I absolutely love Lilly! My first play-through and ending!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Lolzster

Re: I absolutely love Lilly! My first play-through and endin

Post by Lolzster »

hectoramrit wrote:
Lolzster wrote:did you get that before the good?
I played through every route without consulting a guide my first time making choices as I would have made them. My first game ended with Hanako's good ending, followed by Lilly's neutral. I actually fell in love with Lilly during Hanako's story. So I ended up being quite depressed for a couple weeks after that ending before picking the game back up.
Ooh I see, if you did get neutral first it does hit you pretty hard albeit not as hard as some of the other bad endings. Thankfully, I got the good first and I was so glad to see it play out
ImageImage
Favourite routes: Lilly>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Shizune

Most Feels in route: Lilly>Emi>Hanako>Rin (frustration doesn't count as feels)> Shizune

Yes I love Lilly and hate Shizune... deal with it :)
EveryoneHasDamage

Post by EveryoneHasDamage »

I think that Hisao's condition is emphasised more in Lilly's route for dramatic purposes, so it's not like Lilly is leading to Hisao's premature death. After all, he has sex in every story, and each encounter could have killed him off.

Lilly is hardly addicted to anything. She likes some things, and indulges in them.

I like to think that Lilly was indecisive about her returning to her family, not abusing Hisao's feelings for shits and giggles. That said, that whole aspect of the story strikes me as injecting external drama for no good reason. No one even asks Hisao if he'd be willing to travel to Scotland with Lilly. I mean, he'd probably not like to since he's so bad at English, but at least it wouldn't feel like no one even thought of the option.
Walrusfella

Post by Walrusfella »

ravenlord wrote:In this case I think YMMV, depending on each player's world view, if Lilly is selfishly helping Hanako or selflessly doing so.
For certain. I never realized Lilly was such a divisive character. I suppose that evidence enough that she isn't perfect.

I'm not going to say your interpretation's wrong, I'll just say that I like mine better. :)
Half Marathon with Emi: Complete!
Bridge to 10k with Emi: Complete!
Couch to 5k with Emi: Complete!
Titus

Post by Titus »

Jeez, I'm forgetting things in KS because of fanfic. I don't remember it ever being brought up explicitly, and many people here gave their own reasons, but...Lilly didn't tell Hisao about her moving to Scotland because?...

I figure if you love someone and "never ever" want them to go away, you'd tell them right, and stay? Hisao said it was because he was never there for her but that can't be all of it. I know partly it's because Lilly is a selfless person that will follow her parents instructions even if she hates it but there's something else isn't there?
What if life had a soundtrack similar to Katawa Shoujo's ?
turbulentDuvet

Post by turbulentDuvet »

I loved the Lilly arc, and something I rarely see mentioned is the Lilly arcs FMV. Where Akira suddenly fades in and out as Lilly.

imo this shows that Lilly was conflicted as to where her heart lies quite early on in the story, unsure what she wanted to do, whether following her heart, or filial piety was more important to her. Just my 2 pennies.
People are like chemicals, they only need to come together once and they can change eachother forever.
Alexbond45

Post by Alexbond45 »

Lilly hit me the hardest out of all of them, like, it was HARD. Spring Break=Ruined.

Also, Lilly was the Un-Jappiest of them all. And I really don't like Japs all too much. Because for me I dislike Krauts Japs and Yankees.

Anyway, she reflects on my own personality in a way.

But really, I honestly have no idea why after that. I really can't go through another roudn of that and I haven't finished every route because of stuff like that ending.
I'm generally oversensitive about love stories, which is why I hate them. However, constant war stories get boring, because you start predicting the outcome based on tactics.
B.Deese wrote:There are two types of people, those who are ignorant, and those who are stupid, ignorant people do it wrong and don't know it's wrong, stupid people do it wrong and know it's wrong. Don't be Stupid!
Marching Band starts back up soon. HOO-AH!
MY CODE:
1-Every Day is a New Day! 2-Never Give Up 3-Never stop being Positive 4-Marching Band FTW! 5-Be Nice to everyone.
mysterycycle

Post by mysterycycle »

turbulentDuvet wrote:I loved the Lilly arc, and something I rarely see mentioned is the Lilly arcs FMV. Where Akira suddenly fades in and out as Lilly.

imo this shows that Lilly was conflicted as to where her heart lies quite early on in the story, unsure what she wanted to do, whether following her heart, or filial piety was more important to her. Just my 2 pennies.
This sums up what I think about the Lilly arc. Nemz makes some good arguments, but I would counter that Lilly, being a human being with conflicting desires (and a teenager, at that!), doesn't always behave in the wisest or most consistent way, and sometimes the decisions she thinks are the most compassionate - mothering Hanako, trying to keep her break-up with Hisao clean and dignified - aren't. And given her "proper and refined" traditional upbringing, I can see how she would sincerely believe that it was her obligation to put blood before friends. Akira resents their parents for their decisions, but even she still works in the family business and displays some of the same sense of obligation that Lilly does, going so far as to break up with her boyfriend to return to Scotland. I think Akira and Lilly aren't as dissimilar as they might appear...

