Just looking for some advice, I guess.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

eleventhirtyeight

Re: Just looking for some advice, I guess.

Post by eleventhirtyeight »

I'm a high school student with an extracurricular activity nearly every day, including sometimes weekends...as well as parents who don't like it if I spend too long on the computer. I guess playing it in small chunks a day is my best solution because the little chapter breaks are frequent would be my best option, as frustrating as it'll be to not finish a route in one or two sittings. Pulling an all nighter is out of the question for me because of school and needing to do things on weekends...I'm hoping my schedule gets toned down in the next couple weeks though, and I'm going to take your guyses advice and listen to the OST so I still feel in touch with the game when I'm not playing. :) Thanks for all your input, and sorry if this all comes off as a bit silly.
Sunlight will shine on my life again, so let the past burn now down in flames.

Alas, earwax!

[insert witty or interesting something here]
Daitengu

Post by Daitengu »

one act should only take 2ish hours if you read slow to comprehend the subtleties. less if you speed read, but you tend to miss a bunch.
Gilrond

Post by Gilrond »

eleventhirtyeight wrote:Thanks for all your input, and sorry if this all comes off as a bit silly.
Not silly at all :)
stanman237

Post by stanman237 »

I usually sleep around midnight due to hw and extracurricular activities in my high school and thats a lot earlier than some of my friends. Then i would wake up 6 in the morning for the hour commute to school so dont push yourself to try and finish the story if you cant. I was lucky to find out about it during winter break and finished it during spring break. Otherwise i might not had finished it at all. Note i am typing this on my commute home on the train from school on my phone.
eleventhirtyeight

Well this might not have been my best idea, but I kinda "forgot" to do some homework last night and now I'm nearly done with Shizune's route.

On another note, this is probably the nicest fandom I've ever been a part of :) you people are fantastic.

Alas, earwax!

Daitengu

Post by Daitengu »

I tended to do homework on the bus and lunch and between classes so I didn't have to do it at home lol.
eleventhirtyeight

I try to get the work done during class generally, but I hate doing it on the bus :P

Alas, earwax!

Daitengu

Post by Daitengu »

math and science are generally easiest of the subjects to do on the bus, since you don't have to write alot. Really depends on what order your classes are. I've been known to do english homework while in math class lol.
eleventhirtyeight

I tend to do Chemistry homework during Spanish class, and then I do the rest in Chemistry and British Literature.

Also I finished Shizune's route. :D

Alas, earwax!

Gilrond

Post by Gilrond »

eleventhirtyeight wrote:I tend to do Chemistry homework during Spanish class, and then I do the rest in Chemistry and British Literature.

You kids today, back in my day we actually had stuff to do during class. Homework was done at home :)
eleventhirtyeight

Gilrond wrote:
eleventhirtyeight wrote:I tend to do Chemistry homework during Spanish class, and then I do the rest in Chemistry and British Literature.

You kids today, back in my day we actually had stuff to do during class. Homework was done at home :)

You don't know the half of it :D

Alas, earwax!

yummines

Post by yummines »

I actually beat my first route (Rin) within about 3 hours (I can read pretty quickly, i set the text to instant). i kind of just stopped at parts that were not very important, such as the daily lunch on the roof or Emi's race (obviously important in the Emi route, not as much so in the Rin route)

i would say split it up between acts. It's a little disheartening to stop in the middle of a dramatic scene, such as Rin getting yelled at by the art teacheror Hisao showing Hanako his scar from surgery because you wonder what comes next.

Also i would never save at the sex scene. God knows how i would explain that if someone walked in.