What gender are most KS fans?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Are you male or Female

Straight Male
815
86%
Gay Male
19
2%
Straight Female
79
8%
Lesbian Female
34
4%
 
Total votes: 947

User avatar
KeiichiO
Posts: 1757
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:07 pm
Location: Lost in the wonky province of my mind.

Re: What gender are most KS fans?

Post by KeiichiO » Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:14 am

Zarys wrote:
KeiichiO wrote:
Zarys wrote:Okay, I will avoid this word. the LGBTQ label is very confusing. :?
What's the 'Q' stand for? 'Quadrosexual'? :lol:
The Q isn't for Queer ?
I guess so, though, it really superfluous to put it in the title, since how it's used today, it means the exact same thing as 'gay'.

User avatar
Xolf
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:10 pm

Re: What gender are most KS fans?

Post by Xolf » Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:55 am

Not really - 'gay' basically means 'homosexual', while 'queer' embraces a whole lot of other alternatives; to quote Wikipedia, "The range of what queer includes varies. In addition to referring to LGBT-identifying people, it can also encompass: pansexual, pomosexual,[9] intersex, genderqueer, asexual and autosexual people, as well as gender normative heterosexuals whose sexual orientations or activities place them outside the heterosexual-defined mainstream, e.g., BDSM practitioners, or polyamorous persons."

User avatar
KeiichiO
Posts: 1757
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:07 pm
Location: Lost in the wonky province of my mind.

Re: What gender are most KS fans?

Post by KeiichiO » Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:59 am

Xolf wrote:Not really - 'gay' basically means 'homosexual', while 'queer' embraces a whole lot of other alternatives; to quote Wikipedia, "The range of what queer includes varies. In addition to referring to LGBT-identifying people, it can also encompass: pansexual, pomosexual,[9] intersex, genderqueer, asexual and autosexual people, as well as gender normative heterosexuals whose sexual orientations or activities place them outside the heterosexual-defined mainstream, e.g., BDSM practitioners, or polyamorous persons."
Your average ignorant jerk doesn't care about multiple definitions. To them, 'queer' is just another way to label a person of homosexual orientation, usually in a negative manner.

User avatar
SpunkySix
Posts: 2858
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:03 pm
Location: Lost in thought... somewhere.

Re: What gender are most KS fans?

Post by SpunkySix » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:31 am

KeiichiO wrote:
Xolf wrote:Not really - 'gay' basically means 'homosexual', while 'queer' embraces a whole lot of other alternatives; to quote Wikipedia, "The range of what queer includes varies. In addition to referring to LGBT-identifying people, it can also encompass: pansexual, pomosexual,[9] intersex, genderqueer, asexual and autosexual people, as well as gender normative heterosexuals whose sexual orientations or activities place them outside the heterosexual-defined mainstream, e.g., BDSM practitioners, or polyamorous persons."
Your average ignorant jerk doesn't care about multiple definitions. To them, 'queer' is just another way to label a person of homosexual orientation, usually in a negative manner.
Yeah. It's hard when words have nuances because so many people don't care and butcher the language anyways.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"

User avatar
TK8305
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:50 pm

Re: What gender are most KS fans?

Post by TK8305 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:14 pm

I'm a straight guy KS fan! Whee....
My YouTube | My Twitter[/font][/size]<p>Currently LPing: Pokemon Diamond (NDS) / Link's Birthday DX (ZC)

Notguest
Posts: 204
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:56 pm

Re: What gender are most KS fans?

Post by Notguest » Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:35 pm

I've also seen Q stand for Questioning.
I'm a straight guy KS fan! Whee....
Congrats on being in one of the categories the poll creator thought of.

User avatar
Comrade
Posts: 1248
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:29 am
Location: Micheal Levi's lyre is real good yo

Re: What gender are most KS fans?

Post by Comrade » Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:42 am

SpunkySix wrote:
KeiichiO wrote:
Xolf wrote:Not really - 'gay' basically means 'homosexual', while 'queer' embraces a whole lot of other alternatives; to quote Wikipedia, "The range of what queer includes varies. In addition to referring to LGBT-identifying people, it can also encompass: pansexual, pomosexual,[9] intersex, genderqueer, asexual and autosexual people, as well as gender normative heterosexuals whose sexual orientations or activities place them outside the heterosexual-defined mainstream, e.g., BDSM practitioners, or polyamorous persons."
Your average ignorant jerk doesn't care about multiple definitions. To them, 'queer' is just another way to label a person of homosexual orientation, usually in a negative manner.
Yeah. It's hard when words have nuances because so many people don't care and butcher the language anyways.
That's how languages work, and it has nothing to do with people not caring or being jerks. Deal with it.
Founder and cheif librarian ofThe Yamaku Library, A Fan Fiction Archive
Vice president of the Yamaku Book Club
Sea wrote:Comrade, as Khan Bek has convinced me to give Democracy a try.
"French are just Spanish Germans, therefore Mexicans."
An American, 2014

User avatar
Zarys
Posts: 660
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:27 am

Re: What gender are most KS fans?

