Misguided love

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

yummines

Misguided love

Post by yummines »

so i was reading this (read all 5 parts) and kind of reminded me how in Hanako's bad ending she arguably feels worse than before she met Hisao.

So i have to ask, any particular moment or simply something you've seen where due to love being misguided the person actually ends up worse?
Redbullet612

Re: Misguided love

Post by Redbullet612 »

What did I... just... what?
I... I need to process this.

And I can't say I have,
Wait, no. Yeah, it's happened. I turned down a girl who asked me out when I was blinded by my love for another in Grade 12. Then, weeks later I ended up getting mad at her for smoking pot and lying to me about it. She stopped talking to me, and ended up doing more drugs from what I heard from the people I know who she hung out with. I've since lost touch with her. Still feel bad about that, though. Nothing like the feeling of thinking you could have helped someone, but instead you only made things worse...
God damn it, now I need to go watch something happy. >:|

All better.
nemz

Post by nemz »

Wow... that had to be some master-class trolling.
Rin > Shizune > Emi > Hanako > Lilly
Total Destruction

Post by Total Destruction »

Almost every relationship I've ever had has been like this for one or both parties. The one time I've ever felt like the both of us were significantly better people right from the get-go was a rather unconventional friends-with-benefits thing that initially wierded the hell outta me, but somehow became this amazing thing, both physically and spiritually. Says a whole lot about me that the one relationship that wasn't a complete screw-up was one without commitment, hahah.
... Danger.
Razzledazzle12

Post by Razzledazzle12 »

Dear god, I hope that Denko guy was just an amazing troll...

But yeah, my first "relationship" was pretty bad. It was in high school and I always thought of myself as that guy who'd never hurt a woman. Yeah, I was wrong.

I became really close with my friend's sister. I had a thing for her, but considering she had a boyfriend, I shrugged off the feelings and accepted the budding friendship. Eventually we were speaking on the phone until midnight pretty regularly. I just assumed I was so deep in that place that's so deep in the zone you'd have to call it the "friend gulag" But nope, she eventually dropped the bomb that she liked me.

Like an idiot, I responded with enthusiasm. My thoughts on it were pretty much that if she was happy with her current relationship, she wouldn't be talking to me like this. I thought to myself, "It's my turn to pursue this sort of happiness. No more waiting. If he's not treating her well, I'll save her from him." I fabricated that last part up a little bit. She complained to me about her then boyfriend's lack of attention and I rationalized that it was reason enough to try to take her from him.

So things moved along. We were a secret, though it was ill-kept. I spoke about it in my livejournal (this was back in the day before blogging was a thing so I didn't even consider privacy settings). Somehow her boyfriend found out and yeah... She was upset, he was upset, I was upset, and other people around us started to notice the change in our behavior. Rumors began and she felt like she was losing friends (don't worry, she really wasn't though, it was just in her head).

-This is where my post becomes relevant.- Edit: okay you know what, it's only vaguely relevant, I just wanted to tell the story.

At this point the situation was sensitive. I did a terrible job at acknowledging that. While I did feel it, I went about it the wrong way- passionately. I apologized about my livejournal and how ignorant I was with it. I spoke to her about how things weren't that bad, and how her friend's are still there despite the rumors. She just told me that we were done and that she needed time to herself.

Enter Denko-mode

So I gave her time... but only two days... because at the time it felt like an eternity, so I had to call her. Then I texted. And yeah, I was getting that silent treatment. I almost turned into that Denko guy, but then she answered the phone. I insisted on speaking about what was going on and what had happened. She felt that everything that needed to be said was said, and that things were just over. She wanted to salvage what she had with her boyfriend but hoped that we could be at least a little close to what we were before as friends. Begrudgingly I accepted this, but only for a night. The next day I mulled over what happened and just couldn't get myself to think, "hey, I should let this one go. It's too messed up" Nope, I just kept thinking, "You can't let this go. When will you have another chance at this? You need to show how much she means to you!" Good god...

So I pushed myself on her. I brought everything up again and insisted that so long as we keep speaking and keep trying, there's a chance for us. It felt like a part of her was with me, but it really wasnt. She was tired, and I just kept insisting... to no avail

-end of relevance-

Eventually we went to being "friends". It was that place you go after the relationship ends badly but you want to hold that pretense up for all of your other friends. It's supposed to be good, but it's incredibly empty.
I was still good with her family, and eventually I learned that she cheated on her boyfriend again with someone else in our circle of friends. ...She lost some friends with that one.

Yeah, not quite relevant but well... kinda, sorta...
"My curry is the sh**. Good black sh**" - Garterbelt
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

I had a blast reading this. It's a bit sad that A-Ko is the most believable character in the whole story... :-)
Not sure what the whole thing has to do with Hanako (or KS for that matter).
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Lolzster

Post by Lolzster »

when I read all 5 parts I was just like... omg the guy is so stupid to the point its believable. I thought it was a really good story about a guy who worked hard for a girlfriend though he was a bit of a tw*t at times. I would have liked more about what happened if it was true because I'm sure that there was more to that than what was posted.

Again agree that I don't see much of a KS link here but I loved the story and the number of people who were just slagging him off for being stupid :)
ImageImage
Favourite routes: Lilly>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Shizune

Most Feels in route: Lilly>Emi>Hanako>Rin (frustration doesn't count as feels)> Shizune

Yes I love Lilly and hate Shizune... deal with it :)
Dr. Robotnik

Post by Dr. Robotnik »

That was actually worse than Hisao's faggotry in Rin's storyline.
Emibro, [Hanabro], [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, [Two-timer]
Lolzster

Post by Lolzster »

Dr. Robotnik wrote:That was actually worse than Hisao's faggotry in Rin's storyline.
agreed

just curious... who was shouting in the screen: SHE HATES YOU... GET IT INTO YOUR HEAD while reading?
ImageImage

Most Feels in route: Lilly>Emi>Hanako>Rin (frustration doesn't count as feels)> Shizune

Gandara

Post by Gandara »

Lolzster wrote:just curious... who was shouting in the screen: SHE HATES YOU... GET IT INTO YOUR HEAD while reading?
I was shouting "PUT IT IN!" - unfortunately Hisao never really got the point.
Diet / Exercise Tracker:
Original weight (1/1/12): 400 lbs. // Target weight: ??? lbs. // Current (1/28/13): 344 lbs. // Total lost: 56 lbs.
Current exercise: Workout 3-4x a week: jogging, weights
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies." - Andy Dufresne, "The Shawshank Redemption"
Lolzster

Post by Lolzster »

Gandara wrote:
Lolzster wrote:just curious... who was shouting in the screen: SHE HATES YOU... GET IT INTO YOUR HEAD while reading?
I was shouting "PUT IT IN!" - unfortunately Hisao never really got the point.
I was referring to the blog post not the game :)
ImageImage

Gandara

Post by Gandara »

Lolzster wrote:I was referring to the blog post not the game :)
Oh. My bad.
Diet / Exercise Tracker:
Original weight (1/1/12): 400 lbs. // Target weight: ??? lbs. // Current (1/28/13): 344 lbs. // Total lost: 56 lbs.
Current exercise: Workout 3-4x a week: jogging, weights
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies." - Andy Dufresne, "The Shawshank Redemption"