Which character did you get most attached to and why

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Scyl

Re: Which character did you get most attached to and why

Post by Scyl »

Xanatos wrote:Sounds like you're a carbon copy of me. :lol: Welcome and hello. :mrgreen:
I guess a lot of people who would be so attached to ks would be people like us, those who lived a "wonderful" life wouldn't care as much.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Scyl wrote:
Xanatos wrote:Sounds like you're a carbon copy of me. :lol: Welcome and hello. :mrgreen:
I guess a lot of people who would be so attached to ks would be people like us, those who lived a "wonderful" life wouldn't care as much.

That makes three of us I suppose. Welcome to the board Scyl. You have friends here now.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

pandaphil wrote:
Scyl wrote:

That makes three of us I suppose. Welcome to the board Scyl. You have friends here now.
Just like people who get deeply into anything. Its because they feel there's something missing from their lives that they hope the object of their affection can fill.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Scyl wrote:
Suddenly want to write a fanfic where the KS girls swoop in as angels and show forum members what it'd be like if they never existed...

I've never even seen It's A Wonderful Life...But being what it is, I've seen endless variations in TV episodes and cartoons. :lol:

Anyway, we're all (mostly) friends here. I suspect panda hates me but there ya go. XD If ya ever need to talk, I'm an insomniac and a recluse so I'm usually pretty free to listen. :lol:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Scyl

Post by Scyl »

Xanatos wrote: Suddenly want to write a fanfic where the KS girls swoop in as angels and show forum members what it'd be like if they never existed...

I've never even seen It's A Wonderful Life...But being what it is, I've seen endless variations in TV episodes and cartoons. :lol:

Anyway, we're all (mostly) friends here. I suspect panda hates me but there ya go. XD If ya ever need to talk, I'm an insomniac and a recluse so I'm usually pretty free to listen. :lol:
Thanks, I am handling it , it isn't too bad at the moment.
putteno1

Post by putteno1 »

pandaphil wrote:Welcome to the board Putteno1!
Velitation wrote:Hey putteno1, welcome to the forum.
This must be the warmes greeting i've ever had on a forum! Thanks guys! :D
Velitation wrote:I'd say you have an interesting viewpoint. It it's similar to my own in fact. I relate to the disconnect with Rin the most, but that reflected me more when I was younger
it feels nice to know there's someone like-minded out there, because there aren't too many like me in my hometown >_>
and as it come to younger perspectives, well i have yet to celebrate my 18th birthday :P
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Xanatos wrote:

Nah, you've been pretty cool lately. Not as snarky as you used to be.
MegaMoto

Post by MegaMoto »

pandaphil wrote:
Xanatos wrote:

Nah, you've been pretty cool lately. Not as snarky as you used to be.
Everyone's friends. Everything's fun.
Crawford

Post by Crawford »

Yup same as many of those before.

Hanako - Personality similarities.
I HATE social encounters, I'm terrible at them and when possible avoid them. I have no friends I trust enough to confide in anymore.
Zatchara

Post by Zatchara »

Rin. I won't lie, I got as annoyed as Haseo throughout her path, but that's how it was supposed to be, right? I ask that, because I've known someone similar to Rin in that her mind worked in ways I could never understand. I always felt like everything I said was purposefully being ignored or maybe just misunderstood. Which, as you can imagine led to frustration. I wasn't attracted to her, but I could just never have a conversation the same way as was done with my other friends.

So, throughout Rin's path I let my emotions get the better of me, wanting to rip my hair out when she tried to make references that fell flat instead of tackling questions or statements head on. And admittedly, considering how brilliant the writing was for Rin's path (I have yet to complete any one else's path because my PSU hates me and I need a new fan and personal problems) I felt a wealth of it went over my head. So, I'm probably going to look stupid explaining why I loved Rin's path, but here goes.

At several points (after the sex scenes, no less) I was still curious as to whether or not you and Rin were officially dating, or better yet whether or not she fully understood you as a significant other. I want to say she does, considering how happy she was at the end, but then I thought...maybe she's just happy that someone finally understood that she just does what she does for the sake of it. In this case, painting. I've gotten that kind of pressure before, to pursue drawing as a career, but nobody ever shut up about it, so I just stopped.

I didn't want to see that happen to Rin, because...as vaguely as I understood her, I knew well enough that she enjoyed painting, but did it to express herself. It was just fun for her. And I have to wonder how much her demeanor changed after the best ending was obtained, I want to imagine she'd actually smile more frequently whenever you appeared, as opposed to the typical emotionless expressions peppered throughout the majority of the game. I dunno, maybe I'm reading too much into it, but that's what I came away with.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Zatchara wrote:At several points (after the sex scenes, no less) I was still curious as to whether or not you and Rin were officially dating, or better yet whether or not she fully understood you as a significant other. I want to say she does, considering how happy she was at the end, but then I thought...maybe she's just happy that someone finally understood that she just does what she does for the sake of it. In this case, painting. I've gotten that kind of pressure before, to pursue drawing as a career, but nobody ever shut up about it, so I just stopped.

I didn't want to see that happen to Rin, because...as vaguely as I understood her, I knew well enough that she enjoyed painting, but did it to express herself. It was just fun for her. And I have to wonder how much her demeanor changed after the best ending was obtained, I want to imagine she'd actually smile more frequently whenever you appeared, as opposed to the typical emotionless expressions peppered throughout the majority of the game. I dunno, maybe I'm reading too much into it, but that's what I came away with.

I think she understood Hisao as a significant other in her own terms. She feels no need to qualify what they're doing as "dating" because ultimately, you're just sort of hanging out. His significance is less romantic and more just in that she can chill out with him where she couldn't with most (because she's "weird" and people hate that). And she actually does smile quite a bit in the route but it's not a big change from the blank face. :lol:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Firewind

Post by Firewind »

Can't choose between Hanako and Lilly, damn it. I love Hanako's personality, she's so adorable and sensitive. But on the other hand Lilly is so calm and angelic (not to mention that sex drive)...I can't!
Everyone hides who they are at least some of their time. Sometimes you bury that part of yourself so deeply that you have to be reminded it's there at all. And sometimes you just want to forget who you are all together.
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Firewind wrote:(not to mention that sex drive)
If that's the case what about Emi? :lol:
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Atario

Post by Atario »

metalangel wrote:Consider most of the people playing this game. Here's a timid, submissive, shy girl rejected by almost everyone she knows. Just like them! But she's also their dream of a hot Japanese/anime babe, plus she's DAMAGED, see, so they can gallop in on their charger and claim to understand her and she'll be so happy to have someone finally open up to her that they'll totally make out on the spot.

Then there's Lilly, who conforms to the Western ideal of beauty: blonde hair, blue eyes, large breasts. Plus she drinks! (such a mystique for pubescents) and she actively wants to have sex! (wow, I didn't realize girls enjoyed or wanted sex) and she's half Scottish/half Japanese (so Britain and Japan, two cultures that are completely misunderstood and held in almost unassailable esteem by the ignorant) but she's also very passive and patient so she's completely non-threatening to the sort of person who gets a semi when the cashier in 7-11's fingers touch their palm giving them their change.
So, when did you first realize you were a bitter shell of a person and hated everything?
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
putteno1

Post by putteno1 »

Steinherz wrote:If that's the case what about Emi? :lol:
What about it? XD
Healthy sex-drive of an adolescent that's all 8)