Anybody else disappointed Katawa Shoujo didn't make Cracked'

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

TheSongofRaven

Re: Cracked 86'd KS from 6 Most Insane Video Games About Dat

Post by TheSongofRaven »

Deadeye wrote:Have you played the one's on that list? They have that sort of title for a reason. First time I played YMK I had the case of 'wut' for like a week.
just playin school days for a while. decided stop because .... the story it's kinda weird and blood ? better playing Kara no Shoujo if want see blood and good storyline :P
"I believe everything like horse race. When you are lose, simply ride the horse again and face any challange"
Twitter : @GrimPointman, Skype : steven.yehezkiel6791
WorldlyWiseman

Post by WorldlyWiseman »

TheSongofRaven wrote: just playin school days for a while. decided stop because .... the story it's kinda weird and blood ? better playing Kara no Shoujo if want see blood and good storyline :P
Yeah I'm not sure what the appeal is of these 'crazy girlfriend' games. Then again, I'm sure the genre's fans look over here at Rin and say "Yeah, she can handle a paintbrush, but can she handle a knife? Did she cut off her own arms?"
Hanako's favorite joke is The Aristocrats, but she never tells it because Lilly finds it really offensive. Instead, she practices her delivery in front of a mirror when she's alone. It's the only time she never stammers.
scorptatious

Post by scorptatious »

That pigeon visual novel sounds freaking awesome. :lol:
encrypted12345

Post by encrypted12345 »

Merlyn_LeRoy wrote: I guess they just hate 4chan so much they can't stand seeing reference to it even in a negative context."
*cringe* I... learned that first hand actually. I just casually said, "Just because someone lurks on 4chan doesn't mean that you should ostracize them" on their forums and err... David Wong went berserk. I left after that.

I mean, we all know 4chan is a terrible place, but come on!
Dullfinn

Post by Dullfinn »

I don't usually read CrackedDotCom, but that article was somewhat fun. Brough back memories of those wacky "game reviews" SomethingAwfulDotCom used to do. Or perhaps still does? I haven't read that site in ages either... Anyhoo, how come this is the first time I've heard of this deiz thingie? Probably gonna check it out!
Synthus

Post by Synthus »

encrypted12345 wrote:
Merlyn_LeRoy wrote: I guess they just hate 4chan so much they can't stand seeing reference to it even in a negative context."
*cringe* I... learned that first hand actually. I just casually said, "Just because someone lurks on 4chan doesn't mean that you should ostracize them" on their forums and err... David Wong went berserk. I left after that.

Got a link?

I'm quite amused by how the 'mainstream' internet despises 4chan while lapping up any memes they crap out. It's come to the point where I use 4chan as a litmus test for ignorance and idiocy: if someone goes 'EURGH' instead of 'yeah, that place has some weird shit, but I browse [insert subboards] because there can be some good discussion', I write the person off as an imbecile.
Xiious

Post by Xiious »

Gandara wrote:But how many of them have half-dog cop Nazi girls?

DOWN BOII!!
encrypted12345

Post by encrypted12345 »

Synthus wrote:
encrypted12345 wrote:

Got a link?

I'm quite amused by how the 'mainstream' internet despises 4chan while lapping up any memes they crap out. It's come to the point where I use 4chan as a litmus test for ignorance and idiocy: if someone goes 'EURGH' instead of 'yeah, that place has some weird shit, but I browse [insert subboards] because there can be some good discussion', I write the person off as an imbecile.
Since you asked...

They... just aren't worth the trouble of raging about.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

So you think everyone who doesn't think you can find some good discussions on 4chan is an imbecile? Wow, thanks a lot.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Synthus

Post by Synthus »

Yep, or they haven't looked in the right places. I'll leave you to decide which category you fall into, with the reminder to you that KS is the product of a 4chan discussion too.

Seriously though, it's pretty damned clear that I was contrasting an intolerant and ignorant response with the response of a reasoned person capable of nuance in their opinions. If you wish to take offense at that, please do. And shit, '...I use 4chan as a litmus test for ignorance and idiocy: ...' should've made this patently obvious.
encrypted12345 wrote: They... just aren't worth the trouble of raging about.
I cracked up when I read the next post.
Judge people as individuals.
Some people think bile and venom can substitute for an actual argument.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Synthus wrote:Yep, or they haven't looked in the right places. I'll leave you to decide which category you fall into, with the reminder to you that KS is the product of a 4chan discussion...
Well, you probably can find good discussions there, but after spending the better part of half an hour there and finding nothing but juvelile dick jokes and spamming, I decided I could spend my time better participating in discussions elsewhere than searching for them on 4chan...
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Synthus

Post by Synthus »

Really, it depends on which sub-boards you frequent. 4chan is not a giant monolithic entity.

I'm a regular of /tg/, /fit/ and KS & Mass Effect general threads on /vg/, and I can state without reservation that /tg/ is a tremendously helpful board if you approach them in the right way. /fit/ and /vg/ tend to be far more prone to circlejerking, though if you can get past the chaff there's still a fair amount of good information to be gleaned.

I can't comment on the others, though I have heard that /lit/ is an elitist echo chamber prone that idolizes books requiring intensive mental calisthenics to comprehend.
Dr. Robotnik

Re: Anybody else disappointed Katawa Shoujo didn't make Crac

Post by Dr. Robotnik »

/b/ is bad, 4chan is fine. The rest of 4chan doesn't even like /b/, they never want anyone to talk about anything on /b/ anywhere but /b/ because they're so retarded.
Emibro, [Hanabro], [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, [Two-timer]
MasterJHG

Re: Anybody else disappointed Katawa Shoujo didn't make Crac

Post by MasterJHG »

Well, I actully belive that the bad ending of rin will be something like she killling herself in the name of the art, and i belive it more because of her sex scene with Hisao,that happens after she stays in a quite lunatic state.....so maybe i think that they could crack a little with that...but we at last have the"manly picnick"

if she needs a prince, then I will be that prince
MasterJHG

Post by MasterJHG »

TheSongofRaven wrote:
Deadeye wrote:Have you played the one's on that list? They have that sort of title for a reason. First time I played YMK I had the case of 'wut' for like a week.
I played School Days too, but I get really frustrated because Makoto is a real ...... well son of.....you know, because I try to be faithful to Kotonoha, but he only starts to think in Sekai (I like her anyways XD), and always he made Kotonoha crys...good, what a ......

if she needs a prince, then I will be that prince