What gender are most KS fans?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Are you male or Female

Straight Male
815
86%
Gay Male
19
2%
Straight Female
79
8%
Lesbian Female
34
4%
 
Total votes: 947

User avatar
SpunkySix
Posts: 2858
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:03 pm
Location: Lost in thought... somewhere.

Re: What gender are most KS fans?

Post by SpunkySix » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:17 pm

FelOnyx wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:Tumblr is awful for every cause it "supports" because it gets ridiculous publicity, then people think that everybody supporting that cause is as stupid as the extremist morons that go there and post certain things. It basically trivializes all of its causes and acts as a gross straw man version of them. At least 4Chan is open about its idiocy.
I wouldn't say Tumblr is terrible, because most of it is just weird porn and fandom crap with a side of anything you can possibly make a blog for and a dash of 2 am weird comments. But the 'social justice' part which everyone thinks of when you say Tumblr, I will agree is mostly terrible, though there are some people there with totally reasonable, non-strawman, not crazy ideas.
Well yeah, Tumblr in general is fine, it's just the bizarre white knighting Internet good guy persona that it has taken on that is ridiculous. They do to social causes what Hisao does to Hanako in Misstep but worse and with less understanding of its subject matter.

Of course there are sane people there with sane ideas, but in an ironic parallel, those people are shut out by the whack-jobs there and end up as a reflection of how the sane people not on Tumblr feel about the very same sane ideas. They're like right-minded people trying to get out of an asylum without being torn apart and eaten by a cannibal or worse, and if you've ever played Outlast or Arkham Asylum, you'll know that their success rates are pretty damn low when it comes to that.

Which is a good part of why regardless of the gender or sexuality or whatever of any of the people in this fandom, there is an uphill battle to spread truth rather than misinformation regarding their own causes, and it's why preventing double standards and extremism is so hard.

And yet another reason why this is seen as cripple porn, actually.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"

bhtooefr
Posts: 1353
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:20 pm
Location: Newark, OH
Contact:

Re: What gender are most KS fans?

Post by bhtooefr » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:24 pm

And, really, if someone identifies as null gender, or bigender, or in between gender, or whatever... who cares? Use a gender neutral pronoun (or if they prefer a gendered pronoun, use that), and go on with life. (And gender and sexuality are actually decoupled.)
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!

User avatar
FelOnyx
Posts: 234
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:50 pm
Location: Connecticut

Re: What gender are most KS fans?

Post by FelOnyx » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:33 pm

SpunkySix wrote:
FelOnyx wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:Tumblr is awful for every cause it "supports" because it gets ridiculous publicity, then people think that everybody supporting that cause is as stupid as the extremist morons that go there and post certain things. It basically trivializes all of its causes and acts as a gross straw man version of them. At least 4Chan is open about its idiocy.
I wouldn't say Tumblr is terrible, because most of it is just weird porn and fandom crap with a side of anything you can possibly make a blog for and a dash of 2 am weird comments. But the 'social justice' part which everyone thinks of when you say Tumblr, I will agree is mostly terrible, though there are some people there with totally reasonable, non-strawman, not crazy ideas.
Well yeah, Tumblr in general is fine, it's just the bizarre white knighting Internet good guy persona that it has taken on that is ridiculous. They do to social causes what Hisao does to Hanako in Misstep but worse and with less understanding of its subject matter.

Of course there are sane people there with sane ideas, but in an ironic parallel, those people are shut out by the whack-jobs there and end up as a reflection of how the sane people not on Tumblr feel about the very same sane ideas. They're like right-minded people trying to get out of an asylum without being torn apart and eaten by a cannibal or worse, and if you've ever played Outlast or Arkham Asylum, you'll know that their success rates are pretty damn low when it comes to that.

Which is a good part of why regardless of the gender or sexuality or whatever of any of the people in this fandom, there is an uphill battle to spread truth rather than misinformation regarding their own causes, and it's why preventing double standards and extremism is so hard.

And yet another reason why this is seen as cripple porn, actually.
All fair points. I suppose we are in agreement then.
bhtooefr wrote:And, really, if someone identifies as null gender, or bigender, or in between gender, or whatever... who cares? Use a gender neutral pronoun (or if they prefer a gendered pronoun, use that), and go on with life. (And gender and sexuality are actually decoupled.)
Quote for truth.

And to answer the original question of the thread, straight male here.
AlexG wrote:For a moment there I thought Marx woke up as some kind of stripper in the middle ages
BlackGoldShooter wrote:This is what happens when children don't eat their vegetables. First they start manufacturing statuettes. Next they take over the world.

Post Reply