talking about exclusively emotionally each of them have their own very clear strengths and weaknesses. And in the real world, unless you're as close to someone as Hisao is with the girls in each of their routes, you don't tend to see anyone's emotional weaknesses the majority of the time.
Seeing them or not is irrelevant. They're still there. And even her drive is partially a product of her weakness, her fear, her constant need to move and avoid attachment. Only partially, but still.
True, but you can't really call drive, or any positive thing a weakness by itself, regardless of where it came from. Like if I were to be addicted to study drugs to get good grades in school, yes it would be a bad thing that I was addicted but it'd still be good that I was getting good grades. I suppose it's a balance. I get your point though. Cheers! ^.^

Post Reply