Which character did you get most attached to and why

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Sedinus

Re: Which character did you get most attached to and why

Post by Sedinus »

Rin is essentially my female counterpart... In terms of personality, that is. I can't draw/paint worth shit. Everything I imagine in my head comes out horribly disfigured on paper. Some say I have my own unique style, but I'm sure they're just being nice to me. I've been more successful at plasticine sculpting, it's way easier to create something three-dimensional.

Too bad that "professional" modelling clay is rather expensive. By rather expensive I mean - buy ten small boxes, monthly salary is gone.
wazuzu

Post by wazuzu »

Sedinus wrote:Too bad that "professional" modelling clay is rather expensive. By rather expensive I mean - buy ten small boxes, monthly salary is gone.
Well, try microsculpting in that case. Or use some other material. If I'd do some crafting, it would definitely be either wood carving or stone carving. Yeah, you can't undo your errors, like with clay, but it's also more exciting to make sculpture in one go.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Sedinus wrote:Rin is essentially my female counterpart... In terms of personality, that is. I can't draw/paint worth shit. Everything I imagine in my head comes out horribly disfigured on paper. Some say I have my own unique style, but I'm sure they're just being nice to me. I've been more successful at plasticine sculpting, it's way easier to create something three-dimensional.

Too bad that "professional" modelling clay is rather expensive. By rather expensive I mean - buy ten small boxes, monthly salary is gone.

Yeah, I go with Skulpey for my projects. Its not ridiculously expensive, say $10 a box, which is enough for most of my projects. Epoxy putty is a good option when you have small, easily breakable bits like limbs or horns, or teeth. :)
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Sedinus

Post by Sedinus »

Microsculpting is impossible for me, because my hands are rather huge. I'm more likely to flatten the model I'm working on than finish it :lol: I'd rather go for a full-scale model.

If only I had the time. And money.
wazuzu

Post by wazuzu »

Well, my hands are rather big too, but you can use tools... wait, to use tools you need to buy them, and you don't feel like buying even clay. Whatever.
Also, thinking about huge hands I remembered a photo of some Ukrainian giant. I googled a bit, and here it is.
Talking aboot huge hands, eh?
Another photo
Sedinus

Post by Sedinus »

I've never said I don't feel like buying clay at all, I don't feel like buying clay rhat will leave me starving. I have over 50 boxes of cheap, low-end clay stashed in my drawers.

Come to think of it, I could make Rin in a day or two...

Brb.

edit: huh, it turns out that your average hand is a little less than 19 cm long and 8.4 cm wide. Mine are 20.2 by 9.7, so not exactly big. Funny, I always thought that they were enormous... Either that, or I've only been around chibi-handed people.
Last edited by Sedinus on Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wazuzu

Post by wazuzu »

Well, I didn't meant "at all", I just noticed a flaw in my train of thought, and felt like I gonna post it anyway.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Atario wrote:
Draganada wrote:I thought it might be possible that her route is something of an ego-booster, due to the idea that Hisao/The Player are able to look past Hanako's scars and whatnot whereas others aren't.
The same could be argued, to some degree, about each girl in the game. But at some point the difference between treating them respectfully for the sake of it and treating them respectfully for the sake of one's own ego is moot; one could just as easily say no one ever does anything good because he good, but only to make himself feel superior. I say: that way lies madness.
Good is always done for selfish reasons in the end. Best not to think much about it.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
simmr001

Post by simmr001 »

Xanatos wrote:
Atario wrote:
Draganada wrote:I thought it might be possible that her route is something of an ego-booster, due to the idea that Hisao/The Player are able to look past Hanako's scars and whatnot whereas others aren't.
The same could be argued, to some degree, about each girl in the game. But at some point the difference between treating them respectfully for the sake of it and treating them respectfully for the sake of one's own ego is moot; one could just as easily say no one ever does anything good because he good, but only to make himself feel superior. I say: that way lies madness.
Good is always done for selfish reasons in the end. Best not to think much about it.
Difference between narcissism, and psychopathy. Psychopathy is always in their best interest never about the benefits. Narcissistic is for their own ego, they can still be capable of kindness for the sake of kindness. (Auto correct tried to replace kindness with sex :P .)
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

simmr001 wrote:Difference between narcissism, and psychopathy. Psychopathy is always in their best interest never about the benefits. Narcissistic is for their own ego, they can still be capable of kindness for the sake of kindness. (Auto correct tried to replace kindness with sex :P .)
Nobody is kind for its own sake. They are kind because being so makes them feel good. All goodness is done because doing good pleases the individual. If they gained no personal fulfillment in goodness, they would have no incentive to do it. Everything a person does is ultimately selfish.

