I absolutely love Lilly! My first play-through and ending!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

ArazelEternal

Re: I absolutely love Lilly! My first play-through and endin

Post by ArazelEternal »

Yes, Lilly is absolutely wonderful. However, it is incredibly difficult for me to decide between her and Hanako being my favorite character.

Lilly has her flaws for sure, just as any other person does. She is beautiful, kind, warm, caring, and selfless. Perhaps a bit too selfless. She doesn't tell Hisao about her choice to permanently depart Japan, and even has him promise her that he would never leave her, which I don't really understand. Perhaps it was that she was looking for him to put up a real challenge to her decision, and would have chosen to stay based on that.

Hanako is sweet and shy to a fault, but she is strong behind all of that. If she wasn't, she would have killed herself along time ago. However she doesnt open up enough and let others know how she truly feels until it just explodes and comes out all at once (as I understand from what Ive heard about her bad ending, one I will never get as I don't know if my heart could take it.)

They both have their strengths and weakness. Please dont judge your favorite after being through only one route. After being through all the good endings, I still cant decide if I like Hanako or Lilly more, though I may lean slightly more towards Hanako. Emi's good route is wonderful as well, and so is Rin's. The only one I didn't really care for is Shizune's, though it too has its perks, though It just didn't do it as much for me as the others did. I wouldn't really say I didn't like hers at all, just not as much as the others.

Everyone will have characters that they like more and less than the others. My point is just don't base it on one route alone.

Lilly = Hanako, Emi, Rin, Shizune
I fell in love with Lilly and Hanako

You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be your Emiest.
Scissors110

Post by Scissors110 »

First off, welcome to the forum :) It's nice to see new people, considering I'm pretty new myself. My first playthrough also had me getting Lilly's good ending, and I completely share all of your emotions! After the drama with the heart attack, followed by Lilly returning to Hisao in the hospital, and not to mention so many other parts during her path, I was practically in tears the entire time. It took me roughly 2 days just to get back to reality after falling in love with her character. So glad to hear you enjoyed it!
100% Game Completion!
Character: Lilly>Emi>Hanako>Shizune>Rin
Story: Lilly>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Shizune
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
rydiafan

Post by rydiafan »

I already explain why i don't like Lilly in other threads so i wont go over it in great detail here

Lilly ( just like Shizune ) likes to be in control , i found Lilly path boring , Hanako only spread her wings when Lilly wasn't around to mother her all the time , Lilly lied to Hisao and the biggest reason is ... Lilly isn't Shizune
Enemy |

Post by Enemy | »

Lilly's route didn't have that much impact on me.
The best part (to me, of course) was seeing Hanako grow out of her shell.
LackadaisicalFellow

Post by LackadaisicalFellow »

Oddball wrote:Aww... Fellow, that's the find of enthusiasm that makes a guy feel all warm and fuzzy inside. I'm looking forwards to seeing your reaction to the other girls routes.

Lilly isn't my absolute favorite, but she's a strong second place.
Extremely warm and fuzzy. It's such a wonderful feeling! And yeah, hopefully I can get some time to start and finish the other routes.
Mirrormn wrote:To the OP: how do you feel about the fact that Lilly received the request to live in Scotland permanently before she went on vacation with Hanako and Hisao, and therefore pretty much based her entire relationship with Hisao on a lie (or at least the withholding of truth)? For example, when Lilly cries to Hisao and says "Don't go away, I beg of you. Never, ever go away. I love you, so please...!", she already knows that she is going to leave him. You seem to have a lot of positive things to say about Lilly, so I'm wondering what you think about her more negative qualities.
To be honest.. I don't know how I feel about this. I'll have to get back to you on this..
Scissors110 wrote:First off, welcome to the forum :) It's nice to see new people, considering I'm pretty new myself. My first playthrough also had me getting Lilly's good ending, and I completely share all of your emotions! After the drama with the heart attack, followed by Lilly returning to Hisao in the hospital, and not to mention so many other parts during her path, I was practically in tears the entire time. It took me roughly 2 days just to get back to reality after falling in love with her character. So glad to hear you enjoyed it!
Why thank you :] I'm still having trouble getting back to reality.. It might take me more than 2 days, lol.
ArazelEternal wrote:My point is just don't base it on one route alone.
Understood!
darkrei

Post by darkrei »

well,even if it is far from hanako's route IMO,lilly's route is still pretty great!

apart from that,I think that we can consider all the good endings as canons.
(even though,once again,I see hanako's route as the canon one! :D )

and nah lilly isn't a mary sue,she isn't really superior to the other characters.

