Czech Translate

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Pnsh

Czech Translate

Post by Pnsh »

I had a question, we are working on a translation into Czech? My English isnt best: D and I would like to play the game in Czech. :)
Thanks for answer. :)
mnbvcxz11

Re: Czech Translate

Post by mnbvcxz11 »

Hanako>Lilly>Rin=Emi=Shizune
i can't really write in english, i am not native english speaker, sorry :c
Alexbond45

Post by Alexbond45 »

Looks like the closest you get is Russian, Though I know Russian and Czech are both slavic languages, I believe there are differences, Probably the English/German type Difference (If you've ever compared English and German, there are several Similarities, they are both Germanic Languages)
B.Deese wrote:There are two types of people, those who are ignorant, and those who are stupid, ignorant people do it wrong and don't know it's wrong, stupid people do it wrong and know it's wrong. Don't be Stupid!
Marching Band starts back up soon. HOO-AH!
MY CODE:
1-Every Day is a New Day! 2-Never Give Up 3-Never stop being Positive 4-Marching Band FTW! 5-Be Nice to everyone.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Dfinitely not enough similarities to read a VN and understand it, but I think many czechs learn russian as a foreign language at school. Used to at least...e
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
mnbvcxz11

Post by mnbvcxz11 »

Alexbond45 wrote:Looks like the closest you get is Russian, Though I know Russian and Czech are both slavic languages, I believe there are differences, Probably the English/German type Difference (If you've ever compared English and German, there are several Similarities, they are both Germanic Languages)
Aww, no D:

Too much differences + freakin' cyrillic alphabet man.

IT'S LIKE HIEROGLYPHS
NoOne3

Post by NoOne3 »

Yup. I'ts quite not like States here in Europe. I bet I could ask for a directions somewhere in Czech, or Slovakia (I'm Polish) with lots of handwaving, but to read an elaborate, emotionally engaging story like KS? Not likely. And different alphabets are not making this any easier.
Polish translation team also disbanded without results, even before full game was released, and after that I've read only those teams that had done chapter one had the official blessing. I guess, if some organisation wizard pulled together a team, they could try to convince Devs letting them do the translation in any language... Still it's probably the case of making the effort believable to those upstairs, and some licence matters take a part in that.

As I can see your best bet is to improve your english. It ain't hard if you put your mind to it.
Last edited by NoOne3 on Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
mnbvcxz11

Post by mnbvcxz11 »

NoOne3 wrote: As I can see your best bet is to improve your english. It ain't hard if you put your mind to it.
Yep, he's totally right. Wish you luck, man :D
Pickman's Model

Post by Pickman's Model »

Even though scandinavian schools teach english on every level, I learned english solely by watching TV and playing video games.

... all the english teachers I've ever had were awful.

Play more video games, I guess - mainstream TV nowadays is cancerous.
R.I.P B.O'R
"He overdosed on patriotism."
-André 3000