If Katawa Shoujo was an anime...

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

yummines

If Katawa Shoujo was an anime...

Post by yummines »

Get ready, it's time for another hypothetical question!

What would the opening and ending songs be if KS was an anime (much like how Air and Kanon were adapted from visual novels)?

for me it would be
Clazziquai - She Loves You (OP)
and
Nobuchika Eri - Lights (ending)

yea i know the first song is korean and not japanese.
Okwm

Re: If Katawa Shoujo was an anime...

Post by Okwm »

I feel like your first choice is pretty well suited and I like it!
Mirrormn

Post by Mirrormn »

I know you're looking for non-OST songs here, but I simply couldn't imagine Katawa Shoujo starting without Wiosna playing. That song is so ingrained in my mind as a trigger to think "Calm down, open up, pay attention, and remove the protective wrappings of cynicism around your heart; it's Katawa Shoujo time". They'd have to jazz it up a little and probably add some lyrics to make it fit a broadcasted anime, of course.

So actually, the opening song would probably be closer to Hokabi (which is itself just an up-beat version of Wiosna), and then they could use Wiosna as the closing song.
Katawa Shoujo OST Transcriptions and Arrangements: Consolidated list

Katawa Shoujo Music Index and Table of Contents

Game completion: 100% several times over
Favorite route: Rin
Insights on Rin | Insights on Shizune
Brogurt

Post by Brogurt »

For the opening,

For the closing... hell, let's just loop the aforementioned for the entire episode.
newnar

Post by newnar »

Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

Wiosna; only with vocals or made a little upbeat.

...maybe make it a little CLANNAD-ish.

Ending........i don't know, parity jam?
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
minkus

Post by minkus »

I agree, Wiosna would make a great opening, but I think Damage should be used at least once.

For the ED, it seems the popular thing to do is let Supercell write something new. Also, for character specific endings, use their main theme, or in Lily's case use a mix of Sarabande.

Kenji: I wear a hat now.
ShadeHaven

Post by ShadeHaven »

I think Parity would kind of work, but i'm not too familiar with anime and its musical properties. It just sounds like a nice opening song to me.
inquisitivenegro

Post by inquisitivenegro »

Opening would be a beat remix of wiosna
ending depends on the theme of the anime
$50 says I live more South than all of you
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

minkus wrote:I agree, Wiosna would make a great opening, but I think Damage should be used at least once.

For the ED, it seems the popular thing to do is let Supercell write something new. Also, for character specific endings, use their main theme, or in Lily's case use a mix of Sarabande.
minkus wrote:Supercell write something new

SUPERCELL YES SUPERCELL!!! YEEEEAAAAAHHH!!!! I LOVE THAT BAND!! :D :D :D

SHII-HAEL!
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Lolzster

Post by Lolzster »

yeah it would have to be an upbeat verison of wiosna for me to start. plus some lyrics to add to the mood

I like the idea of it ending with parity jam although the transition from a moment of feels-----> COME ON LET'S SLAM would be weird but cool
ImageImage
Favourite routes: Lilly>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Shizune

Most Feels in route: Lilly>Emi>Hanako>Rin (frustration doesn't count as feels)> Shizune

Yes I love Lilly and hate Shizune... deal with it :)
Beefcube

Post by Beefcube »

Megumeru wrote:Ending........i don't know, parity jam?
Lolzster wrote:I like the idea of it ending with parity jam although the transition from a moment of feels-----> COME ON LET'S SLAM would be weird but cool
"From her eyes I could see that she didn't even need to say anything. There were no more words for us. She turned around and walked off without looking back. All around me, the world kept changing, little by little, but I was left standing there. The sun dropped below the horizon, casting long and thin shadows across the street. In the waning light, Rin's distancing back seemed to be like from a faraway dream. The gap between us grew slowly. The ripples on the puddles she stepped on expanded until they met the limits of their tiny existence and disappeared without a trace. Her words stayed frozen deep inside my heart..."

"EVERYBODY GET UP, IT'S TIME TO SLAM NOW. WE GOT A REAL JAM GOING DOWN, WELCOME TO THE SPACE JAM, IT'S YOUR CHANCE DO YOUR DANCE AT THE SPACE JAM, ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT"
DH531

Post by DH531 »

Brogurt wrote:For the opening,

For the closing... hell, let's just loop the aforementioned for the entire episode.
Haha Nice idea for the OP, I love that song XD

For me, this song:
I don't know why but when I listened to it I just thought of Katawa Shoujo and even envisioned how the OP would look like :) The lyrics are really nice too (From what google translate gave me hehe)
minkus wrote:I agree, Wiosna would make a great opening, but I think Damage should be used at least once.

Yes I like this idea, I love supercell XD
Snow_Storm

Post by Snow_Storm »

For the opening theme for hte anime, I would imagine it will be this:

The opening of this series really reminds me of KS in terms of each girl finding love (or one girl, I stand correct) despite their short comings due to their disablitity.

And the ending

More so because it's a lovely tune, a resolution for the girl until the next episode

The final episode's ending credits theme should be this, depending on which arc is canon:

A tune of true love, really perfect for characters like Hanako or Rin.

And if the series end on a bad ending:
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

Snow_Storm wrote:For the opening theme for hte anime, I would imagine it will be this:

The opening of this series really reminds me of KS in terms of each girl finding love (or one girl, I stand correct) despite their short comings due to their disablitity.

And the ending

More so because it's a lovely tune, a resolution for the girl until the next episode

The final episode's ending credits theme should be this, depending on which arc is canon:

A tune of true love, really perfect for characters like Hanako or Rin.

And if the series end on a bad ending:
uhh...are you suggesting the girls were to go to Hinamizawa and went on a psychotic killing-spree per-episode?

SHII-HAEL!