Anime Expo 2012 thread

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

James

Re: Anime Expo 2012 thread

Post by James »

I gave raemz one of my shikishi boards to draw on.
Although mine was a rushed job, I still really like it.

How come no one asked Doomfest to draw?
I didn't think to ask him for a sketch.
But he did sign my art book.

Doomfest signed my book.
Losstarot signed my book.
raemz signed my book.
Suriko signed my book.
gebyy signed my book.
VCR signed my book.

The saxophone guy, Japesland, he signed my book.
He put together the art book.
kotomikun

Post by kotomikun »

James wrote:I think these three sketches are the only ones raemz did at AX.
When I got to her, she was working on the Emi & Hanako.
This was at 11 AM, and the Exhibit Hall opened at 10 AM.

At 11 AM, I was the last request raemz took, and she finished at 2:30 PM.
She started on mine at 2 PM for a rushed job.
Exhibit Hall close at 3PM.
Those might have been the only ones from that day, but she definitely did some other ones on other days. She was working on a ridiculously gorgeous sketch of...er, some character I didn't recognize while I was hovering awkwardly around the table on...Saturday, I think? Gah, I should have asked to take a picture of it or something...

I was too shy/indecisive to even think of asking for any sketches (they all kinda had their work cut out for them, anyway), but I got signatures from raemz, gebyy, VCR, and Doomfest, and later Suriko once I finally tracked him down. :P
James

Post by James »

kotomikun wrote:
James wrote:I think these three sketches are the only ones raemz did at AX.
When I got to her, she was working on the Emi & Hanako.
This was at 11 AM, and the Exhibit Hall opened at 10 AM.

At 11 AM, I was the last request raemz took, and she finished at 2:30 PM.
She started on mine at 2 PM for a rushed job.
Exhibit Hall close at 3PM.
Those might have been the only ones from that day, but she definitely did some other ones on other days. She was working on a ridiculously gorgeous sketch of...er, some character I didn't recognize while I was hovering awkwardly around the table on...Saturday, I think? Gah, I should have asked to take a picture of it or something...

I was too shy/indecisive to even think of asking for any sketches (they all kinda had their work cut out for them, anyway), but I got signatures from raemz, gebyy, VCR, and Doomfest, and later Suriko once I finally tracked him down. :P
Yes, she was drawing others days.
But commissions were only on Monday.
And the three drawings in this Thread are the commissions.
Camoufrage

Post by Camoufrage »

DAMN some of you people went all out, I wish I could go to something like this :lol: looks like so much fun!
HurricaneHarvey

Post by HurricaneHarvey »

Some people sound lucky. I got several signatures but had trouble finding some people so I did not catch 'em all. I took pictures of the booth and who was there at the time but I don't know that I should post without permission since that is not something like cosplay where they expect to be plastered all of the internet. Speaking of cosplay I should post the shots of KS cosplayers I got later.
Sorry for my grammar and spelling. I am not very good at those...
Eclipse

Post by Eclipse »

ravenlord wrote:Apparently there is going to be a special annex there just for KS :)

map
Rofl'd at Lemonade stand.
"Don't die!"
~Anonymous
yummines

Post by yummines »

HurricaneHarvey wrote:Some people sound lucky. I got several signatures but had trouble finding some people so I did not catch 'em all. I took pictures of the booth and who was there at the time but I don't know that I should post without permission since that is not something like cosplay where they expect to be plastered all of the internet. Speaking of cosplay I should post the shots of KS cosplayers I got later.
well i sadly couldn't get any signatures because i was in a hurry because i had to meet with my friends. i think we were watching Toradora! (cause somehow all 3 of them havent) so i had to hurry out the exhibit hall.
HurricaneHarvey

Post by HurricaneHarvey »

Sorry for my grammar and spelling. I am not very good at those...
Clinton

Post by Clinton »

Sadly I live in Canada so I could not make it. From what I heard it was "STUPENDOUS"! But that is just what I heard.
I like helping others, I just hate approaching others.
Snow_Storm

Post by Snow_Storm »

You people are making me so jealous right now.
VCR
lolbot

Post by VCR »

It was nice meeting everyone at AX, I and everyone else had fun~
[13:00:51] <buckingham> why do you have to shit on my parade delta-kun you baka >_<
diosisback

Post by diosisback »

I hope there is an update soon regarding the artbooks in the Kickstarter website. I live in Europe, so that is the only way to get official KS merchandise...
Currently teaching Lilly to speak proper spanish...

