Hanako's
20%
Emi's
40%

Total votes: 381

Doraleous

Re: What ending was the best for Hisao?

Post by Doraleous »

Murkglow wrote:Have to go with Emi here.
Shizune's Hisao has a plan for the future but his relationship is questionable and his health isn't dealt with. People mention that he's more mentally "fit" in this route but I don't really see how he's that much better then in the others.
He has a goal, he knows what he went through and he wants to help other people who are possibly going through it and tell them the things he was never told. That is kinda more "mentally fit". But that might be because that route is the only one to go all the way to graduation.
Murkglow

Post by Murkglow »

I question how wanting to console others who suffered as you did necessarily makes one more "mentally fit" to live ones life than another person.
I mean are we saying then that humanitarians are necessarily more mentally fit then other people? Is a scientist not mentally fit to live his life because his work might not directly help another in a face to face/emotional situation?

And if we're just talking about being able to deal with other people, I honestly have to say Shizune's Hisao didn't strike me as much better then Emi's (if any better at all given how weak his Good End was on her path).
If you play through Emi's Good Path there you see him dealing with quite a few people successfully and learning quite a bit about how to handle human interaction (which was very important in getting Emi to open up/not bite his head off).
Favorite Routes:
Rin > Emi > Hanako > Shizune > Lilly
acewing905

Post by acewing905 »

Megumeru wrote:
Also, considering Lilly's rather...eh..."ending", I kinda' have this theory that Lilly never returned to Hisao--rather, Hisao died at the airport and everything else is just his imagination as he faces his deathbed :twisted:
Dammit. You almost ruined my life with that post. -__-
nemz

Post by nemz »

Emi is probably the best for Hisao overall, though I still personally prefer Rin and Shizune.
Rin > Shizune > Emi > Hanako > Lilly
Dawnstorm

Post by Dawnstorm »

Emi. Best chemistry among the girls. Best health. Decent future prospects.
Otakumon

Post by Otakumon »

Manly picnic is best ending for Hisao since he won't have to spend his waking time wondering if he'll keel over dead and leave behind a grieving widow, and possibly, a fatherless child. Kenji probably figured out it was best for him and did him a favor by throwing him off the roof, what a pal!
khaosdvorak

Post by khaosdvorak »

Otakumon wrote:Manly picnic is best ending for Hisao since he won't have to spend his waking time wondering if he'll keel over dead and leave behind a grieving widow, and possibly, a fatherless child. Kenji probably figured out it was best for him and did him a favor by throwing him off the roof, what a pal!
LOL.

Wait.....why does that make sense.....o.0
When Hanako smiles it makes you feel on top of the world.
When hanako cries.....*HNNNNNNNGGGGGGG* *dies*
Titus

Post by Titus »

Beoran wrote:I'd say the 5 Hisaos grow in different ways and are rewarded differently, each to their own needs.

With Rin, he grows artistically and spirtitually. His reward is a unique insight into life and reality, and a unique relationship with deep and passionate young lady.
With Shizune, his growth is socially and mentally. He learns how to deal with people and the world. His reward is a thoughtful relationship with a bright, strong lady.
With Lilly, his growth is that in honesty and communication. He learns how to open up to the one he loves. His reward is an honest relationship with a healthy, kind lady.
With Hanako, his growth is emotional. He discovers the secrets of his and Hanako's heart. His reward is a deeply emotional relationship with a generous and loving lady.
With Emi, hos growth is physical. He learns how to take care of his and Emi's body. His reward is an intense relationship with an energetic and inspiring lady.

I'd say that in all the good endings, the respective Hisao gets what he wants and needs. So all five good endings are equally good for him.