Let's assume for the sake of argument that Lilly knows she's going back to Scotland by the time she invites Hisao and Hanako to Hokkaido. I can imagine that she's decided to make the best of a bad situation, and have one final memorable experience with the two of them so that they can all have a fond memory of their friendship. She knows that she may have sex with Hisao - thus taking protection - and that, too, will give both of them something pleasant to remember about their relationship (at this point I don't know if she's even considered the fact that it could be fatal for him, and of course she didn't realize he wasn't taking his medication). She's resigned to the fact that it can't last, so she means for it to end in as pleasant a way as she can manage, saving the bad news until the very last moment. It may be that she shouldn't have done this if she really wanted to end the relationship, but since in her heart she didn't want to end the relationship, she probably rationalized the whole thing to herself to allow her to take this trip with them.

But then Hisao has his heart flutter, and the thought of him dying proves to be too much for Lilly's reserved demeanor to handle. She breaks down emotionally in his arms and confesses how much she loves him. To her, this is a lapse in her good judgment, because it goes entirely against what she'd been planning, but we recognize it as being a bit of her self-built wall breaking down, and a good thing. The vehemence of her confession may also be that inner voice finally speaking out, pleading for Hisao to keep her from leaving. She spends the rest of that trip allowing herself to live in the fantasy that she and Hisao could just stay together; in that house up in Hokkaido, it was probably very easy for her to pretend that they didn't all have obligations awaiting them back in the mainland.

Eventually, upon returning to Yamaku, she "disciplines" herself back into her previous plan, thinking it's the best for everyone involved, but of course her feelings continue to fight against that decision, and she might even keep making excuses to herself about when she's going to tell Hisao, putting it off again and again because she really doesn't want to. When Hisao brings it up, his reaction to Lilly may have convinced her that the relationship's as good as over, anyway, and might even think he probably hates her for appearing to string him along.

I don't think Lilly was being deliberately cruel or even selfish, in a conscious way. She had been raised to believe that dignified women handle things a certain way, and that she should try to minimize any discomfort or awkwardness others might feel. Between that and her natural motherly tendency to put the wants of others before her own, I think she honestly believed she was making the most compassionate choice in a very difficult situation.

Anyway, LackadaisicalFellow, I'm really glad you enjoyed the Lilly arc so much. Sometimes I feel badly that I couldn't be the man Lilly needs, because I'm quite fond of her. :D
You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person.
ImageImage
Couch to 5k with Emi: WD123 W2D123 W3D123 W4D123 W5D123 W6D123 W7D123 W8D123 W9D123
I'm making a Katawa Shoujo doujinshi!
My deviantArt
Alexbond45

Post by Alexbond45 »

I think the main Reason I like Lilly is her Discipline. It fits my Outward Personality. The Sensitive Person with a hard shell of Discipline. When you learn that you need to be able to stand still holding a 15 pound piece of metal for 30 Minutes, You learn Discipline. Oh yes there is pain. It is worth it, though.

I am also an odd nut to crack, Some things crack me better than others. Insults have bounced off like a 75 mm on Tiger II Armor, while sad stories make me feel bad. I usually don't show it, because if you don't show weakness, then there is nothing to exploit. =/
B.Deese wrote:There are two types of people, those who are ignorant, and those who are stupid, ignorant people do it wrong and don't know it's wrong, stupid people do it wrong and know it's wrong. Don't be Stupid!
Marching Band starts back up soon. HOO-AH!
MY CODE:
1-Every Day is a New Day! 2-Never Give Up 3-Never stop being Positive 4-Marching Band FTW! 5-Be Nice to everyone.
Yellow 13

Post by Yellow 13 »

Oh boy,another oner for Lilly

Like I said in my first post here

I played Lilly's path fist, managed to get the good ending, and I must say OH GOD MY FEELS MAN, MY FEELS. Specially how everything goes downhill since "Farewell" and then how Hisao goes "Fuck this shit" so he decides to chase her and well I wont spoil any more but it was roller-coaster of FEELS
Also, I loved how the Act 2 video foreshadows everything.
Final conclusion: 5/5 Lilly waifu of the year, all years

also, After the heart attack you are in a hospital room, all alone, back to square one. but then suddenly the music box and FEELS, FEELS EVERYWHERE
When the war, has been won
And our march home begins
What awaits has not yet been revealed
What was won? what was lost?
Will our deeds be remembered?
Are they written on stone or in sand?

