Which of the characters would date you?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Helbereth

Re: Which of the characters would date you?

Post by Helbereth »

WorldlyWiseman wrote:Japanese 3D hologram Pop star

It is coming. Soon our waifus will join us here in reality.
That's some crazy shit right there.
ravenlord

Post by ravenlord »

Find a part time job! For between ¥200,000 - ¥600,000 you can custom build your own ;)

http://www.orient-doll.com/top.html
Hanako>Shizune>Lilly>Emi>Rin {100% complete}
"痘痕も靨" (If there is love, then smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples) ~ Japanese proverb
Total Destruction

Post by Total Destruction »

Jessica Rabbit wins the thread.
... Danger.
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

The Tara Strong image has changed and the Jessica Rabbit thing no longer makes sense.
Helbereth

Post by Helbereth »

I think the hypothetical part of this query has been lost in a jumble of trolling attempts and completely unrelated discourse. You can just as easily pose a hypothetical question about real people -people you know, or famous people- and come up with the same kind of introspective answers.

It's really more about you than it is the characters.
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

I agree. You'd need a third party who knew both of you well to even begin to do this, but we all know how well being fixed up with someone works out in most cases.

Attraction is a funny enough thing that even with the most compatible people you can imagine, one or both just might not 'feel it'. The only thing worse than that is when one or both realizes, too late, that hey, maybe they do feel it.
yummines

Post by yummines »

metalangel wrote:The Tara Strong image has changed and the Jessica Rabbit thing no longer makes sense.
yea. dunno why it was changed. might be some website issue (wherever Snow_Storm got the image might have changed?)
because the new picture i saw on Danbooru.

in case anybody's lost, the pic used to be a twitter post by Tara Strong stating: "I'm sorry but you cannot physically date an animated character"
Snow_Storm

Post by Snow_Storm »

About the Tara Strong picture....

It was my sig for another fourm and I was too lazy to upload it on Photobukcet so when I had changed my sig, the Tara Strong mocking the people who think they can date 2D characters went bye-bye.
Micijayah

Post by Micijayah »

I'll just go in the order of most likely to date me :

Shizune would most likely be the one to date me even though I enjoyed her path the least, because of my small case of OCD, straightforward attitude and competitive personality. And the fact that I'm an over-achiever in school.

The 2nd most likely to date me would probably be Lilly because of my honesty and naivety, and the fact that I am very chivalrous and gentlemanly when it comes to girls (not to mention I love tea and alcohol :wink: )

Also coming in 2nd place would be Emi because of how athletic I am and my almost infinite amount of energy. Also the fact that I almost always have a positive attitude towards life.

Coming in 4th would be Hanako, because now that I'm older and realize that nobody will look out for you, I don't particularly give a shit about other human beings unless they speak to me, which Hanako most likely wouldn't.

And last but not least would be Rin. Even though I enjoyed Rin's path a lot, I feel like I wouldn't be able to communicate with her because of my way of over-analyzing things and my logical way of thinking.
DrNonookee

Do it. Dooooo iiiiit.

Post by DrNonookee »

Attraction is a funny enough thing that even with the most compatible people you can imagine, one or both just might not 'feel it'. The only thing worse than that is when one or both realizes, too late, that hey, maybe they do feel it.
Personally, I think there's something even worse than this - when both parties realize they feel it, but neither of them can bring themselves to say so because they think the other *doesn't* feel it. There are few things sadder than a couple both wanting the same thing, and nothing holding them back from it except themselves.

You hear that, boys and girls? If there's someone you 'like' like and they're not currently attached, go tell them right now. Right ****ing now. Sure, it may seem scary, but think about it - they might just say yes, and there's romance and/or kinky sex to be had if they do. I'd say that's probably worth a little ego bruising. ;) Plus, if they do secretly like you back, and you don't tell them how you feel...well, you're depriving *them* of the chance to be happy along with yourself. What kind of selfish bastard does that to someone they like? You jerk. :x
Now playing: Final Fantasy 14
Charlotte Donnay - Hyperion server. Look me up sometime!
Politus

Post by Politus »

I would go out on a limb and say probably none. I'm nice enough, but I'm a strange combination of intellectual and musical; I sing, act, read Clausewitz and speculate on the legal basis for revolution. The closest match, personality-wise, would probably be Shizune; I can be very combative and competitive in discussion. My favorite games are grand strategy (Risk and Paradox Interactive, whoop whoop!) and delight in the coming-together of plans. Admittedly, at the age I am, plans are typically limited to games and RP. I'm an avid fan of debate, taking great pleasure in verbal competition - I've gone for hours with friends of the family on all subjects, with discussions ranging from pleasant to heated. So closest bet is probably Shizune, but I'm skeptical if any would date me.

