Headphones

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Juno

Re: Headphones

Post by Juno »

Aw guys, you make it look like they were audiophiles or something.
Normal people just walk into any store and take away whatever catches their eye for a reasonable price.
Hypothermia

Post by Hypothermia »

Normal people are boring. And a myth, typically.
Bara

Post by Bara »

Doubt you will find many normal people hanging round here. And when it comes to headphones I need durability too. I'm hard on mine.

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Juno

Post by Juno »

Way to misinterpret my comment guys.
Hmmm, let me reformulate it: a 16 yo. student with little money and no signs of being a sound freak won't spend $800 on headphones.
Now?
JamiroquaiAlien

Post by JamiroquaiAlien »

Summary of this thread;

"So here's the headphones I think would look cool on each of the characters"
"RAAAGH YOU CAN'T DO THAT THEY COST TOO MUCH"

The cost really isn't meant to be the point here. This, after all, a work of fiction.
Juno

Post by Juno »

A work of fiction where the main character can't even pay for his own meal at the town café. :lol:
JamiroquaiAlien

Post by JamiroquaiAlien »

Yes, but that's not the point. He was just saying what he thought would look good.
Synoptic

Post by Synoptic »

JamiroquaiAlien wrote:The cost really isn't meant to be the point here.
Agree, but it seems some guys don't get it... or maybe they do but they don't care. :roll:
If the topic would have been Associate girls with cars... most of them would have said, "IMPOSSIBLE, THEY CANT AFFORD CARS!"

lulz
Last edited by Synoptic on Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"...!"
chocolatebear

Post by chocolatebear »

Wouldn't Emi need lightweight headphones? Speaking from personal experience, jogging is much easier with light headphones rather than a DJ set or earbuds.
abscess

Post by abscess »

chocolatebear wrote:Wouldn't Emi need lightweight headphones? Speaking from personal experience, jogging is much easier with light headphones rather than a DJ set or earbuds.
There are earbud-like headphones for running. They have this hoopy-thing that goes behind the ear so it doesn't fall..... Here, a pic would be better:
http://www.comparestoreprices.co.uk/ima ... phones.jpg
I have a pair similar to those, but they broke like made of paper mache.... piece of shit....
Siiiiigh....
ZystraL

Post by ZystraL »

abscess wrote:
chocolatebear wrote:Wouldn't Emi need lightweight headphones? Speaking from personal experience, jogging is much easier with light headphones rather than a DJ set or earbuds.
There are earbud-like headphones for running. They have this hoopy-thing that goes behind the ear so it doesn't fall..... Here, a pic would be better:
http://www.comparestoreprices.co.uk/ima ... phones.jpg
I have a pair similar to those, but they broke like made of paper mache.... piece of shit....
I used to have ones that were similar, but they were BRIGHT GREEN and by Sennheiser.
Sadly, I run too fast at times, they fell off and I stepped on the left side and crushed it. Sad times.

Now however, there are DJ-like or over-head Headphones that are really small and lightweight and are said to be "better quality for music" that you can use for jogging. I still don't trust them because they can fall off.
I enjoy everything the devs hate. This includes and is not limited to: Pokemon, K-ON! and Lego.
Lattyware

Post by Lattyware »

No Senns on this list?

Son. I am dissapoint.

/me sits and hugs his HD595s
The Chemist

Post by The Chemist »

cpl_crud wrote: Tomorrow we're going to do a bit of a shootout. On the list (so far) are the following:

AKG K240
Fostex T20
Beyer 2XX (Not mine, I can't remember the exact number)
Grado SR80
Grado GS1000
Sennheiser HD25s
Sony 3XX
AH! Fostex T20... one of the most widely used headphones for artist monitoring.

I personally like my ATH5000s, but not many people justify dropping $1400 on some cans.

Hanako with Grados? I couldn't see it. anyone who's worn a set for more than 20 minutes would understand why. God it hurts.

A good shoot-out list. I've used most but the Beyers and Sonys. Sonys are just too boxy, an don't really open up as well as the price reflects, and Beyers are just... flat. Sound good, but don't really translate well for critical listening.
Probably, results will go as such:
Grado SR80
Grado GS1000
Fostex T20
Sennheiser HD25
Sony
Beyer
ZystraL wrote:It was an awesome scenario. Sitting on green grass staring at the clouds...with a laptop slowly burning your junk and giving you testicular cancer.
Hypothermia

Post by Hypothermia »

Headphones are sexy.
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

The Chemist wrote:
Hanako with Grados? I couldn't see it. anyone who's worn a set for more than 20 minutes would understand why. God it hurts.

Never had that problem. The GS1000s are probably one of the most comfortable sets of cans I've used.

The RS2s were a little meh due to the size and supraural nature, but if you got the "softener pads" that made them more supraural then they were fine.

Sennhesiers are generally boring to me. The HD650s aren't too bad, and whilst everyone seems to think the HD-25 are some kind of ultra-standard I've never been a fan.
Also they pretty much sold out their "HD" range to attract DJs, who are some of the lowest scum on the planet, all offence intended.

If you want jogging-but-staying-in-the-ear buds then it's either the Etymotic ER-4S, Shure E5 or the Ultimate Ears. Of course there's the whole "No isolation when jogging" thing but life was meant to be lived.

I'm waiting with baited breath on my Ultrasone Edition8s, which have been delayed again making me think that the Germans were really just taunting everyone with that demo set.
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money