Post by Guest »

Mirrormn wrote:To the OP: how do you feel about the fact that Lilly received the request to live in Scotland permanently before she went on vacation with Hanako and Hisao, and therefore pretty much based her entire relationship with Hisao on a lie (or at least the withholding of truth)? For example, when Lilly cries to Hisao and says "Don't go away, I beg of you. Never, ever go away. I love you, so please...!", she already knows that she is going to leave him. You seem to have a lot of positive things to say about Lilly, so I'm wondering what you think about her more negative qualities.
Having just finished Lilly's path and liking it the best of all, I'm pretty sure you are mistaken on one point. Lilly does NOT know she's going to leave Hisao during the vacation. The offer has been made, but at that point she is still trying to figure out what she's going to do. To me this explains how vehement she is about Hisao staying with her forever - if she isn't completely sure that he wants to stay with her forever, then that makes her decision easy. The game doesn't really explain exactly when she made the decision, just that it was a few days before he found out about it and asked her, but that was definitely after they got back.

I do agree that Lilly is horrible for Hisao's physical health :) Her "mothering" only extends to the mental side of things, she never even thinks of the physical except when it is thrust upon her.
Mirrormn

Post by Mirrormn »

Guest wrote:Lilly does NOT know she's going to leave Hisao during the vacation. The offer has been made, but at that point she is still trying to figure out what she's going to do. To me this explains how vehement she is about Hisao staying with her forever - if she isn't completely sure that he wants to stay with her forever, then that makes her decision easy. The game doesn't really explain exactly when she made the decision, just that it was a few days before he found out about it and asked her, but that was definitely after they got back.
True. I should have said "she is possibly going to leave him" instead of "she is going to leave him". I'll confess I was being slightly hyperbolic to evoke a response from the OP.

And actually, it's unclear that Lilly had even decided what she was going to do at the time Hisao confronted her about it. You can make a pretty good argument that she was, up until that point, still considering staying with Hisao, but the cold and passive aggressive attitude he displays during the conversation about her departure tips her towards rejoining her family. In fact, Hisao is the person who first clearly declares that Lilly will leave ("So... you're going."), not Lilly herself. He's kind of resigned to the idea before he even attempts to talk Lilly out of it. And when he does actually pour out his heart and beg her to stay (in the last scene in the hospital), it is shown that heartfelt persuasion is an effective method for changing her mind about the topic. So, Hisao kind of dropped the ball in that situation, and may have been able to avoid the entire situation if he communicated with Lilly better.
Katawa Shoujo OST Transcriptions and Arrangements: Consolidated list

Katawa Shoujo Music Index and Table of Contents

Game completion: 100% several times over
Favorite route: Rin
Insights on Rin | Insights on Shizune
horizon

Post by horizon »

Mirrormn wrote: And actually, it's unclear that Lilly had even decided what she was going to do at the time Hisao confronted her about it. You can make a pretty good argument that she was, up until that point, still considering staying with Hisao, but the cold and passive aggressive attitude he displays during the conversation about her departure tips her towards rejoining her family. In fact, Hisao is the person who first clearly declares that Lilly will leave ("So... you're going."), not Lilly herself. He's kind of resigned to the idea before he even attempts to talk Lilly out of it. And when he does actually pour out his heart and beg her to stay (in the last scene in the hospital), it is shown that heartfelt persuasion is an effective method for changing her mind about the topic. So, Hisao kind of dropped the ball in that situation, and may have been able to avoid the entire situation if he communicated with Lilly better.
A fair theory. I like how it meshes with honesty and communication being major overarching themes throughout the story. I would not shift quite that much blame on Hisao though. Even if things went as you speculate, Lilly still should have brought up the subject, and far earlier than the time Hisao learns about it from Akira.
Cabulb

Post by Cabulb »

Lilly was my first story too. I felt a strange mix of emotions by the time I finished. It was overwhelming to say the least and was simply heart-breaking. It took me some time to eventually recover and let go because it evoked so many powerful emotions.