Post by Zarys » Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:12 am

Notguest wrote:I've also seen Q stand for Questioning.
OKKAAAYY, I thought Q was for queer and queer meant "all those who consider themselves neither men nor women" :oops:
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

"Can you face your fears ?"
— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Souls and shapes, forever twisted
the lost voices of the damned
lure the bringer of despair

User avatar
Broomhead
Posts: 372
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:44 am
Location: Castle in the Sky

Re: What gender are most KS fans?

Post by Broomhead » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:03 am

Zarys wrote: OKKAAAYY, I thought Q was for queer and queer meant "all those who consider themselves neither men nor women" :oops:
Welcome to the English language, where the definitions are made up and grammar only makes sense when you spend an extra eight years studying it.
Lilly = Rin > Hanako > Emi > Misha > Shizune

I'm back in action.

User avatar
metalangel
Posts: 842
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:58 pm

Re: What gender are most KS fans?

Post by metalangel » Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:07 pm

One of the organizations I was spending time with says LGBTTIQQ2S, lesbian gay bisexual transgendered transsexual intersex queer questioning and two-spirited.

User avatar
CoffeeDrive
Posts: 617
Joined: Mon May 05, 2014 4:01 pm

Re: What gender are most KS fans?

Post by CoffeeDrive » Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:54 pm

metalangel wrote: queer questioning and two-spirited.
The reasons why I hate humanity.
"Im both male and female!!1!1!!!1!"
-Said by Bisexuals who just cant accept the fact they arnt really that special.
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl

User avatar
FelOnyx
Posts: 234
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:50 pm
Location: Connecticut

Re: What gender are most KS fans?

Post by FelOnyx » Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:13 pm

CoffeeDrive wrote:
metalangel wrote: queer questioning and two-spirited.
The reasons why I hate humanity.
"Im both male and female!!1!1!!!1!"
-Said by Bisexuals who just cant accept the fact they arnt really that special.
Please don't start with that, dude. Even if they are making it up (they aren't) how does it affect your life enough for you to even need to mention it, let alone 'hate humanity' over it.
AlexG wrote:For a moment there I thought Marx woke up as some kind of stripper in the middle ages
BlackGoldShooter wrote:This is what happens when children don't eat their vegetables. First they start manufacturing statuettes. Next they take over the world.

User avatar
CoffeeDrive
Posts: 617
Joined: Mon May 05, 2014 4:01 pm

Re: What gender are most KS fans?

Post by CoffeeDrive » Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:29 pm

FelOnyx wrote:
CoffeeDrive wrote:
metalangel wrote: queer questioning and two-spirited.
The reasons why I hate humanity.
"Im both male and female!!1!1!!!1!"
-Said by Bisexuals who just cant accept the fact they arnt really that special.
Please don't start with that, dude. Even if they are making it up (they aren't) how does it affect your life enough for you to even need to mention it, let alone 'hate humanity' over it.
Mainly because im a tradationalist in the sense of gender, im fine with male,female, trans and intersex perfectly, but anything more defined than that I think is just a strange thing to define. A dude that likes chicks and dicks but sometimes acts girly isnt "Two-Spirited" hes a dude that likes chicks and dicks that sometimes acts girly. Putting these dumbass definitions on everyone is awful.

However my main issue is a large number of people who claim to be "Two-Spirited" or "Trigender" are attention whoring tumblr users who have nothing better than create problems and triggers for themselves to cover up the fact they suffer from special snowflake syndrome.


On the OP's topic though, Im a straight male.
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl

User avatar
SpunkySix
Posts: 2858
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:03 pm
Location: Lost in thought... somewhere.

Re: What gender are most KS fans?

Post by SpunkySix » Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:33 pm

Tumblr is awful for every cause it "supports" because it gets ridiculous publicity, then people think that everybody supporting that cause is as stupid as the extremist morons that go there and post certain things. It basically trivializes all of its causes and acts as a gross straw man version of them. At least 4Chan is open about its idiocy.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"

User avatar
FelOnyx
Posts: 234
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:50 pm
Location: Connecticut

Re: What gender are most KS fans?

Post by FelOnyx » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:02 pm

SpunkySix wrote:Tumblr is awful for every cause it "supports" because it gets ridiculous publicity, then people think that everybody supporting that cause is as stupid as the extremist morons that go there and post certain things. It basically trivializes all of its causes and acts as a gross straw man version of them. At least 4Chan is open about its idiocy.
I wouldn't say Tumblr is terrible, because most of it is just weird porn and fandom crap with a side of anything you can possibly make a blog for and a dash of 2 am weird comments. But the 'social justice' part which everyone thinks of when you say Tumblr, I will agree is mostly terrible, though there are some people there with totally reasonable, non-strawman, not crazy ideas.
AlexG wrote:For a moment there I thought Marx woke up as some kind of stripper in the middle ages
BlackGoldShooter wrote:This is what happens when children don't eat their vegetables. First they start manufacturing statuettes. Next they take over the world.

Post Reply