Auto-correct on my iphone once turned "should" into "Al Quaeda". Ever since, I thank my terrorist overlords daily for Angry Birds. :P
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
simmr001

Post by simmr001 »

Xanatos wrote:
simmr001 wrote:Difference between narcissism, and psychopathy. Psychopathy is always in their best interest never about the benefits. Narcissistic is for their own ego, they can still be capable of kindness for the sake of kindness. (Auto correct tried to replace kindness with sex :P .)
Nobody is kind for its own sake. They are kind because being so makes them feel good. All goodness is done because doing good pleases the individual. If they gained no personal fulfillment in goodness, they would have no incentive to do it. Everything a person does is ultimately selfish.

Auto-correct on my iphone once turned "should" into "Al Quaeda". Ever since, I thank my terrorist overlords daily for Angry Birds. :P
You are quite the pessimist you know that. (Economist)
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

simmr001 wrote:
Xanatos wrote:

Pessimism would imply that I view the world as a series of undesirable elements. It is hardly pessimistic to take note of how humans operate. :P
simmr001

Post by simmr001 »

Xanatos wrote:
simmr001 wrote:
Xanatos wrote:]Difference between narcissism, and psychopathy. Psychopathy is always in their best interest never about the benefits. Narcissistic is for their own ego, they can still be capable of kindness for the sake of kindness. (Auto correct tried to replace kindness with sex :P .)

Pessimism would imply that I view the world as a series of undesirable elements. It is hardly pessimistic to take note of how humans operate. :P[/quote]

Hmm. I'm a self confessed idealist.
Atario

Post by Atario »

Xanatos wrote:Nobody is kind for its own sake. They are kind because being so makes them feel good. All goodness is done because doing good pleases the individual. If they gained no personal fulfillment in goodness, they would have no incentive to do it. Everything a person does is ultimately selfish.
I dispute that. If you were truly selfish, you'd do whatever gave you the greatest gain. Preferring a good feeling by helping someone over, say, getting a bunch of money would not make sense. But people do it. The only counterargument I see to that is to say that that kind of person just values the feeling over the money, but then if you value a good feeling from helping someone over the money, doesn't it all come out to the same thing in the end as doing good for the sake of it?

I guess what I'm saying is, if it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, there's no sense in saying no, it's just a collection of cells arranged in a particular order to seem like a duck.
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
wazuzu

Post by wazuzu »

Xanatos wrote:Nobody is kind for its own sake. They are kind because being so makes them feel good. All goodness is done because doing good pleases the individual. If they gained no personal fulfillment in goodness, they would have no incentive to do it. Everything a person does is ultimately selfish.
I second that. Even motherly love is truly egoistic. I am walking on a thin ice here, but to think of it, it's true.
Atario wrote:I dispute that. If you were truly selfish, you'd do whatever gave you the greatest gain. Preferring a good feeling by helping someone over, say, getting a bunch of money would not make sense. But people do it. The only counterargument I see to that is to say that that kind of person just values the feeling over the money, but then if you value a good feeling from helping someone over the money, doesn't it all come out to the same thing in the end as doing good for the sake of it?
Hey, being kind to people is the greatest gain. If you helped someone - you gave yourself a hero feels - that's a very big gain by itself, and you may receive some kind of favor as a result of your kindness (unless you know that the person is real asshole, in which case you will probably receive nothing, but your ego will inflate much bigger from helping the person who won't willingly thank you), which is uncomparable to material wealth. Look Maslow's pyramid, if a person gets material wealth, he starts to desire for other people's acknowledgement. And fulfilling this desire (what you do by doing "good" ["good" is subjective] deeds) is egoistic.