Which character did you get most attached to and why

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters
User avatar
Sea
Posts: 778
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:07 am
Location: Toronto

Re: Which character did you get most attached to and why

Post by Sea » Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:18 pm

Kozaky wrote:
Firewind wrote:
Kozaky wrote:I'm not as.. far out as Rin but I sometimes tend to do many of the things she does and from the people I've know who have played Katawa Shoujo before, have told me that too and because of this I found her to be more appealing and interesting than the other girls.
So.....where's your wall of text?
Too busy doing other things.
Pffff, other things. :lol:
KS is your everything now :twisted:
Come join the Yamaku Book Club! Where stuff happens and we discuss cripple porn
I come from the outside, do you know it?

User avatar
rockin robin
Posts: 203
Joined: Sat May 18, 2013 7:26 pm

Re: Which character did you get most attached to and why

Post by rockin robin » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:23 am

Sea wrote:
Kozaky wrote:
Firewind wrote:]I'm not as.. far out as Rin but I sometimes tend to do many of the things she does and from the people I've know who have played Katawa Shoujo before, have told me that too and because of this I found her to be more appealing and interesting than the other girls

So.....where's your wall of text?
Too busy doing other things.
Pffff, other things. :lol:
KS is your everything now :twisted:
like all your dreams of naked women being replaced with leaf kenji

Or was that just me :P
I kenji's worst nightmare! A FEMINIST!!
have a tracheo-osoephagul puncture.
three years with simmr001 10/06/13

User avatar
Shail
Posts: 182
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:14 am
Location: World Three

Re: Which character did you get most attached to and why

Post by Shail » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:31 am

Kenji is the manliest character, but does nobody find it odd that Hisao literally meets like.. 3 guys ..? maybe more depending on which route you take(Kenji/Mutou/Nurse/Nomiya/Jigoro/Hideaki are the only ones I've seen, need to do Emi/Lilly still)
~I hate endings~ Fan fiction is the only way to keep KS alive!
~The only good ending is a sequel~
~Want to know why I REALLY fucking hate endings? Mirai Nikki Want to know why I love epilogues? Watch the Mirai Nikki OVA
~Mirai Nikki: A perfect example of endings I hate~
Hanako -> Rin -> Shizune -> ? -> ?

User avatar
Xaredian
Posts: 274
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:38 pm
Location: Elysium, Crytar, Terranova, somewhere in the universe
Contact:

Re: Which character did you get most attached to and why

Post by Xaredian » Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:30 pm

Are my eyes lying to me...
Do I see a double post?

User avatar
Atario
Posts: 1358
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:06 am
Location: San Francisco Bay Area

Re: Which character did you get most attached to and why

Post by Atario » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:24 pm

Xaredian wrote:Are my eyes lying to me...
Do I see a double post?
That's his disability.
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote

User avatar
Sea
Posts: 778
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:07 am
Location: Toronto

Re: Which character did you get most attached to and why

Post by Sea » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:34 pm

Atario wrote:
Xaredian wrote:Are my eyes lying to me...
Do I see a double post?
That's his disability.
Getting cooked? Cause this is the second one I've seen of Shail.
Come join the Yamaku Book Club! Where stuff happens and we discuss cripple porn
I come from the outside, do you know it?

User avatar
Crocidolite
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:50 pm
Location: In The Library With Hanako

Re: Which character did you get most attached to and why

Post by Crocidolite » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:44 pm

Hanako, undoubtedly. I just got attached to her because I felt bad for her, then as the story progressed, got stuck to her.


I <3 Hanako!
Image

I, Love, Hanako! <3 <3

User avatar
simmr001
Posts: 341
Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:07 am

Re: Which character did you get most attached to and why

Post by simmr001 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:55 am

Crocidolite wrote:Hanako, undoubtedly. I just got attached to her because I felt bad for her, then as the story progressed, got stuck to her.


