Time to return to normal emotional state

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Time to return to normal emotional state

Post by Guest »

Time to return of my normal emotional state (in order of play so far):

Emi (good ending): 1 week + identification of unresolved issues. The story line was too close to home and played into some of my own problems. Couldn't bring myself to play again in fear of being futher wrecked.

Lilly (good ending): 4 days. Savouring the sweetness and longing of the ended. Stopped being interested in completing any other story line.

From what I've read on the forums I'm guessing it's going to take me more than a month to complete the other good endings and, perhaps even longer than that, to get to 100%.

I'm interested if anyone else has needed time away from the game before playing through other routes? If so, what routes caused this and (if your game enough) why?

Sorry this is topic has been repeated else where. I realise that some comments, especially answers to the "why" question, will have been discussed in other threads: I'm mainly interested in the "time to return to normal emotion state" which I couldn't find in any other threads.
Megumeru

Re: Time to return to normal emotional state

Post by Megumeru »

Guest wrote: I'm interested if anyone else has needed time away from the game before playing through other routes? If so, what routes caused this and (if your game enough) why?
No, really.

I ran through all the entire routes--good one and bad--then sighs. After that I replayed Shizune's route, then sighs.

Then I look at the main screen, see the pile of pictures to my right and went :cry:
"OH GOD WHAT HAVE I DONE!! THERE'S NO MORE...!!"

I curl up in bed, then decide to write to get it over with.

but which route? Not many people actually 'get' this one, but Shizune's route hit close to home--bad ending, especially. After I finished her route for the first time I'm tempted to go through it again (but nope. I decide to run through the other routes), so I did it after I complete the other routes before...well, yeah
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
Tomate

Post by Tomate »

I played all routes one after another, enduring the feels as i went, after i finished the game my reaction was similar to Megumeru's.

The route that was closer to home was Emi's, since i too lost my father when i was young, but her overreactions and drama did annoy me a little.

Though my favorite characters(and route) is Shizune.
Last edited by Tomate on Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't just eat that hamburger, eat the HELL out of it!
acewing905

Post by acewing905 »

Then I look at the main screen, see the pile of pictures to my right and went :cry:
"OH GOD WHAT HAVE I DONE!! THERE'S NO MORE...!!"
This is what happened to me too. I just did all the routes back to back without walkthroughs. I got Hanako good end, Kenji bad end, Lilly good end (my favourite of them all, and the someone-close-going-abroad thing struck home), Emi good end, Shizune good end, and Rin good end in that order. Guess I was really lucky to not come across any bad ends. (Psst. Kenji bad end doesn't count as it's more of a dark humour end than a serious one.)
yummines

Post by yummines »

I've personally only came to tears by 2 movies and one game : Taegukgi, Grave of the Fireflies, and Mother 3.

Im guessing it effected me less cause ive never lost someone important nor been in a romantic relationship ( that lasted long enough to matter anyhow)

The only reason i havent finished it is im playing other games atm. New Vegas. Mmm gibs
Snow_Storm

Post by Snow_Storm »

Kenji's Bad End to me is like "Ha ha, you suck at even getting fictional girls! Go die!" A joke ending more so.

Anyway, the only video games I ever shed a mantear for was the end of Metal Gear Solid 4 ("This is good...isn't it?"). I almost shed a man tear at the end of Hanako's good end but I slapped myself and said "You're a grown ass man. Don't cry over video games!"
Tununias

Post by Tununias »

Snow_Storm wrote:Kenji's Bad End to me is like "Ha ha, you suck at even getting fictional girls! Go die!" A joke ending more so.

Anyway, the only video games I ever shed a mantear for was the end of Metal Gear Solid 4 ("This is good...isn't it?"). I almost shed a man tear at the end of Hanako's good end but I slapped myself and said "You're a grown ass man. Don't cry over video games!"
Real men aren't afraid to cry. :cry:

One of my hobbies is coloring anime style linearts. My avatar is the first lineart I've colored.
http://tununias.deviantart.com/
Pseudogenesis

Post by Pseudogenesis »

Tomate wrote:
The route that was closer to home was Emi's, since i too lost my father when i was young, but her overreactions and drama did annoy me a little.

I love spoiler tags

I had to take about a weeklong break after Hanako's route. It hit me like a ton of bricks. Then I took Shizune's path and took another break, this time because I really didn't like it. :S Emi's path next.
The biggest dilemma in Katawa Shoujo:
'Should I recommend this to my friends or do I want them to continue to see me as mentally healthy?'

Mashup of the month: "Damn It Feels Good To Be a Cripple"
Tomate

Post by Tomate »

Pseudogenesis wrote:
Tomate wrote:
The route that was closer to home was Emi's, since i toolost my father when i was young, but her overreactions and drama did annoy me a little.

I love spoiler tags

I had to take about a weeklong break after Hanako's route. It hit me like a ton of bricks. Then I took Shizune's path and took another break, this time because I really didn't like it. :S Emi's path next.
Oh shit, sorry bro.
I'll add that spoiler tags.
Don't just eat that hamburger, eat the HELL out of it!
masuda

Post by masuda »

Finished the whole thing 100% in 4-5 days, though it was hard to move on from Hanako's, my first route.
<3 Hanako <3 Lilly <3 Shizune <3

Sajomir

Post by Sajomir »

I didn't need time in between routes, though I hate going back to games and intentionally getting bad endings. I've deliberately avoided doing so in KS. :P
Animator for the Katawa Shoujo Fighting Game
We are looking for additional animators and spriters! Please PM me :D
Pseudogenesis

Post by Pseudogenesis »

Tomate wrote:
Pseudogenesis wrote:
Tomate wrote:
The route that was closer to home was Emi's, since i toolost my father when i was young, but her overreactions and drama did annoy me a little.

I love spoiler tags

Oh shit, sorry bro.
I'll add that spoiler tags.

Hey, don't worry about it. It'd be nice if people used them more, but everybody slips. I know I would. (Will)
The biggest dilemma in Katawa Shoujo:
'Should I recommend this to my friends or do I want them to continue to see me as mentally healthy?'

Mashup of the month: "Damn It Feels Good To Be a Cripple"
themocaw

Post by themocaw »

yummines wrote:I've personally only came to tears by 2 movies and one game : Taegukgi
Oh god. "Taegukgi" destroyed me when I watched it.

He still had the shoes.