Hanako's burns

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

WorldlyWiseman

Re: Hanako's burns

Post by WorldlyWiseman »

C'mon, we've all seen that Hanako doesn't have a nose.
Hanako's favorite joke is The Aristocrats, but she never tells it because Lilly finds it really offensive. Instead, she practices her delivery in front of a mirror when she's alone. It's the only time she never stammers.
random

Post by random »

she also possess a magical right eye that can disappear when most of it is covered by hair
Tomate

Post by Tomate »

Tis a clever trick, see? She just closes the eye hidden by her hair.
Don't just eat that hamburger, eat the HELL out of it!
Total Destruction

Post by Total Destruction »

Burn victims are hawt. Unfortunate, but hawt.
... Danger.
Helbereth

Post by Helbereth »

random wrote:she also possess a magical right eye that can disappear when most of it is covered by hair
To me, it's the most functional use I've ever seen for that type of manga/anime hairstyle.

What I wondered about her burn scars is how her developing body (she was 6 or 8 when the accident happened, if I recall right) altered and perhaps shrunk the scars as she grew.

I have a scar on the base of my thumb from a nasty cut I got falling on a broken shard of glass when I was 5. Now, as an adult, the scar is no bigger than it was at age 5, but the hand itself is about 4x bigger, thus making the scar appear much smaller. I wonder if the scar area visible on Hanako now was much more extensive soon after the accident.
inquisitivenegro

Post by inquisitivenegro »

Beoran wrote:As the posted image show, Hanako's particular burn scars would be realistic enough. The bullying because of them, even though she isn't severely disfigured and all in all is very pretty, is just as realistic, seen this is set in Japan where conformity is sometimes overvalued to the point of absurdity, especially amongst children.

A little anecdote to illustrate this: in most schools in Japan there are hot lunches, and if so, all children get them, even if the parents cannot pay for them. Why? It would lead to bullying if the school started to exclude children whose parents couldn't pay from the meals. To complicate things further, some parents abuse this situation to refuse to pay even if they can...
What...that is no where near absurd -.- How is providing food to growing children equally no matter their financial status absurd? It's a good thing that the school is putting their students in front of losing some money because of a few dishonest parents. Plus, you know thats the exact same reason is why some schools enforce compulsory uniforms right.. -.- And your anecdote has nothing to do with conformity anyways.
$50 says I live more South than all of you
Beoran

Post by Beoran »

Hmmm, actually, when I you state it like that it does sound much more like a good thing... I have some other better examples of conformity, I think, such as the existance of /some/ schools where it's mandatory to have black hair /even if/ your natural hair color is not black, etc... but you're prbably right that I put my previous story under the wrong category.
Kind Regards, B.
Feeling like your heart is broken? Need to get it off your chest? Tell your story here.
Take a look at Eruta my jRPG under development. New web site since december 2012.
Play Ature, my free and open source indie Atari 2600 action adventure game.
All great love is above pity: for it wants - to create what is loved! -- F. Nietzsche - Thus Spoke Zarathustra.
inquisitivenegro

Beoran wrote: /some/ schools where it's mandatory to have black hair /even if/ your natural hair color is not black, etc... but you're prbably right that I put my previous story under the wrong category.
wow... thats F*cked up :O
Actually I remember reading that somewhere, either on MAL or tv tropes
ArazelEternal

Post by ArazelEternal »

Whether Hanakos injuries looks like the picture of the guy posted, or the girl, Id still fall in love with her the same.

Lilly = Hanako, Emi, Rin, Shizune
I fell in love with Lilly and Hanako

You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be your Emiest.
inquisitivenegro

ArazelEternal wrote:Whether Hanakos injuries looks like the picture of the guy posted, or the girl, Id still fall in love with her the same.
Yeah, but now look at
or Image

These are much worse than a few squiggly lines that can easily be hidden with bangs, and it would explain how a lot of people would (including hisao at first) would have been uncomfortable approachiing Hanako (T.T)
ravenlord

Post by ravenlord »

This has been bounced around before, and here is my take on it:

Hanako>Shizune>Lilly>Emi>Rin {100% complete}
"痘痕も靨" (If there is love, then smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples) ~ Japanese proverb
ArazelEternal

Post by ArazelEternal »

inquisitivenegro wrote:
ArazelEternal wrote:Whether Hanakos injuries looks like the picture of the guy posted, or the girl, Id still fall in love with her the same.
Yeah, but now look at
or Image

These are much worse than a few squiggly lines that can easily be hidden with bangs, and it would explain how a lot of people would (including hisao at first) would have been uncomfortable approachiing Hanako (T.T)
Not a problem. Niether one would turn me away.

You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be your Emiest.
Xerxes

Post by Xerxes »

Those two real life chicks from above are ugly even without the scars. My two cents.
Brogurt

Post by Brogurt »

I'm certain there are people who are rendered unlovable through the ugliness brought on by burnscars, but posting pictures of extraterrestrials won't prove a whole lot.
ArazelEternal

Post by ArazelEternal »

Brogurt wrote:I'm certain there are people who are rendered unlovable through the ugliness brought on by burnscars, but posting pictures of extraterrestrials won't prove a whole lot.
I highly doubt that. In this world of 7 billion (give or take) I am sure there is one person out there who could love them. That does not necessarily mean they will find them, however.