For which character did you feel sad the most?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

For which character did you feel sad the most?

Emi
11%
Hanako
37%
Lilly
5%
Rin
23%
Shizune
5%
Misha
18%

Total votes: 522

Dr. Robotnik

Re: For which character did you feel sad the most?

Post by Dr. Robotnik »

She deserved it for driving her only friend to do something like that.
Last edited by Dr. Robotnik on Sat May 26, 2012 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Emibro, [Hanabro], [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, [Two-timer]
ravenlord

Post by ravenlord »

Dr. Robotnik wrote:Bitch deserved it for driving her only friend to do something like that.
you mad bro?

On to topic, I felt the most bad for Shizune. For Rin, Emi and Lilly, they have found way to navigate their lives that seem to work for them. For Hanako, she has not, but she is seeking professional and making good strides.

Shizune is in that wicked middle road. She is doing just well enough to survive, but not to really succeed. And her inability to speak is probably the worst handicap that she could have had. She seems to be in a state of constant frustration with no way to express it or releive it, and that can make a bad situation feed on itself and snowball out of control. I don't see her getting better in any of the other routes. It seems her one and only chance is her own good route, and even then that is no means guaranteed.
Hanako>Shizune>Lilly>Emi>Rin {100% complete}
"痘痕も靨" (If there is love, then smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples) ~ Japanese proverb
Dr. Robotnik

Post by Dr. Robotnik »

ravenlord wrote: you mad bro?
Nah, just explaining why people might not have felt that bad about her. Well, that and there's a good ending. Although, I do admit calling her a "bitch" was a bit out of line.
WorldlyWiseman

Post by WorldlyWiseman »

Dr. Robotnik wrote:
ravenlord wrote: you mad bro?
Nah, just explaining why people might not have felt that bad about her. Well, that and there's a good ending. Although, I do admit calling her a "bitch" was a bit out of line.
I guess think of it this way; the fact the Shizune has a personality that can do this to people that she has little choice to rely on is sad, and that it takes unknowingly pushing Misha to a breaking pointfor her to fully figure this out is even sadder. She can see past the horizon, but the path there is littered with these personal tragedies and she might not be able to avoid them.

VVV - She admits that she did poorly by Misha and resolves to do better, what else do you want from her that doesn't radically break character?
Last edited by WorldlyWiseman on Sat May 26, 2012 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hanako's favorite joke is The Aristocrats, but she never tells it because Lilly finds it really offensive. Instead, she practices her delivery in front of a mirror when she's alone. It's the only time she never stammers.
Dr. Robotnik

Post by Dr. Robotnik »

If only she realized "oh my god I am a horrible monster" in the good ending...
WorldlyWiseman wrote: VVV - She admits that she did poorly by Misha and resolves to do better, what else do you want from her that doesn't radically break character?
"And she was true to her word and better", or something that actually shows us this, because at the end, Shizune is still the same person. In all of the other endings, Hisao or whoever else had to change actually changed, but we just had her word to go on. I'm not asking for a total character overhaul, I just wanted some evidence that she'd change, or at least a mildly emotional apology so that I'd be able to have reason to believe it without seeing it.
royaltyler

Post by royaltyler »

I feel terrible for not picking Hanako, but I would have to say Rin because I can relate with her unlike Hanako. I am very strange at times like Rin, and I have things I just can't do. Rin can't really explain things, which stops her from people being able to understand her, and I can't shut my fucking mouth, meaning people will often not try to become closer to me because they think I am weird. Literally, I think this problem runs in my family, my mom can't stop herself from saying things that my sister did not want her to say to her dad (she is really my half sister) and I can't stop sharing my secrets with people. I know it really doesn't relate much, but still. I am very different from people my age, most people worry about relationships my age, I want nothing to do with them, and I mostly care about my schoolwork. Most people don't think about life as much as I do, or at least I think they don't upon viewing how they act. I am also aiming to be an artist, so I have to follow the same thorny path.
I don't know what to put here, yet. I may put something here.
ZXRN

Post by ZXRN »

I know losing your father is gonna hurt you a lot so I was supposed to go with Emi on the 2nd run. Until I found out that Hanako gets bullied...Knowing this, it kinda reminded me how much life sucked back in high school. Makes me wanna get revenge again honestly...(not only for me, but for Hanako too wahaha!)

