Did anyone else watch this?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Zombiedude101

Did anyone else watch this?

Post by Zombiedude101 »

It's Tombstone1300's walkthrough of Rin's path, and whilst it isn't serious I found it quite hilarious at certain points. Anyone else watch it?
I support Snoozu.
Userbar made by theartificial.
PikKirby

Re: Did anyone else watch this?

Post by PikKirby »

Playthroughs =/= Katawa Shoujo
ImageImageImageImageImage
Scissors110

Post by Scissors110 »

PikKirby wrote:Playthroughs =/= Katawa Shoujo
Have to agree with this. I can see watching playthroughs if you've accomplished everything else in the game and are just looking for anything KS related, but otherwise... I personally don't want to experience KS through the mind and verbalized thoughts of someone. That's just me, glad you got a kick out of it :)
100% Game Completion!
Character: Lilly>Emi>Hanako>Shizune>Rin
Story: Lilly>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Shizune
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Mirrormn

Post by Mirrormn »

PikKirby wrote:Playthroughs =/= Katawa Shoujo
("=/=" != "≠") && ("=/=" != "!=")
Katawa Shoujo OST Transcriptions and Arrangements: Consolidated list

Katawa Shoujo Music Index and Table of Contents

Game completion: 100% several times over
Favorite route: Rin
Insights on Rin | Insights on Shizune
Gandara

Post by Gandara »

(("=/=" != "≠") && ("=/=" != "!=")) = ಠ_ಠ
Diet / Exercise Tracker:
Original weight (1/1/12): 400 lbs. // Target weight: ??? lbs. // Current (1/28/13): 344 lbs. // Total lost: 56 lbs.
Current exercise: Workout 3-4x a week: jogging, weights
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies." - Andy Dufresne, "The Shawshank Redemption"
Brogurt

Post by Brogurt »

>walkthrough
>of a VN
Dr. Robotnik

Post by Dr. Robotnik »

LPing a VN is the only thing worse than LPing an MMORPG.
Emibro, [Hanabro], [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, [Two-timer]
ShadeHaven

Post by ShadeHaven »

I'm thankful for lets plays, otherwise I would have never found this VN. Consider that, I definitively would not experience this type of 'game' through a commentator's video/point of view. After having played each girl's path at least twice, I can't express how annoyed I get sometimes when a commentator says something about the character that is completely false, or indicative of that person's lack of understand of the girl. I'd rather have a serious attitude going into a visual novel such as KS, just because of the quality of each path.
Roamin12

Post by Roamin12 »

I haven't seen it yet, although now it is on my radar and I'll probably give it a shot some other time. Personally I wouldn't watch a walk through of it until you finish the game, which I have. But then again the whole I found KS was from ChilledChaos's play through. (But I did play and 100% the game before he finished act 1.)
First Play through: Lilly>Hanako>Emi>Rin>Shizune
Second Play Through: Hanako>Rin>Lilly>Shizune>Emi
I'm a music enthusiast.
themocaw

Post by themocaw »

Roamin12 wrote:But then again the whole I found KS was from ChilledChaos's play through. (But I did play and 100% the game before he finished act 1.)
I like Chilled Chaos' walkthrough because he doesn't just read the story out loud to us, he's also entertaining and honestly kinda hilarious on his own.

Like when he acts out busting into Emi's room with a gun and shooting terrorists, or sings Katawa Shoujo. . . not a virgin. . ..

The latter is especially hilarious knowing what's going to happen next. . . and yes, Chilled goes from gleeful about Hisao getting some to horrified when he realizes just what a bad idea having sex with Hanako was.

In short: I like Chilled Chaos' walkthrough because he's ONE OF US.
ShadeHaven

Post by ShadeHaven »

themocaw wrote:I like Chilled Chaos' walkthrough because he doesn't just read the story out loud to us, he's also entertaining and honestly kinda hilarious on his own.

Like when he acts out busting into Emi's room with a gun and shooting terrorists, or sings Katawa Shoujo. . . not a virgin. . ..

The latter is especially hilarious knowing what's going to happen next. . . and yes, Chilled goes from gleeful about Hisao getting some to horrified when he realizes just what a bad idea having sex with Hanako was.

In short: I like Chilled Chaos' walkthrough because he's ONE OF US.
I still find my self getting annoyed by him when he doesn't understand something completely obvious or something along those lines, but that's probably what happens when you've completed the VN at least twice. Also, I've thought just about everything he has over the course of my own playthroughs so I can't really be too annoyed by the little things. I'm just thankful he takes his sweet time putting out videos, otherwise I would have just watched him and never tried it myself.
yummines

Post by yummines »

Ehh personally i dont like watching Let's Play videos. Usually i only do so when its a game i never heard of and i cant find any other footage. Games like LSD Dream Emulator
Snow_Storm

Post by Snow_Storm »

The only person I would watch do a LP of Katawa Shoujo is HCBailey and even then, I don't think he would be in VNs.
Pickman's Model

Post by Pickman's Model »

Do I wanna watch people do shitty voice acting and crack reddit/9gag-tier LOL SO LE RANDUM xDD!!! "jokes"?

Even if some of these "let's plays" don't include the aforementioned bile, the dudes playing almost always try to act all "PEPPY N' WITTY"(which usually involves putting on a "funny" voice) in an attempt to add a certain charm to the thing, but ultimately fail to be anything other than an annoyance.

If you aren't charming and endearing by nature, you're not gonna make a successful "let's player". People generally don't watch "let's plays" for the gameplay footage itself, but because they like the personalities behind them - if you're just another attentionwhore, that's gonna come through in your videos.
R.I.P B.O'R
"He overdosed on patriotism."
-André 3000