Post by Guest »

Oh wow, it's kind of weird to see your own picture pop up in somebody else's photo album! I'm the derp Hisao with the Katawa logo over his chest (couldn't grow my hair out long enough for AX so I just kind of settled with the fact I had the same hair color >.>). The cosplay gathering was awesome and I wish I'd stayed longer to chat with the other Katawa fans; I think I had a panel to get to right afterwords though. I wish we'd had a cosplayer for every girl; one of my friends went to AX as Rin one day, and she was pretty good, but she decided to go to the Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt panel instead of the gathering (traitor! xP). I took a picture with that awesome Misha too, but she didn't show up to the gathering either, boo! Even so, we had some sick cosplayers, the Hanako was freakin' legit :O and Shizune totally had the mannerisms down, though she's not in any of the gathering photos because she arrived late ): I'd throw up some of my own pics, but I only had my crappy iPhone camera on me and they're not very good xP

Even outside of the cosplay gathering, I was pretty surprised at how many people recognized my cosplay... I think it was the heart logo that did it. I had to pose for a lot of 'heart attack' photos over the course of the weekend xD

Oh course I got my art book! It was a pleasant surprise to be able to pick up the Midwinter one too. I got mine signed by Weee, Lottie and Suriko... getting the Suriko sig was my main mission as soon as I'd heard he was coming, cause Lilly is my favorite route, but I kept missing him until Day 3, I think... I was coming by so often to check if he was there, the peeps at the booth began to recognize me, but I didn't want to leave the con without that autograph! x)

The devs seemed pretty cool from the limited interaction I had with them; Weee in particular was super classy, I remember buying a set of pins but they didn't have any on hand, so she kept apologizing to me while they looked for them; totally not necessary, I would've waited for that shit for hours!

Looking back on the weekend, I realize the only merchandise I bought was either Gurren Lagann or Katawa Shoujo related (I got an awesome set of phone charms of each girl from Artist's Alley)... pretty weird mix xP Anyway, I'm done vomiting my enthusiasm for now, if the Kenji who organized the cosplay gathering reads these forums (never got your name even though I saw you a couple times, sorry D:), thanks for putting it together! It was definitely one of the highlights of my weekend! And of course, thanks to all the devs for showing up and selling me your art books and putting up with your crazy fans. :p
Iyoko

Post by Iyoko »

I didn't even think about requesting signatures, but thinking back, I should have. I also wasn't following the blog like I should have been, because the way I found out about KS' presence at con was through the Fakku "Visual Novels and Eroge" panel on the night of Day 1... Definitely will be following from now on.
I believe, and I might be wrong because I don't know people very well, that I commissioned two sketches from Gebyy, and one from VCR~ VCR's is beautiful (I requested "Rin ANYTHING" and he delivered a super cute 'butterfly on head' Rin sleeping under a tree :D ), and Gebyy's are coming through the mail.

I was also the nut that bought that rice cooker as well :lol:
I honestly would have paid double the price; that thing is really adorable. I haven't made rice in it, for fear I might melt the sharpie off the sides, but I might do so when I get some time and can make sure it's okay while cooking.

I think Katawa Shoujo is a large part of the reason I had such a good time at AX this year, both because of the awesome AA booth and because of the fans. I talked to a fair number of people about KS, even though I didn't cosplay from the series. I remember specifically one guy began to talk to me because of my Touhou cosplay, and we somehow realized we both enjoyed Katawa Shoujo. We even touched on the 'tool shed incident' in Emi's route, and whether either of us ever saw that coming :D Also was carrying around the artbook, and had a few people approach me and go "WHERE CAN I BUY THAT", so I knew they were fans as well.

I hope you guys are able to go next year to AX; I'll definitely be there!
James

Post by James »

I did not see that rice cooker.
I would have bought it.