Although Lilly is intended as the classic fairytale princess, she does have flaws (maybe more subtle than the other girls, hence people don't always notice them). Her kind and caring personality is what made her the ideal girl. I will admit for some time I fell in love with Lilly too, she's just that realistic and perfect. I'm glad you enjoyed her story and your Katawa Shoujo experience. Thank you for sharing with us.
Walrusfella

Post by Walrusfella »

I had the impression that she received the summons from her family at some point after their trip to Hokkaido, and didn't tell Hisao because she was avoiding the problem and trying to deal with it by herself. Is it ever actually stated or directly implied in the text exactly when she found out?

LackidaisicalFellow - I think Lilly's awesome too. I implore you to give the other characters a chance though; they may impress you. Hanako's my favourite, as I've made rather obvious, but Rin surprised me. I initially thought she was just a kooky eccentric, but there's a lot more going on with her.
Half Marathon with Emi: Complete!
Bridge to 10k with Emi: Complete!
Couch to 5k with Emi: Complete!
Scissors110

Post by Scissors110 »

Walrusfella wrote:
I had the impression that she received the summons from her family at some point after their trip to Hokkaido, and didn't tell Hisao because she was avoiding the problem and trying to deal with it by herself. Is it ever actually stated or directly implied in the text exactly when she found out?
I have to agree with you. Lilly isn't the type to rely on others for help. She rarely even asks for help doing tasks you would imagine a blind person would find difficult. I think she wanted to try and work out the issue by herself, and ended up only developing stronger feelings for Hisao. Yes, it probably would have been easier to tell him about the summons sooner, but at the same time that would have just created more tension in the relationship.
100% Game Completion!
Character: Lilly>Emi>Hanako>Shizune>Rin
Story: Lilly>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Shizune
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Roamin12

Post by Roamin12 »

"Never judge a book by its cover." As cliche and overused as the saying is, it really is true. Lilly is my favourite as well, but the other routes are great. Even my least two favourites, Rin and Shizune, still were wonderful experiences for me. And out of curiosity, what youtube video did you watch when you found out about KS?
First Play through: Lilly>Hanako>Emi>Rin>Shizune
Second Play Through: Hanako>Rin>Lilly>Shizune>Emi
I'm a music enthusiast.
LackadaisicalFellow

Post by LackadaisicalFellow »

Cabulb wrote:Lilly was my first story too. I felt a strange mix of emotions by the time I finished. It was overwhelming to say the least and was simply heart-breaking. It took me some time to eventually recover and let go because it evoked so many powerful emotions.

Although Lilly is intended as the classic fairytale princess, she does have flaws (maybe more subtle than the other girls, hence people don't always notice them). Her kind and caring personality is what made her the ideal girl. I will admit for some time I fell in love with Lilly too, she's just that realistic and perfect. I'm glad you enjoyed her story and your Katawa Shoujo experience. Thank you for sharing with us.
I'm still in love. Can't seem to shake her off... I still cant believe all these feelings and emotions were caused by a game/visual novel. It's truly amazing.
And there's no need to thank me at all, honestly :]
LackidaisicalFellow - I think Lilly's awesome too. I implore you to give the other characters a chance though; they may impress you. Hanako's my favourite, as I've made rather obvious, but Rin surprised me. I initially thought she was just a kooky eccentric, but there's a lot more going on with her.
I'll check out the other girls... as soon as I get over Lilly, ha.
Roamin12 wrote:"Never judge a book by its cover." As cliche and overused as the saying is, it really is true. Lilly is my favourite as well, but the other routes are great. Even my least two favourites, Rin and Shizune, still were wonderful experiences for me. And out of curiosity, what youtube video did you watch when you found out about KS?
I'll be sure to check the other routes soon out enough, hopefully they're great like you said.

And the YouTube video was this:

:]
Lolzster

Post by Lolzster »

Yeah although I played Lilly's route second, it still had the biggest impact for me and was the most emotional

It was such a heartbreaking moment but I got the good ending (like a boss :D ) so it was all good.

I definitely recommend you playing all the routes first though because you may find some to be more appealing than others, but personally Lilly was the one that did it for me
ImageImage
Favourite routes: Lilly>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Shizune

Most Feels in route: Lilly>Emi>Hanako>Rin (frustration doesn't count as feels)> Shizune

Yes I love Lilly and hate Shizune... deal with it :)