Selecting a path without a walkthrough...

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

acewing905

Selecting a path without a walkthrough...

Post by acewing905 »

...Is it possible? The girl you want to select, that is?

(First time around, I wanted to select Hanako, by some miracle, I ended up selecting Hanako. But the next time, I wanted to select Lilly, but I ended up Act1 spoilers:dead after a "manly picnic" and falling off the roof. That was seriously disturbing.)
darkrei

Re: Selecting a path without a walkthrough...

Post by darkrei »

not as far as I know.

however,if I remember correctly lilly's route is very close from hanako's one so maybe if you want to take lilly's route,you must first take hanako's

but I'm not sure :?

some bad ending are almost hilarious though :lol:
acewing905

Post by acewing905 »

Oh, this one was hilarious too, in a dark humour way. But it was still disturbing, especially with the SPLOTCH sound effect they've added there. I guess I better look up a walkthrough. Don't want nasty surprises like that in Act 1 itself. Don't mind later on. :P
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Oh come on. Don't use a walkthrough until you've got at least one ending with each of the girls. Not knowing where your choices lead is all part of the fun.
Not Dead Yet
acewing905

Post by acewing905 »

Oddball wrote:Oh come on. Don't use a walkthrough until you've got at least one ending with each of the girls. Not knowing where your choices lead is all part of the fun.
True. I just referred the Act 1 flowchart to see what leads to Lilly, though, cause I really want to see her story. After that, I'm just gonna go with the flow.
Enemy |

Post by Enemy | »

I did have to use a guide to figure out Lilly's path as well. It's basically the same as Hanako's except for the last choice in Act 1.
I also got the Manly Picnic ending while doing that, though I had the chance to try Rin's route, didn't want it at that point though.
yummines

Post by yummines »

Yea it is. If you look at the decisions you make, its fairly obvious what will result in which girl through trial and error.

For instance for Rin,obviously joining the art club means you're going to spend time with her, resulting in her route
Emi:pushing yourself so she worries about you and says she has to help you, etc etc.

also the game keeps track of what decisions you made by checking off what you've chosen before
demonix

Post by demonix »

darkrei wrote:not as far as I know.

however,if I remember correctly lilly's route is very close from hanako's one so maybe if you want to take lilly's route,you must first take hanako's

but I'm not sure :?

some bad ending are almost hilarious though :lol:
Actually Hanako's and Lilly's routes are closely linked up to a point in act 1 where you choose to go to the library (which takes you down Hanako's route) or to town (which takes you down Lilly's route) then it branches off.

All the OP had to do is to follow the choices that had been made the last time (since they'd all be ticked) and choose the other option at the point where the two routes branch off.
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

I followed my own decisions and ended up on a route I hadn't intended.

Emi. I wanted Shizune or Rin. Now that I've seen the flowchart I think the 'training flag' is a bit heavily loaded.
yummines

Post by yummines »

metalangel wrote:I followed my own decisions and ended up on a route I hadn't intended.

Emi. I wanted Shizune or Rin. Now that I've seen the flowchart I think the 'training flag' is a bit heavily loaded.
yea. ifyou push yourself, you're automatically locked into Emi's route, whether you like it or not.
Aili

Post by Aili »

I didn't use a walkthrough my first time playing, and I got Lilly, which is my favorite route. Funny thing is, I actually needed a guide to get the bad ending.
yummines wrote:
metalangel wrote:I followed my own decisions and ended up on a route I hadn't intended.

yea. ifyou push yourself, you're automatically locked into Emi's route, whether you like it or not.
It depends. Having enough ''points'' with Shizune will send you to Slow Recovery, in which you'll have to choose between Emi and Shizune.
Lilly > Misha> Shizune > Hanako > Emi > Rin
Enemy |

Post by Enemy | »

yummines wrote:

You can get the Bad Ending if you got enough points on Shizune and then push yourself.
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

Aili wrote:I didn't use a walkthrough my first time playing, and I got Lilly, which is my favorite route. Funny thing is, I actually needed a guide to get the bad ending.
yummines wrote:

It depends. Having enough ''points'' with Shizune will send you to Slow Recovery, in which you'll have to choose between Emi and Shizune.
Yep, I got slow recovery but joins Misha and Shizune nonetheless.

...and I'm glad i did; first play through too 8)
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
nemz

Post by nemz »

Emi does seem the easiest to get accidentally. I don't honestly see why I can't take exercise seriously and still want to hang out with Hanako and Lilly though, striking a balance between intensity and calm reflection.

It bothers me a bit that Rin is sort of the consolation prize, and getting to her means being very much at risk of seeing the manly picnic. I really wish there was a way to actively pursue her rather than having to intentionally avoid everyone else instead.
Rin > Shizune > Emi > Hanako > Lilly
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

Emi I think latches onto someone she sees pushing themselves through their problems in spite of them.

Rin I think is unfortunately meant to be something of an outcast choice for someone that can't relate to anyone else.

Both are bad, but I'm not sure of an alternative (such as flagging stuff in-game as '+1 Hanako like') that wouldn't spoil your enjoyment of the fiction.