Anybody else disappointed Katawa Shoujo didn't make Cracked'

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

AdventSign

Re: Anybody else disappointed Katawa Shoujo didn't make Crac

Post by AdventSign »

I don't think it's really insane....the dating and stuff is very realistic and I think people who do have a physical disability could relate to all of this. It is more realistic and heart breaking than anything.
~Shultz

Post by ~Shultz »

Meh, I just saw that list and meh...

KS is pretty normal, compared with the number 6. I got wtf'd when I saw number one...

I don't see anything insane on KS... Only the "cripple fetish" thing, but meh, that doesn't make the VN insane... Except if you put the chocolate thing on all the sex scenes. Just sayin'
The name is /V/ice~
WorldlyWiseman

Post by WorldlyWiseman »

~Shultz wrote: Meh, I just saw that list and meh...
That's a pretty normal reaction to CrackedDotCom.

Hey-oh!
Hanako's favorite joke is The Aristocrats, but she never tells it because Lilly finds it really offensive. Instead, she practices her delivery in front of a mirror when she's alone. It's the only time she never stammers.
Gandara

Post by Gandara »

Everybody's hating on Cracked these days.

Oh well. Guess it's not for everyone.

*Goes back to being occasionally mildly amused by Cracked articles*
Diet / Exercise Tracker:
Original weight (1/1/12): 400 lbs. // Target weight: ??? lbs. // Current (1/28/13): 344 lbs. // Total lost: 56 lbs.
Current exercise: Workout 3-4x a week: jogging, weights
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies." - Andy Dufresne, "The Shawshank Redemption"
Dr. Robotnik

Post by Dr. Robotnik »

They sometimes have funny articles, but that's only when they're actually writing articles. Most of the time they're writing their shitty formulaic lists.
Emibro, [Hanabro], [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, [Two-timer]
yummines

Re: Cracked 86'd KS from 6 Most Insane Video Games About Dat

Post by yummines »

MasterJHG wrote:
TheSongofRaven wrote:
Deadeye wrote:Have you played the one's on that list? They have that sort of title for a reason. First time I played YMK I had the case of 'wut' for like a week.
I played School Days too, but I get really frustrated because Makoto is a real ...... well son of.....you know, because I try to be faithful to Kotonoha, but he only starts to think in Sekai (I like her anyways XD), and always he made Kotonoha crys...good, what a ......
Well my japanese friend (who frequents 2chan) said hes the most hated protagonist in existence so...
~Shultz

Post by ~Shultz »

Gandara wrote:Everybody's hating on Cracked these days.

Oh well. Guess it's not for everyone.

*Goes back to being occasionally mildly amused by Cracked articles*
That wasn't a hate reaction, if that's what are you talking about. I need to lurk moar so I could decide if I need to hate or to love. But I'm not interested to do it atm
The name is /V/ice~
Woody Alien

Post by Woody Alien »

I swear, I did not know Mike Inel made a VN all by himself. Maybe I'll have to try it even if I don't find it so appealing...

"Cute, rapeable appearance"
:shock: why
Katawa Shoujo is a game that, by all accounts, shouldn't exist, but it does and we're happier because of it!
Shizune è una porcona

Click here for real-life Misha: http://www.flickr.com/photos/daddy_mulk/8637512452/
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

I like Cracked. I'm glad it's survived from the magazine I used to read when I was a kid into a persistently entertaining and thought-provoking humour site.
bronko

Post by bronko »

Woody Alien wrote:I swear, I did not know Mike Inel made a VN all by himself. Maybe I'll have to try it even if I don't find it so appealing...
After reading Cracked I tried his VN because...well because it's Mike Inel. It didn't appeal to me neither, but it was definitely fun.
I had a hard time achieving all endings though. At some points, the path system didn't make sense (just my opinion) and I had to use a walkthrough to get through everything.

This pigeon stuff is really fucked up. It's one of these things where you alt+tab to another window when your beloved approaches. No matter what opens up, it's easier to explain.

I would have been confused if I had found KS in this list. KS is a ordinary, innocent flower compaired to stuff I've seen so far.
I apologize for any grammatical and spelling mistake I may do. English is not my native language.
HarvestmanMan

Post by HarvestmanMan »

I must confess, KS is the only visual novel I've ever played/read/watched/whatever, so I immediately thought of it upon seeing that article. However, it isn't really bizarre enough to be notable for it.

Also, I really really want to play that pigeon one, because it looks fucking hilarious.
Current Number of Fanfics Cooked: 2
inquisitivenegro

Post by inquisitivenegro »

That list was bad anyways...School Days is actually good, and not that weird considering its just sex+violence
Doesnt Raplay count as a visual novel?
$50 says I live more South than all of you
Eraser35

Post by Eraser35 »

inquisitivenegro wrote:That list was bad anyways...School Days is actually good, and not that weird considering its just sex+violence
its weird in that any of the endings are bad, like they pointed out you end up with a potential psychopath no matter what or mentally tramatized for like or dead
inquisitivenegro

Post by inquisitivenegro »

Eraser35 wrote:
inquisitivenegro wrote:That list was bad anyways...School Days is actually good, and not that weird considering its just sex+violence
its weird in that any of the endings are bad, like they pointed out you end up with a potential psychopath no matter what or mentally tramatized for like or dead
umm no there are good endings
$50 says I live more South than all of you
Eraser35

Post by Eraser35 »

inquisitivenegro wrote:
Eraser35 wrote:
umm no there are good endings
oh course you can get either one of the girls without something horrible happening but if you've gotten a bad ending before getting a good ending you know what she is capable of so in the end is it really a good ending to the player