Zanato

Post by Zanato »

I finished the ending with Lilly around an hour ago and bawled my eyes out. The anguish as she was leaving, followed by the hope brought about by the melody from that little wooden box and her approaching figure, ending in pure joy while gazing out at the countryside around Yamaku - :shock: - I must admit that the experience, while still being processed, was incredibly meaningful to me, and if I ever find anyone with such a temperament and personality, blind or otherwise, I do believe that would conclude my search for a mate.

As it stands, I am calming myself with a glass of wine. The 'feels' hit me like a truck, to the point that I became dizzy and needed to lie down for a while. Still a bit shocked at the extent to which I became emotionally invested.
Novangel

Post by Novangel »

EveryoneHasDamage wrote:I think that Hisao's condition is emphasised more in Lilly's route for dramatic purposes, so it's not like Lilly is leading to Hisao's premature death. After all, he has sex in every story, and each encounter could have killed him off.

Lilly is hardly addicted to anything. She likes some things, and indulges in them.

I like to think that Lilly was indecisive about her returning to her family, not abusing Hisao's feelings for shits and giggles. That said, that whole aspect of the story strikes me as injecting external drama for no good reason. No one even asks Hisao if he'd be willing to travel to Scotland with Lilly. I mean, he'd probably not like to since he's so bad at English, but at least it wouldn't feel like no one even thought of the option.
Alchohol and tea don't go well with heart medicine I don't think.
But yeah mostly it's for dramatic purposes.
9:23 PM - Shempo: Murder by penile stabbings
9:24 PM - Novangel: hmm
9:24 PM - Novangel: would it be murder if the victim enjoys it?
Walrusfella

Post by Walrusfella »

Zanato wrote:I finished the ending with Lilly around an hour ago and bawled my eyes out. The anguish as she was leaving, followed by the hope brought about by the melody from that little wooden box and her approaching figure, ending in pure joy while gazing out at the countryside around Yamaku - :shock: - I must admit that the experience, while still being processed, was incredibly meaningful to me, and if I ever find anyone with such a temperament and personality, blind or otherwise, I do believe that would conclude my search for a mate.

As it stands, I am calming myself with a glass of wine. The 'feels' hit me like a truck, to the point that I became dizzy and needed to lie down for a while. Still a bit shocked at the extent to which I became emotionally invested.
Lilly's path actually caused me to yell at the screen for joy. Double fist in the air, something like "f*** yes!". You know when. I was really glad there wasn't anyone at home just then. :oops:
Half Marathon with Emi: Complete!
Bridge to 10k with Emi: Complete!
Couch to 5k with Emi: Complete!
mysterycycle

Post by mysterycycle »

Ha ha ha... What's interesting to me is that Lilly's good ending isn't... Well, let me try to say this in a way that doesn't come across as insulting to writers or fans: it's a fairly standard romance-story climax. The last-minute decision, the chase to the airport, etc.; I can think of at least two romantic comedy movies off the top of my head that have it. And yet, despite this, playing through her path I had a very similar experience to others in this thread. Is it the first-person perspective that gives it such an impact? The fact that my choices made that ending possible? That's the only conclusion I can come to...
You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person.
ImageImage
Couch to 5k with Emi: WD123 W2D123 W3D123 W4D123 W5D123 W6D123 W7D123 W8D123 W9D123
I'm making a Katawa Shoujo doujinshi!
My deviantArt
Gandara

Post by Gandara »

Lilly's arc... a better romance story than Twilight.

OF COURSE, WHAT ISN'T?
Diet / Exercise Tracker:
Original weight (1/1/12): 400 lbs. // Target weight: ??? lbs. // Current (1/28/13): 344 lbs. // Total lost: 56 lbs.
Current exercise: Workout 3-4x a week: jogging, weights
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies." - Andy Dufresne, "The Shawshank Redemption"
ShadeHaven

Post by ShadeHaven »

Gandara wrote:Lilly's arc... a better romance story than Twilight.

OF COURSE, WHAT ISN'T?
Agreed. The short story between my shoe and a spider is a better romance story than Twilight.