Hanako's burns

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

inquisitivenegro

Re: Hanako's burns

Post by inquisitivenegro »

Wha... I was just posting examples of burns doing more than just scarring the skin but going on to destroy/disfigure facial features... extra terristrials? really? Not all victims are baked to perfection like Hanako, its sad to see many people despite having played the same route still fail to see past the superficial
$50 says I live more South than all of you
BlackWaltzTheThird

Post by BlackWaltzTheThird »

Brogurt wrote:I'm certain there are people who are rendered unlovable through the ugliness brought on by burnscars, but posting pictures of extraterrestrials won't prove a whole lot.
Wow Brogurt, it seemschanging your avatar to Gary Motherfucking Oak makes your post 189% douchier. Okay, those particular burns victims aren't attractive (in fact, very much the opposite) but that's no reason to call them extraterrestrials.
BlackWaltz's One-stop Oneshot Shop - my fanfiction portal topic. Contains links to all my previous works, plus starting now any new ones I may produce (or reproduce)! Please, check it out!

BlackWaltz's Pastebin - for those who prefer to read things with no formatting and stuff. It's mostly the same as in my thread. Also contains assorted other writing!
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

So, posting these pictures proves... what? That some burn victims are worse than others? That sometimes injuries can make a person hard to look at while other times they won't? Is there any more point to it than saying "Well, if she looked like this, she wouldn't be as attractive even though she doesn't look anything like this?"
Not Dead Yet
WorldlyWiseman

Post by WorldlyWiseman »

God, it's great to have a local butt-hurt distributer. That line was perfect.
Hanako's favorite joke is The Aristocrats, but she never tells it because Lilly finds it really offensive. Instead, she practices her delivery in front of a mirror when she's alone. It's the only time she never stammers.
inquisitivenegro

Post by inquisitivenegro »

The pictures were an example of cases where the burns go as far as to alter the facial features, which was after all what the thread was about (severity of Hanako's scarring), not a "IF YOU LOVE HANAKO WHY DO YOU NOT LOVE THEM?! HYPOCRISY! " outburst
$50 says I live more South than all of you
Helbereth

Post by Helbereth »

It seems to be morbid curiosity more than anything else.

In the end, the scars across someone's face make little difference compared to their personality. Initial reactions aside, that is. I mean, you don't look across a room and say, "Hey, I bet she has a great personality."

No, your reaction will probably be, "Hey, she's kinda - OH MY GOD WHAT HAPPENED TO HER FACE!?" Followed by, "...she's cute, though."

Don't even deny it.
Beoran

Post by Beoran »

Well, I'd say the second picture of the Indian-looking lady is an example of someone who has half her face severely damaged. I though the other half looked still rather nice tough. Anyway, if I was to meet such a person of course I'd be a little uncomfortable at first, but I probably would be OK once I got to know them better. I do hope that those ladies find whatever they want to find in life.
Kind Regards, B.
Feeling like your heart is broken? Need to get it off your chest? Tell your story here.
Take a look at Eruta my jRPG under development. New web site since december 2012.
Play Ature, my free and open source indie Atari 2600 action adventure game.
All great love is above pity: for it wants - to create what is loved! -- F. Nietzsche - Thus Spoke Zarathustra.

Post by Guest »

Well, to be honest with you, in real life, I probably wouldn't love someone with very bad scars.

...Sorry, I know this is shallow and superficial. However, I don't hate them, and I certainly wouldn't pick on them for something they cannot control.
Through Katawa Shoujo, I've learned to not judge them at first sight.
Dollywitch

Post by Dollywitch »

If she looked "that" bad she would have gotten some kind of plastic surgery, or maybe worn some kind of mask.
Helbereth

Post by Helbereth »

Dollywitch wrote:If she looked "that" bad she would have gotten some kind of plastic surgery, or maybe worn some kind of mask.
You mean like this:

Hanako Of The Opera

I feel bad having made that, honestly. Even though the Phantom Of The Opera is a similar tale, it would probably be insulting for someone to be compared in that way to a fictional character. I could be over-thinking it, though. A lot of times people with scars, disabilities or other problems are pretty casual about it, from my experience.

I was friends with a guy that had Cerebral Palsy for years. One of the things he liked about me is that I had absolutely no qualms about asking why he favored his weak-looking left arm and walked with a limp. He found it frustrating when people tried to avoid seeing the elephant in the room. It was worse, really, he once told me. Like they pitied his condition but didn't have the balls to ask what it was like. He, more than once, exaggerated his limp as he walked away shouting, "Sanctuary! Sanctuary!" It made me more uncomfortable than it did him.

My little brother was diagnosed with Schizophrenia and mild Aspberger's Syndrome (a mild form of autism) a few years ago, and, though he's sensitive to people outright calling him crazy, he can roll with the punches. I need to make him a mix-tape containing just one song - Lithium by Nirvana. That wouldn't exactly be a mix tape, though. I could just put the same song 10x over on it, I guess... Does that sound mean? He'd probably fall down laughing.
Tomate

Post by Tomate »

You mean like this:

Hanako Of The Opera

I feel bad having made that, honestly.
Must resit urge to use the Brazilian laugh...
Damn funny.
Don't just eat that hamburger, eat the HELL out of it!
Pseudogenesis

Post by Pseudogenesis »

Brogurt wrote:I think the context of this picture was someone showing how burn wounds and burn scars are different, but Anon picked up from it the fact that even these aren't terribly disfiguring.

Yes, I know, 3DPD and all, but the point was how this guy is still recognizably attractive to some no homo and can only get better.
1326750354784.jpg

This is probably, at least in my mind, the perfect representation of what the extent of Hanako's scarring is. (Picture not quoted, see original post.) It's worthy of a double-take at first, but it certainly doesn't obscure the (Speaking objectively; not gay) attractiveness of the person. Just a quick question, though: Are these fresh burn wounds, or scars that have healed? I'm not versed at all in this area.
Last edited by Pseudogenesis on Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The biggest dilemma in Katawa Shoujo:
'Should I recommend this to my friends or do I want them to continue to see me as mentally healthy?'

Mashup of the month: "Damn It Feels Good To Be a Cripple"
Eraser35

Post by Eraser35 »

Pseudogenesis wrote:
Brogurt wrote:I think the context of this picture was someone showing how burn wounds and burn scars are different, but Anon picked up from it the fact that even these aren't terribly disfiguring.

Yes, I know, 3DPD and all, but the point was how this guy is still recognizably attractive to some no homo and can only get better.
1326750354784.jpg

This is probably, at least in my mind, the perfect representation of what the extent of Hanako's scarring is. (Picture not quoted, see original post.) It's worthy of a double-take at first, but it certainly doesn't obscure the (Speaking objectively; not gay) attractiveness of the person. Just a quick question, though: Are these fresh burn wounds, or scars that have healed? I'm not versed at all in this area.
healed scars, I would say she's had them for 10 maybe 11 years
Pseudogenesis

Post by Pseudogenesis »

Eraser35 wrote:
Pseudogenesis wrote:

1326750354784.jpg

Well I guess that confirms that that's probably a good idea of what Hanako's scars might look like, just on the reverse side. It really fits perfectly, doesn't it?
The biggest dilemma in Katawa Shoujo:
'Should I recommend this to my friends or do I want them to continue to see me as mentally healthy?'

Mashup of the month: "Damn It Feels Good To Be a Cripple"
Sgt_Frog

Post by Sgt_Frog »

Eraser35 wrote:
Pseudogenesis wrote:

1326750354784.jpg

If she's had them for 10 years, why have they not faded to brown? Why do they still look reddish?