What gender are most KS fans?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Are you male or Female

Straight Male
815
86%
Gay Male
19
2%
Straight Female
79
8%
Lesbian Female
34
4%
 
Total votes: 947

User avatar
brythain
Posts: 3471
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:58 pm
Location: East Asia
Contact:

Re: What gender are most KS fans?

Post by brythain » Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:01 am

Broomhead wrote:
brythain wrote:unnecessary reification
... Love ya too. But it's easy shorthand for introductions. If I introduce myself as an INTJ to people, although awkward, you can hazard a great many guesses about my personality and life. Although, read previous disclaimers about me being completely wrong due to not actually doing personal research on the subject, preferring to read about monkey fingers than cut them off myself.
*grin* it's hard to tell, since some INTJs are 'I' enough to be pure lurkers, but I'm INTJ as well.
Last edited by brythain on Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)

User avatar
Broomhead
Posts: 372
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:44 am
Location: Castle in the Sky

Re: What gender are most KS fans?

Post by Broomhead » Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:08 am

EYYY! Nice to meet another one. World's a small place, all of that. (I only knew one other, and he's... an ENTP now.)

I'll stop pulling the thread down now. Feel free to PM if you want to continue the conversations, I'll be responding that way from now on anyways.
Lilly = Rin > Hanako > Emi > Misha > Shizune

I'm back in action.

User avatar
CoffeeDrive
Posts: 617
Joined: Mon May 05, 2014 4:01 pm

Re: What gender are most KS fans?

Post by CoffeeDrive » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:27 am

Tumblr senses are tingling again.
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl

User avatar
Zarys
Posts: 660
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:27 am

Re: What gender are most KS fans?

Post by Zarys » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:44 am

Okay, I thought queer was a correct word because the LBGTQ. :?
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

"Can you face your fears ?"
— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Souls and shapes, forever twisted
the lost voices of the damned
lure the bringer of despair

User avatar
FelOnyx
Posts: 234
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:50 pm
Location: Connecticut

Re: What gender are most KS fans?

Post by FelOnyx » Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:41 pm

CoffeeDrive wrote:Tumblr senses are tingling again.
You sense weird Doctor Who porn? Where?
AlexG wrote:For a moment there I thought Marx woke up as some kind of stripper in the middle ages
BlackGoldShooter wrote:This is what happens when children don't eat their vegetables. First they start manufacturing statuettes. Next they take over the world.

User avatar
Potato
Posts: 1906
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:49 pm

Re: What gender are most KS fans?

Post by Potato » Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:43 pm

Zarys wrote:Okay, I thought queer was a correct word because the LBGTQ. :?
It is a correct word. :P

@FelOnyx: Plastered over the walls of London, presumably...
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.

User avatar
Forever_ambivalent
Posts: 220
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 4:41 pm

Re: What gender are most KS fans?

Post by Forever_ambivalent » Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:08 pm

Potato wrote:
Zarys wrote:Okay, I thought queer was a correct word because the LBGTQ. :?
It is a correct word. :P
Stop trying to take away the controversy from the word queer.
Queer is a derogative term for homosexual males who are effeminate. It means "not quite right" and if anybody is told that they are "not quite right" in society I am sure they would be offended. Also it has a lot of derogatory connotations.
Queer isn't a good word to use to describe gender-neutral people. Its a good way of insulting them. And If you want to respect people of other sexualities I suggest you avoid using that word. Just Google it.

User avatar
Potato
Posts: 1906
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:49 pm

Re: What gender are most KS fans?

Post by Potato » Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:36 pm

Forever_ambivalent wrote:
Potato wrote:
Zarys wrote:Okay, I thought queer was a correct word because the LBGTQ. :?
It is a correct word. :P
Stop trying to take away the controversy from the word queer.
Queer is a derogative term for homosexual males who are effeminate. It means "not quite right" and if anybody is told that they are "not quite right" in society I am sure they would be offended. Also it has a lot of derogatory connotations.
Queer isn't a good word to use to describe gender-neutral people. Its a good way of insulting them. And If you want to respect people of other sexualities I suggest you avoid using that word. Just Google it.
I know a lot of gays and effeminate folk. They're cool with it, because it's just a fucking word and not at all inherently controversial. And when I meet any who aren't cool with it, I don't use it around them. But I don't just all-out bar the word from use entirely because that's asinine and serves no legitimate purpose beyond killing off segments of human language and expression. I say "queer" all the time. Nobody cares. Now, if I were to say, "All these fudgepacking queers should be beaten in the streets", it'd be a problem. But I don't say that. That's where things like intent and context come into play. I suggest you learn what these things are and start accounting for them instead of trying to enforce your arbitrary language-shaming bullshit onto everyone else. :roll: Zarys used the term utterly without malice or ill intent and rather than consider the context, tone, or even basic usage (all really basic literary things they teach in elementary school), you got on his case like he was some kinda damn bigot...Despite that in the very post you took issue with, he clearly and blatantly states that he means no negative will toward such people. He was right. You were wrong. You made an issue out of nothing. You are insisting on controversy. You are maligning one who did nothing wrong. You are projecting and enforcing your arbitrary language shame onto others for no good reason. And that is fucking offensive.

This is the end of this discussion, by the way.
Last edited by Potato on Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:01 pm, edited 5 times in total.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.

User avatar
metalangel
Posts: 842
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:58 pm

Re: What gender are most KS fans?