But myself as the player, I voted for Emi since I think health, passion and honesty are the foundation for a good relationship. Even if they both know nothing lasts forever, they still will both do their very best for each other. Which is a very good way to get started indeed.
This, I can't choose. I'm just gonna vote a random one since all are good anyway.
What if life had a soundtrack similar to Katawa Shoujo's ?
Logan812

Post by Logan812 »

After giving this thought, there can't be one end-all-be-all best ending (just like "Who's the best drummer/guitarist/bassist etc. of all time?")
In my opinion:

Best ending for Hisao based on physical health: Emi (obviously)

Best ending for Hisao based on mental health: Hanako (good ending)

Best ending for Hisao's sex life: Lilly (good ending) or Shizune's bad ending (he slept with a lesbian :lol: )
Favorite Routes in Order: Lilly > Hanako > Rin > Emi > Shizune
Favorite Characters: Hanako > Lilly > Shizune = Rin > Emi
Enemy |

Post by Enemy | »

Logan812 wrote:After giving this thought, there can't be one end-all-be-all best ending (just like "Who's the best drummer/guitarist/bassist etc. of all time?")
In my opinion:

Best ending for Hisao's sex life: Lilly (good ending) or Shizune's bad ending (he slept with a lesbian :lol: )
I disagree with the last one
Emi is kinky as well :P
Logan812

Post by Logan812 »

Enemy | wrote:
Logan812 wrote:After giving this thought, there can't be one end-all-be-all best ending (just like "Who's the best drummer/guitarist/bassist etc. of all time?")
In my opinion:

I disagree with the last one
Emi is kinky as well :P
I don't know how I forgot that one!
Favorite Routes in Order: Lilly > Hanako > Rin > Emi > Shizune
Favorite Characters: Hanako > Lilly > Shizune = Rin > Emi
Roamin12

Post by Roamin12 »

Enemy | wrote:I voted for Emi's.

With all the running his health is in check (well at least it's better than in the other routes), he joins the Science Club and has apparently decided what he wants for his future, and has a healthy relationship (at least the good ending implies that)
Lilly's comes close, except for the big "omg I'm going to die" thing that happens there.
That's pretty much my thoughts, all though Emi's isn't quite perfect, I can easily see how there will be plenty of emotional trauma in the future. So that's not going to be that great either, but Emi's is the lesser of the two evils, so to speak.
First Play through: Lilly>Hanako>Emi>Rin>Shizune
Second Play Through: Hanako>Rin>Lilly>Shizune>Emi
I'm a music enthusiast.
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

acewing905 wrote:
Megumeru wrote:
Also, considering Lilly's rather...eh..."ending", I kinda' have this theory that Lilly never returned to Hisao--rather, Hisao died at the airport and everything else is just his imagination as he faces his deathbed :twisted:
Dammit. You almost ruined my life with that post. -__-
muahahaha~!!

I mean, seriously, I think it's like that.

1. An almost surreal 'idealistic' ending.
2. Hisao collapsed at the airport.
3. the taxi

Sure people can interpret it like 'hey, lilly return everything is happy yaaaaay~!' but I think otherwise. One, there's the taxi bill which--if we remove the 'plot shield'--he won't even make it into the airport (since going to Shizune's house alone requires a train trip. Now a taxi?). Now at the airport, he collapsed and ends up in the hospital and then we have the 'ideal' ending with Lilly showing up, Akira leaving to Scotland with her boyfriend, and the two of them walking towards the sun.

...that is almost too good to be true. And when it is, there's a chance that it's not what it seems.

So there's a chance that--during the airport scene--Hisao collapsed, Lilly left, and he--being left in the hospital--imagined it all in his head as he passed away of what an ideal ending it would be. Hisao died like in Kenji's ending, only this time in a lot more dramatic fashion.

so, best death-scene? Lilly :lol:
best suicide? Kenji

but that's just me :mrgreen:
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
Mirrormn

Post by Mirrormn »

Megumeru, I think you died, and you're simply imagining yourself posting on the KS forums right now.

Makes as much sense as your theory.
Katawa Shoujo OST Transcriptions and Arrangements: Consolidated list

Katawa Shoujo Music Index and Table of Contents

Game completion: 100% several times over
Favorite route: Rin
Insights on Rin | Insights on Shizune
nemz

Post by nemz »

Megumeru wrote:so, best death-scene? Lilly :lol:
I like this theory. Much better than her deciding to stay with you out of pity for the 5 or so years you have left, max. Finally a problem that really will go away without conflict if she just puts up with it for long enough! :twisted:
Rin > Shizune > Emi > Hanako > Lilly