I <3 Hanako!
Your love of her is a little too subtle buddy :lol:

HotBorscht
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:54 pm

Re: Which character did you get most attached to and why

Post by HotBorscht » Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:07 pm

I became most attached to Rin. I not only felt distraught when Rin would seem to show a bit of emotion for Hisao but then pull back, but I also spent the whole time wanting to find out how the heck her head worked. In the good ending, when they had their little rendezvous and afterwards very nearly sent me bawling. Rin began to piss me off a little as did Hisao, when he would try to understand her but is incapable of doing so.

She seemed so fragile to me throughout the whole time i played her arc, but at the same time, the strongest person out of all of the girls.

User avatar
pandaphil
Posts: 2149
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:54 am
Location: Seattle, WA
Contact:

Re: Which character did you get most attached to and why

Post by pandaphil » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:49 pm

simmr001 wrote:
Crocidolite wrote:Hanako, undoubtedly. I just got attached to her because I felt bad for her, then as the story progressed, got stuck to her.


I <3 Hanako!
Your love of her is a little too subtle buddy :lol:
Nah, I think Hisao&Hanako<3 probably has him beat. :)
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.

User avatar
cannedcream
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:00 pm

Re: Which character did you get most attached to and why

Post by cannedcream » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:06 pm

Hmm. Thinking about it, I don't really 'relate' to any one character. There are characters I like, like Hanako and Shizune, but their personalities go far beyond anything I have or feel.

So I guess the characters I do like, I like because I feel like my own personality could complement theirs, and vise versa.

User avatar
Xaredian
Posts: 274
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:38 pm
Location: Elysium, Crytar, Terranova, somewhere in the universe
Contact:

Re: Which character did you get most attached to and why

Post by Xaredian » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:33 pm

cannedcream wrote:Hmm. Thinking about it, I don't really 'relate' to any one character. There are characters I like, like Hanako and Shizune, but their personalities go far beyond anything I have or feel.

So I guess the characters I do like, I like because I feel like my own personality could complement theirs, and vise versa.
So, a personality like yours, isn't present in the VN?

User avatar
cannedcream
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:00 pm

Re: Which character did you get most attached to and why

Post by cannedcream » Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:44 pm

Xaredian wrote:
cannedcream wrote:Hmm. Thinking about it, I don't really 'relate' to any one character. There are characters I like, like Hanako and Shizune, but their personalities go far beyond anything I have or feel.

So I guess the characters I do like, I like because I feel like my own personality could complement theirs, and vise versa.
So, a personality like yours, isn't present in the VN?
There is, but I either only see it in pieces from multiple characters, or it's taken to an extreme that I can sympathize, but not entirely identify.

User avatar
Xaredian
Posts: 274
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:38 pm
Location: Elysium, Crytar, Terranova, somewhere in the universe
Contact:

Re: Which character did you get most attached to and why

Post by Xaredian » Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:41 am

cannedcream wrote:
Xaredian wrote:
cannedcream wrote:Hmm. Thinking about it, I don't really 'relate' to any one character. There are characters I like, like Hanako and Shizune, but their personalities go far beyond anything I have or feel.

So I guess the characters I do like, I like because I feel like my own personality could complement theirs, and vise versa.
So, a personality like yours, isn't present in the VN?
There is, but I either only see it in pieces from multiple characters, or it's taken to an extreme that I can sympathize, but not entirely identify.
So, not as whole? Hmmm, interesting.

User avatar
cannedcream
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:00 pm

Re: Which character did you get most attached to and why

Post by cannedcream » Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:15 am

Xaredian wrote: So, not as whole? Hmmm, interesting.
Yeah, not as a whole.

Like, for example, I greatly identify with Hanako's immediate distrust of other people and her discomfort in social situations. I'm very much the same. I've never liked large crowds or big parties, and I more often find my entertainment alone, or with a very small group of course friends. The difference being that I CAN be in social situations. I may not be happy, but I, luckily, do not suffer from panic attacks because of it.

So seeing Hanako, I saw a bit of myself her in character, only it was taken to a far extreme that I am thankful that I do not suffer. Still, it's more than enough for me to sort of understand her as a character as well as sympathize with her.

Post Reply