An alternate perspective

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Babli

Re: An alternate perspective

Post by Babli »

Nice to see people having so much time to spend it on things they dont like. Life is long after all.
ShadeHaven

Post by ShadeHaven »

KSHater wrote:That doesn't really refute my point. "Free as in free speech" is much more important than "free as in free beer". I'm not faulting them for drawing from the creative commons of humanity. That's a good thing. I'm faulting them for not giving back to the same source that they took from. They should release the game under a CC-BY-NC-SA license.
I understand what your saying, but in my opinion unless they almost copied and pasted text from those VNs, they shouldn't have to publish ks under a CC license even if the ideas were similar. They wrote the paths themselves, the ideas that were possibly taken from other sources were most likely used for references.

Considering all of the KS love on these forums, you had to know not many would agree with you. I guess its nice being different every now and then.
Gandara

Post by Gandara »

You ever notice that the better something is, the louder its opponents are?

Maybe it's because there's so few of them... they feel the need to really push it to the next level to try to make a point.
Diet / Exercise Tracker:
Original weight (1/1/12): 400 lbs. // Target weight: ??? lbs. // Current (1/28/13): 344 lbs. // Total lost: 56 lbs.
Current exercise: Workout 3-4x a week: jogging, weights
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies." - Andy Dufresne, "The Shawshank Redemption"
WorldlyWiseman

Post by WorldlyWiseman »

KSHater wrote: Finally,

I am unique and special!
The reviewer seems like they had really specific expectations for what they wanted KS to be, and were let down because KS was never trying to be that in the first place. "My car," the reviewer cries, "Why is it not a pickup truck?"
Hanako's favorite joke is The Aristocrats, but she never tells it because Lilly finds it really offensive. Instead, she practices her delivery in front of a mirror when she's alone. It's the only time she never stammers.
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

KSHater wrote: Finally,

I am unique and special!
Yes, you are. Beech please...
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
ravenlord

Post by ravenlord »

Weak troll is weak. There is always one in every bunch, so I will just be kind and take pity on you, KSHater. I hope that your life gets better to the point where you can experience some happiness :)
Hanako>Shizune>Lilly>Emi>Rin {100% complete}
"痘痕も靨" (If there is love, then smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples) ~ Japanese proverb
Dr. Robotnik

Post by Dr. Robotnik »

Great to know that we feed obvious trolls here.
Emibro, [Hanabro], [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, [Two-timer]
KSHater

Post by KSHater »

Well, I see that nobody is interested in a serious discussion. This thread serves as a fine public record of your hugboxy nature, though. It's a shame, because defending something you enjoy usually makes you appreciate it more. Your love of KS must just not be able to stand up to scrutiny.

Maybe LoveDespite or Missing Stars will turn out better.
ShadeHaven

Post by ShadeHaven »

KSHater wrote:Maybe LoveDespite or Missing Stars will turn out better.
...did you really just....ok. *Sigh* Obvious troll is obvious.
Akros

Post by Akros »

KSHater wrote:Well, I see that nobody is interested in a serious discussion. This thread serves as a fine public record of your hugboxy nature, though. It's a shame, because defending something you enjoy usually makes you appreciate it more. Your love of KS must just not be able to stand up to scrutiny.

Maybe LoveDespite or Missing Stars will turn out better.
It's the other way around, we like it so much that wasting our time discussing with you it's pointless.
Couch to 5k with Emi progress: Done!!!
W1D123 W2D123 W3D123 W4D123 W5D123
W6D123 W7D123 W8D123 W9D123
100 push-up challenge : In progress -> W3D12 Last time: 10/12/8/8/14 :P
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

Dr. Robotnik wrote:Great to know that we feed obvious trolls here.
Zounds, the irony!!!
encrypted12345

Post by encrypted12345 »

Dr. Robotnik wrote:Great to know that we feed obvious trolls here.
Meh, he does liven up the atmosphere a tiny bit. A lot of us are just lurking around bored
ContinualNaba

Post by ContinualNaba »

Here's a thought:

Lovers, haters, you're all 'tards.

But don't worry, Naba-kins understands~
[19:33] <!Suriko> i think i could go my whole life without putting my mouth on someone's ass voluntarily

[12:46] == climatic was kicked from #katawa-shoujo by climatic [climatic]
[12:46] <+ContinualNaba> wut
[12:46] <%VCR> wut
[12:47] <+Juno> Qué
KSHater

Post by KSHater »

Are LoveDespite and Missing Stars unpopular here?

If anything, I thought you'd like them.
rydiafan

Post by rydiafan »

@ KSHater People on here don't mind different opinions ( i myself like kana little sister better ) but don't be a dick about it ... explain why you dislike it so much , say what you would change about it and so on ... all you did was call us names , posted a gamefaqs link and said you agree with it ....

oh ps ... THIS A KATAWA SHOUJO FORUM ... you really expected to find a dislike for the game on here ... kenji makes more sense then you