Hanako's Good Ending (Spoilers!)

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Scissors110

Hanako's Good Ending (Spoilers!)

Post by Scissors110 »

So I just finished Hanako's good ending, and I had to look it up to make sure it was actually the good ending. It was super sweet how they finally confessed to each other, and how Hanako kissed Hisao in the street because she wanted to. After hearing how amazing her arc was, I guess my hopes were a bit too high. I wanted to see more, I wanted to see how they were in their studies during an actual relationship, and I wanted to see how other characters like Lilly/Yuuko would react to the news. Lilly's path seemed to be a LOT longer, and I just felt like Hanako's ended rather abruptly.

Sorry for the small wall of spoiler tags there, but I don't want to let anything slip to those who haven't completed Hanako's arc yet. I guess this post is rather pointless, but I was just wondering if maybe I missed something in the story that tells otherwise, other than foreshadowing.
100% Game Completion!
Character: Lilly>Emi>Hanako>Shizune>Rin
Story: Lilly>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Shizune
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
horizon

Re: Hanako's Good Ending (Spoilers!)

Post by horizon »

Most players seem to feel much the same way as you about Hanako's arc. The length and pacing of the story is often brought up, and there are good arguments both for and against on whether it should have ended where it does or carried on a bit further.
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

That's what fan fiction is for.

Anyway, most people probably agree that it would have been wonderful to see Hanako grow some more and have more happy moments...she of all people deserves them in spades. But the main argument for ending the route when it ended...namely at the end of the main conflict, is a pretty convincing one. From a storytelling perspective, it ended at the right time...additional scenes would have caused the route to fizzle out rather than ending with a bang. It could have done with an epilogue, but ultimately that kiss was a pretty good way to send them off.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

It would have been nice to see more, but I can't really think of anything else that the story needed.

I think the way it ended gave it a nice sense of "everything is just going to work out fine," and felt much stronger than most if not all of the other girls good endings.
Not Dead Yet
Fretless

Post by Fretless »

Oddball wrote:It would have been nice to see more, but I can't really think of anything else that the story needed.

I think the way it ended gave it a nice sense of "everything is just going to work out fine," and felt much stronger than most if not all of the other girls good endings.
Agreed. Hanako's ending is my favorite of them all. I tear up every time. The last picture, and the way it zooms out just says "Oh yeah. This. Is what happily ever after is."
MasterJHG

Post by MasterJHG »

Fretless wrote:
Oddball wrote:It would have been nice to see more, but I can't really think of anything else that the story needed.

Agreed. Hanako's ending is my favorite of them all. I tear up every time. The last picture, and the way it zooms out just says "Oh yeah. This. Is what happily ever after is."
I'm also agreed. I like see more, but there are a Lily's arc, in there you can see her bloom, even if not romantically interested, Hisao notes that and feels satisfied. And Lily says that it was because of him, for being her friend, most of you will agree with me when I say, if this was only because of thier frienship then in a closer relationship..*cough*, Hanako's route *cough*, the things will be better, well in the good ending , but you know what I mean.
Last edited by MasterJHG on Mon May 14, 2012 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

if she needs a prince, then I will be that prince
yummines

Post by yummines »

well at least you were not playing Rin's route.

that "good ending" seems at least a little bittersweet for it to be a good ending.

because while Hanako and HIsao confess their love to each other and treat each other like equals in her route Rin on the other hand potentially jeopardizes her art career, which she was pressured into in the first place. Also Hisao admits he doesn't understand her, and perhaps never will.

it seemed a bit sad to be a happy ending.
acewing905

Post by acewing905 »

I felt almost the same way. Granted, Hanako's good end was the first ever ending I got in KS. I hadn't even registered at the forums by then, and had no idea what to expect, as I hadn't heard other players' remarks either. But I didn't expect it to end then and there. Though, now that I think about it, that does seem the perfect way to end it. Her arc was about getting over her fears, and she finally does that, as she is not afraid to kiss Hisao in public. Only uncertainity is what will happen when Lilly moves to Scotland, assuming that happens in the future.
MasterJHG

Post by MasterJHG »

acewing905 wrote:I felt almost the same way. Granted, Hanako's good end was the first ever ending I got in KS. I hadn't even registered at the forums by then, and had no idea what to expect, as I hadn't heard other players' remarks either. But I didn't expect it to end then and there. Though, now that I think about it, that does seem the perfect way to end it. Her arc was about getting over her fears, and she finally does that, as she is not afraid to kiss Hisao in public. Only uncertainity is what will happen when Lilly moves to Scotland, assuming that happens in the future.
This Happens the first time she has to go, Hanako's route finish before Lily's return, so that will be a time line like of six or seven months.

Lily's route has a time line between one year or one year and a half (including the epilogue).

Shizune's ruote it's longer, basically, finish a bit before thier prom, so it's about two years. With this obviously we can't see more of Hanako, because her story line it's way too much shorter, then again, seeing the thigs from Lily's route works for me :D

if she needs a prince, then I will be that prince