And of course, the usual disclaimer - none would because they're fictional characters in a visual novel.
"Je suis Marxiste, tendance Groucho." - anonymous French graffiti, May 1968.
guest13

Post by guest13 »

Shizune: Probably the most likely to date me because of our similar personality. At the same time, I would see myself in more of a brotherly relationship with her.

Emi: I can only see Emi as a friend at best. The only thing I have in common with her is running.

Lilly: We could be friends, but I am way too cold and cynical compared to her.

Rin: This has a possibility, but I don't even know. I like to have strange conversations and be philosophical, but I would probably come off as annoying.

Hanako: We wouldn't even talk. I only tend to chat with people who talk to me first, or I share a genuine interest in.

Misha: lol nope she's a lesbian.
Pyramid Head

Post by Pyramid Head »

Well i know what way i want to answer. I'm a huge Hanako fanboy because i kind of am a sucker for nice looking slightly geeky misanthropes. But it's a hard one to call.

Why it MIGHT Work:
I can be patient, and would be able to let Hanako adjust to me instead of just trying to force her into a conversation.
I am good at chess and strategy games and am open to friendly competition.
I am not squeamish at all around the sight of physical injuries, healed or otherwise, and wouldn't stare at her scars.
I tend to be distracting when around other people, so i can help her avoid dealing with people when she doesn't want to.
I'm good at talking and teaching other people to talk, so i can give her assistance when she does want to try and deal with people.

Why it MIGHT Fail Miserably:
I have a very dark sense of humor and foul mouth.
I have been known to be intimidating since i'm very tall and look like a rejected appearance for a Highlander villain.
Not all people share my curiosity about alternate food sources. That is to say some people are put off when i wonder aloud what squirrel tastes like.
I am more of a gamer than a bookworm.
I'm a games as art advocate with very strict standards and might get into an argument with her over why she's not really a game character.
I hate tea
I hate kids
I hate babies
I hate vans
I do a good Francis from Left 4 Dead impression.
I have a tendency to ramble
I'm psychotic.

But i still like Hanako the best. Beyond that...

Shizune: She'd be out for my blood because i'm the type to question authority. And i really hate pink and am still sore about governor bush, so i wouldn't get along with her interpreter at all.
Lilly: Actually it might work in theory since i do have an open enough mind to keep up with Lilly's musings, but i really hate tea and the sex probably wouldn't be that good because--
...i'll stop there actually. Though i can also say i have a good tolerance for alcohol and know some effective hangover cures, so that might come in handy around her.
Emi: No. No. I really don't like Emi. I hate pigtails, hate pink, am immediately paranoid of cute, and i prefer to just take long walks and vent my frustrations through beating people to death with pipe wrenches.
In a game i mean.
Rin: I'm actually good at speaking to the incoherent and do have a good sense of humor myself, but i'm not sure how she'd respond to the fact that i think modern art is badly overrated and that creative thought should be exercised with aesthetic discipline. She'd probably not know what the hell i'm talking about.

So Hanako, Rin, and Lilly are possibilities but i'm not the easiest guy to get along with, so i'd have to keep very low expectations.
The fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh.
mysterycycle

Re: Do it. Dooooo iiiiit.

Post by mysterycycle »

DrNonookee wrote:
You hear that, boys and girls? If there's someone you 'like' like and they're not currently attached, go tell them right now. Right ****ing now.
Based on my personal experiences, I must concur with this advice. There's nothing to be gained by keeping your longings secret but pain, frustration, false hopes and an ever-increasing chance that someone else with bigger balls will swoop in and make off with your love interest. Better to make your confession in your own words and on your own terms than for them to find out how you feel through someone else, or to miss the window of opportunity entirely.

The friendship may be great, but if you're in love with them, it's already too late to cling to it.
You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person.
ImageImage
Couch to 5k with Emi: WD123 W2D123 W3D123 W4D123 W5D123 W6D123 W7D123 W8D123 W9D123
I'm making a Katawa Shoujo doujinshi!
My deviantArt
Micijayah

Re: Do it. Dooooo iiiiit.

Post by Micijayah »

mysterycycle wrote:
DrNonookee wrote:
You hear that, boys and girls? If there's someone you 'like' like and they're not currently attached, go tell them right now. Right ****ing now.
Based on my personal experiences, I must concur with this advice. There's nothing to be gained by keeping your longings secret but pain, frustration, false hopes and an ever-increasing chance that someone else with bigger balls will swoop in and make off with your love interest. Better to make your confession in your own words and on your own terms than for them to find out how you feel through someone else, or to miss the window of opportunity entirely.

The friendship may be great, but if you're in love with them, it's already too late to cling to it.
Ooooor, you could have your jerk friend loudly shout that you have a crush on the girl and hope for the best afterwards. It worked for me :wink: