Does KS really cause Manly Tears

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Revvy

Re: Does KS really cause Manly Tears

Post by Revvy »

Xanatos wrote:
Revvy wrote:The were a few tears streaming at Rin's Neutral End...Okay more than a few. But I'm a very highly emotional man at times.

Nothing in a game or movie has ever hit me harder than the following three things though.

1. Steve's death in Resident Evil: Code Veronica
2. A few parts in Heavy Rain (Mainly the flashback scene)
3. MGS4 Microwave scene
If I buy Akira another poptart, can I stop having to see Suzu on the shitter? :lol:

And I can't really recall much in the way of sadness during a game. I remember being really pissed off at the start of Assassin's Creed though, when that fat bastard got the family killed...

Heavy Rain made me all sorts of sad on account of I got the second shittiest ending ever. Everyone but one dead (one a suicide), the kid drowns, and the killer only got his punishment because the one I could keep alive was his pet hooker, and she shot him in the face.

VNs generally do more in that department though.
I think I got that ending on my first playthrough too >.< And KS is the only VN I've played, but i notice your signature has something about a Hideaki spinoff? :o
So...Revvy enjoys lemon lube then? -Xanatos
(Yes I Do.)
Currently Reading: Scissorlips' Suzu Route.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Revvy wrote:
Xanatos wrote:
Revvy wrote:The were a few tears streaming at Rin's Neutral End...Okay more than a few. But I'm a very highly emotional man at times.

Nothing in a game or movie has ever hit me harder than the following three things though.

1. Steve's death in Resident Evil: Code Veronica
2. A few parts in Heavy Rain (Mainly the flashback scene)
3. MGS4 Microwave scene
If I buy Akira another poptart, can I stop having to see Suzu on the shitter? :lol:

And I can't really recall much in the way of sadness during a game. I remember being really pissed off at the start of Assassin's Creed though, when that fat bastard got the family killed...

Heavy Rain made me all sorts of sad on account of I got the second shittiest ending ever. Everyone but one dead (one a suicide), the kid drowns, and the killer only got his punishment because the one I could keep alive was his pet hooker, and she shot him in the face.

VNs generally do more in that department though.
I think I got that ending on my first playthrough too >.< And KS is the only VN I've played, but i notice your signature has something about a Hideaki spinoff? :o

It was my only playthrough. It's not really good for replaying. The other endings, I saw through LPs and most of them ruined the sad by being hilarious. XD

Ah, my own project. xD; I really liked his character so I downloaded Ren'py and decided "spinoff!".
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Helbereth

Post by Helbereth »

Xanatos wrote: If I buy Akira another poptart, can I stop having to see Suzu on the shitter? :lol:
Just replace the image with one of her standing outside a movie-theater bathroom trying not to pee herself. It's 10x more adorable and much less disturbing.
Revvy

Post by Revvy »

Helbereth wrote:
Xanatos wrote: If I buy Akira another poptart, can I stop having to see Suzu on the shitter? :lol:
Just replace the image with one of her standing outside a movie-theater bathroom trying not to pee herself. It's 10x more adorable and much less disturbing.
If such an image exists i require it.
So...Revvy enjoys lemon lube then? -Xanatos
(Yes I Do.)
Currently Reading: Scissorlips' Suzu Route.
dmhly

Post by dmhly »

Pseudogenesis wrote: You like that song for reasons other than parody?

:lol: I can enjoy bad hip-hop for what it is as long as the beat's nice.
ShadeHaven

Post by ShadeHaven »

Helbereth wrote:What's wrong with sweater-vests, anyway?
Hipsters...that's what's wrong with them.
Bluecoolman

Post by Bluecoolman »

Just finished Lilly's route. ALMOST had manly tears out of happiness. ALMOST
Hanako crying at the end of her route almost got me too.
Game Completion: 59%
Completed: Lilly Hanako Emi
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

This is from an anime adaption of another VN:

It was shown for about 3 seconds, but I immediately thought of Hanako. :( A few seconds later, when I was about to upload the screenshot, the tears started flooding. My keyboard got all wet, I couldn't see the letters. :cry: Ks really made a huge impact on me.
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
Keyalhar

Post by Keyalhar »

Yes in my book KS definatly is tear shed material. Mainly Lillys good ending got me really hard, actually it got me way harder than i expected some piece of fiction to be capable of! Im normally not the tear shed guy, but that material was just so much an emotional rollercoaster to be not shed into tears. And actually i dont care if they where manly tears or not i just appreciate it that a piece of fiction was moving enough to archieve that. So for me its a definate yes and i still have hanako and rin to be gone through and hopefully only the good endings. Only bad ending i have seen so far was a totally screwup with the "kenjii" ending where you die cause you mess up too much in act 1.

TLDR: i could not hold myself at lillys ending so for me its tear shed material par excellance.
Helbereth

Post by Helbereth »

Revvy wrote:
Helbereth wrote:
If such an image exists i require it.
Well, I was speaking in terms of interpreting the picture you have. Seeing it's a cropped shot, only showing her face and the position of her arms, you can assume she's doing the pee-pee dance instead.

Perception is the key to surviving the internet.
Iluvatar

Post by Iluvatar »

Helbereth wrote:Manly tears are the ones you, as a man, try to choke back upon encountering something so emotionally stunning that it manages to touch your stone-cast heart and force your ashen countenance to drip with undesired wetness. It usually takes something exceedingly tragic, beautiful, or downright awe-inspiring to yank manly tears out of a manly man. Common causes include your favorite team winning the championship, the sight of your first child, or the last scene in Field Of Dreams.
My new favorite quote now on fb
Pokeman

Post by Pokeman »

If anything were to cause Manly Tears, it would be this.
I don't have allot of things that make me shed tears. Only MOTHER 3 and one part in MGS4 (that I don't exactly remember) have also done it.
BionicKraken

Post by BionicKraken »

The feels are stronger than the tears for this one. I got watery eyes once (maybe twice) for each route, but it's nothing compared to the week or so of spiraling thoughts and solemn moods.

-reads last page-

FUCKING MOTHER 3
Much love to the Emi workout thread for kickstarting many positive changes in both my life and my mindset.
BloodCain13

Post by BloodCain13 »

I shed manly tears when I got 100%
Zezin

Post by Zezin »

I never had "manly" tears. I had pathetic tears. Hanako's arc ripped my soul out and shoved it back in. I cried like crazy it was really embarrassing.