So now, Hanako's story line is making me think why did I not fight back, back then? and why I let a bunch of idiots get their way with me...
so yeah, my 2nd vote is Hanako...for a lot of reasons...
I'll do my best to be my Emiest.
Revvy

Post by Revvy »

Hanako.

She's been through so much.

Losing both parents in afire at a young age, being permanently scarred on majority of her body which probably led to her social awkwardness which leads to not having many friends.
So...Revvy enjoys lemon lube then? -Xanatos
(Yes I Do.)
Currently Reading: Scissorlips' Suzu Route.
ZXRN

Post by ZXRN »

Revvy wrote:Hanako.

She's been through so much.

Losing both parents in afire at a young age, being permanently scarred on majority of her body which probably led to her social awkwardness which leads to not having many friends.

I honestly didn't think any group of people could be so much of an a-hole..(cept' maybe in america...no offense to others dood!)
Coz around here, the worst will prolly do is to completely ignore her. Of course, some might still wanna become friends with her. Coz someone with that level of injury is
well kinda pitiful.
Episcia

Post by Episcia »

Shizune in her bad ending.

Seriously. That CG struck me down, hard. No need for dramatic music. No need for dramatic dialogue. Just her, in that state.

- that, man.
Royale

Post by Royale »

Rin and Hanako. They were the most emotionally detached characters. More so Rin, though, just because of how unsure she was of everyone around her and how everyone was so unsure of her.

Misha. I felt bad for her too - But, lesbians? Yeah, we get rejected by straight girls. It happens. I feel her pain, but still.
Favorite routes ;
Rin > Hanako = Lilly > Emi = Shizune
Tenteke

Post by Tenteke »

When Hanako had her panic attack when Misha mentioned her birthday, I cried my eyes out. Never before has a game mad me feel so much emotion.
thank you so much 4LS
Hope is not dead yet, so we'll forever scream until it's deafening. Jessie Barnett
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not. Kurt Cobain
We are given too much room to be expected to do only good. We are more curious than bold. Keith Buckley
Helbereth

Post by Helbereth »

Misha, Rin and Emi.

Misha is so completely confused about herself, and feels like she can't say anything even to her best friends. She plods on through the story putting up a smiling facade that buries her insecurities and profound melancholy beneath a fake, bubbly grin and overpowering laughter. In the scene where she confesses her love for Shizune to Hisao, and explains the rejection she faced, it's said that she seems to not even know how to cry anymore - which kinda hit me like a train.She reminded me of someone I'd known in High School who had that same bubbly exterior, but her eyes were never really laughing. It made me wonder again what her experience had actually been back then and whether anything I suspected might be true. I hope Lydia's doing well now...

Rin's story is heaped with introspection and comfortable silences. Her perspective on the world and how it colors her relationships serves to push people away and draw them back like a proverbial yo-yo. Every time Hisao thinks he's getting close, Rin pushes him away - sometimes forcefully. Even the triumphs in their relationship are tinged with uncertainty. No matter which end, Rin's tale ends on a neutral note, and that might be the most sorrowful sound a heart can hear.

Emi's backstory is painful. Even though it's never actually said until the very end, the loss of her father weighs on her mind in every encounter. She's never able to accept someone's trust because of it, and pushes people away with happy smiles and kind words - all in a vain attempt to never leave herself vulnerable to that kind of pain. I have no personal experience to relate with her tale - not even in the periphery of my life - but her solution to deal with it is something disturbingly familiar.
ZXRN

Post by ZXRN »

Here's one from Lilly, I thought she was gonna disappear for good when Hisao was running for her at the airport. That whole chapter is giving me the feels and I ain't ashamed to admit that I almost cried at the part where Hisao woke up at the hospital hearing the music box. (Coz I thought this is how it was gonna end: Lilly just left the music box with Hisao in the hospital before she left for good.)

I always was touchy for goodbye's. Maybe that too is the reason why Rin made me feel that way in her neutral ending.
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

ZXRN wrote:Here's one from Lilly, I thought she was gonna disappear for good when Hisao was running for her at the airport. That whole chapter is giving me the feels and I ain't ashamed to admit that I almost cried at the part where Hisao woke up at the hospital hearing the music box. (Coz I thought this is how it was gonna end: Lilly just left the music box with Hisao in the hospital before she left for good.)

I always was touchy for goodbye's. Maybe that too is the reason why Rin made me feel that way in her neutral ending.
Do you know that Rin may commit suicide in the 'neutral ending' sometime in the future?

Talk to Sae about her husband
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story