Post by metalangel » Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:41 pm

Forever_ambivalent wrote: Stop trying to take away the controversy from the word queer.
Stop trying to put it back.
Queer is a derogative term for homosexual males who are effeminate. It means "not quite right" and if anybody is told that they are "not quite right" in society I am sure they would be offended. Also it has a lot of derogatory connotations.
Queer isn't a good word to use to describe gender-neutral people. Its a good way of insulting them. And If you want to respect people of other sexualities I suggest you avoid using that word. Just Google it.
It no longer has any negative or derogatory connotations because it has been pretty thoroughly reclaimed* by LGBTQ community. Go on dating sites and you'll see a LOT of people who identify as queer - or go out into the big wide world and meet them.
CoffeeDrive wrote:Tumblr senses are tingling again.
Ah no rite?

*there is still some controversy among some individuals in the LGBT community

User avatar
Forever_ambivalent
Posts: 220
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 4:41 pm

Re: What gender are most KS fans?

Post by Forever_ambivalent » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:09 pm

metalangel wrote:
Forever_ambivalent wrote: Stop trying to take away the controversy from the word queer.
Stop trying to put it back.
Queer is a derogative term for homosexual males who are effeminate. It means "not quite right" and if anybody is told that they are "not quite right" in society I am sure they would be offended. Also it has a lot of derogatory connotations.
Queer isn't a good word to use to describe gender-neutral people. Its a good way of insulting them. And If you want to respect people of other sexualities I suggest you avoid using that word. Just Google it.
It no longer has any negative or derogatory connotations because it has been pretty thoroughly reclaimed* by LGBTQ community. Go on dating sites and you'll see a LOT of people who identify as queer - or go out into the big wide world and meet them.

*there is still some controversy among some individuals in the LGBT community
Sorry I have learnt to use reliable sources such as dictionaries rather than dating websites. I still haven't found anything about this reclaimed version in the dictionaries and everyday use. As far as I know queer is a derogatory term and I don't see many reliable sources going against that idea.
And even if there are some people who have made their own definition of queer that does not take away its derogotary connotations, etymology and definitions. As I say go check out google.

User avatar
Broomhead
Posts: 372
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:44 am
Location: Castle in the Sky

Re: What gender are most KS fans?

Post by Broomhead » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:13 pm

Shushshushuhshush. It all depends on the connotation and area you live in. Where I live, calling someone gay or queer is rude, because it's, well, a very common insult. (I go to a very conservative school.) That said, it's all a bit of a misunderstanding because Zarys doesn't speak english as a first language.
Lilly = Rin > Hanako > Emi > Misha > Shizune

I'm back in action.

User avatar
Forever_ambivalent
Posts: 220
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 4:41 pm

Re: What gender are most KS fans?

Post by Forever_ambivalent » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:20 pm

Broomhead wrote:Shushshushuhshush. It all depends on the connotation and area you live in. Where I live, calling someone gay or queer is rude, because it's, well, a very common insult. (I go to a very conservative school.) That said, it's all a bit of a misunderstanding because Zarys doesn't speak english as a first language.
Thus it is controversial and should be avoided as with all controversial things.
Jeez I'm just warning somebody about using certain words that can be offensive to many people and suddenly I get attacked for using a dictionary and not following the laws of a certain community and a dating website. :roll:
Some people really hate it when people try to help others.

User avatar
brythain
Posts: 3471
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:58 pm
Location: East Asia
Contact:

Re: What gender are most KS fans?

Post by brythain » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:39 pm

Forever_ambivalent wrote:
Broomhead wrote:Shushshushuhshush. It all depends on the connotation and area you live in. Where I live, calling someone gay or queer is rude, because it's, well, a very common insult. (I go to a very conservative school.) That said, it's all a bit of a misunderstanding because Zarys doesn't speak english as a first language.
Thus it is controversial and should be avoided as with all controversial things.
Jeez I'm just warning somebody about using certain words that can be offensive to many people and suddenly I get attacked for using a dictionary and not following the laws of a certain community and a dating website. :roll:
Some people really hate it when people try to help others.
I feel rather queer after hearing you used a dictionary. I can't help it that I come from a background that privileged formal English over colloquial, historical usage over faddish. :D
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)

User avatar
Forever_ambivalent
Posts: 220
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 4:41 pm

Re: What gender are most KS fans?

Post by Forever_ambivalent » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:42 pm

brythain wrote:
Forever_ambivalent wrote:
Broomhead wrote:Shushshushuhshush. It all depends on the connotation and area you live in. Where I live, calling someone gay or queer is rude, because it's, well, a very common insult. (I go to a very conservative school.) That said, it's all a bit of a misunderstanding because Zarys doesn't speak english as a first language.
Thus it is controversial and should be avoided as with all controversial things.
Jeez I'm just warning somebody about using certain words that can be offensive to many people and suddenly I get attacked for using a dictionary and not following the laws of a certain community and a dating website. :roll:
Some people really hate it when people try to help others.
I feel rather queer after hearing you used a dictionary. I can't help it that I come from a background that privileged formal English over colloquial, historical usage over faddish. :D
Do not worry!
I'm mostly talking about the colloquial definition.
Most people use it in the colloquial sense anyway.
Last edited by Forever_ambivalent on Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
brythain
Posts: 3471
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:58 pm
Location: East Asia
Contact:

Re: What gender are most KS fans?

Post by brythain » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:44 pm

Forever_ambivalent wrote:Thus it is controversial and should be avoided as with all controversial things… I'm mostly talking about the colloquial definition though.
Well, this forum is full of controversial things, and as the poet put it, 'tangled things, and texts and aching eyes / and dead is all the innocence of anger and surprise'. So it's always good to allow latitude, be rigorous in argument, and charitable in intent. :)
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)

Post Reply