Does KS really cause Manly Tears

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

ojamamask

Re: Does KS really cause Manly Tears

Post by ojamamask »

I've cried to one game and one film but that was when I was really young.

I did get really emotional and reflective afterwards which is worse than crying for me.
Pseudogenesis

Post by Pseudogenesis »

ojamamask wrote:I've cried to one game and one film but that was when I was really young.

I did get really emotional and reflective afterwards which is worse than crying for me.

The only game I can remember ever crying at is Metal Gear Solid 4. (And I only played that a few weeks ago. >_>) Seriously, the ending was just so fucking good.
The biggest dilemma in Katawa Shoujo:
'Should I recommend this to my friends or do I want them to continue to see me as mentally healthy?'

Mashup of the month: "Damn It Feels Good To Be a Cripple"
Tununias

Post by Tununias »

KS can cause tears(or at least lots of emotion). Whether or not you need to reassure your masculinity by calling them "manly tears" isn't any of my concern.

One of my hobbies is coloring anime style linearts. My avatar is the first lineart I've colored.
http://tununias.deviantart.com/
Pseudogenesis

Post by Pseudogenesis »

Tununias wrote:KS can cause tears(or at least lots of emotion). Whether or not you need to reassure your masculinity by calling them "manly tears" isn't any of my concern.

Nah, "Manly Tears" is just using humour to take the edge off of a statement that would otherwise provoke ridicule. There should be a term for that kind of thing.

Friend: "What the fuck? Are you wearing a sweatervest?"

Me: "Swag."
'Should I recommend this to my friends or do I want them to continue to see me as mentally healthy?'

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Pseudogenesis wrote:
Tununias wrote:KS can cause tears(or at least lots of emotion). Whether or not you need to reassure your masculinity by calling them "manly tears" isn't any of my concern.

Nah, "Manly Tears" is just using humour to take the edge off of a statement that would otherwise provoke ridicule. There should be a term for that kind of thing.

The proper response is "No." or "Yes, because I lost a bet."

Fuck sweatervests. :lol:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
dmhly

Post by dmhly »

Pseudogenesis wrote:

Words can't explain how much I like that song, haha.

On-topic: Got teary-eyed a few times but never shed a manly tear (haven't gone through neutral/bad endings, this might change). Whole lot of strong emotions throughout, however.
Pseudogenesis

Post by Pseudogenesis »

dmhly wrote:
Pseudogenesis wrote:

Words can't explain how much I like that song, haha.

On-topic: Got teary-eyed a few times but never shed a manly tear (haven't gone through neutral/bad endings, this might change). Whole lot of strong emotions throughout, however.

You like that song for reasons other than parody?

LOL WUT

Post by LOL WUT »

I Did Not Cry.

I was just wearing a sweater and started sweating through my eyes.

No but I never cried while playing this.
Xanatos I'm Sorry.
Xanatos wrote: I was totally going to include the leaf. Otherwise it's just a Ken(ji) doll because I can't model cocks from nothing.
Hello! Did I mention that I have a form of Arrythmia?
LOL WUT: I Am Feeling The Urge To Get More Posts Than You By The End Of The Year. May The Best Man Win
Xanatos: Bring it, Clifford.
JOIN US
Dream

Post by Dream »

I cried a bit during Hanako's good ending, and outside from that there were many scenes that left me quite affected emotionally but i can't say it caused me to shed tears (yet, i haven't finished it). About KS causing manly tears, i guess it depends on how emotional the person is more than anything, some cry easily while others just don't. It is a very moving game though, no doubt of that.
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Manly tears? Bah. I cried the most girlish wussy tears imaginable during parts of Hanako's route (particularly parts mirroring events in my own life, like her classroom breakdown) and I can fully admit it on the basis that I am a fucking MAN and, as such, secure enough in my masculinity that I don't have to qualify my tears as "manly".
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
Helbereth

Post by Helbereth »

What's wrong with sweater-vests, anyway?

I don't have any, but I understand the concept. They may be unfashionable, but they're practical. Some people even look okay in them, and, really, on a woman, the next best thing to scantily clad is some kind of clingy sweater (Google it).
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Helbereth wrote:What's wrong with sweater-vests, anyway?

I don't have any, but I understand the concept. They may be unfashionable, but they're practical. Some people even look okay in them, and, really, on a woman, the next best thing to scantily clad is some kind of clingy sweater (Google it).
Practical doesn't stop them looking stupid on 99.3% of people who wear them. :P

That's 99% of people plus a midget missing its shins, by the way.
Revvy

Post by Revvy »

The were a few tears streaming at Rin's Neutral End...Okay more than a few. But I'm a very highly emotional man at times.

Nothing in a game or movie has ever hit me harder than the following three things though.

1. Steve's death in Resident Evil: Code Veronica
2. A few parts in Heavy Rain (Mainly the flashback scene)
3. MGS4 Microwave scene
So...Revvy enjoys lemon lube then? -Xanatos
(Yes I Do.)
Currently Reading: Scissorlips' Suzu Route.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Revvy wrote:The were a few tears streaming at Rin's Neutral End...Okay more than a few. But I'm a very highly emotional man at times.

Nothing in a game or movie has ever hit me harder than the following three things though.

1. Steve's death in Resident Evil: Code Veronica
2. A few parts in Heavy Rain (Mainly the flashback scene)
3. MGS4 Microwave scene
If I buy Akira another poptart, can I stop having to see Suzu on the shitter? :lol:

And I can't really recall much in the way of sadness during a game. I remember being really pissed off at the start of Assassin's Creed though, when that fat bastard got the family killed...

Heavy Rain made me all sorts of sad on account of I got the second shittiest ending ever. Everyone but one dead (one a suicide), the kid drowns, and the killer only got his punishment because the one I could keep alive was his pet hooker, and she shot him in the face.

VNs generally do more in that department though.
lvrr325

Post by lvrr325 »

Yes, but I'm some kind of sissy anyways.

If you emotionally connect to the characters and the story, then the odds are likely you'll shed tears at key points of any of the stories, I suppose. Keep an onion handy if you're worried about someone seeing it.

Besides, every time a guy sheds a tear at this game a programmer gets his wings..... wait, I may have that confused with "It's A Wonderful Life" ...