How would Hanako be like unscarred?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

BobBobberson

How would Hanako be like unscarred?

Post by BobBobberson »

In this hypothetical scenario, let's assume there's no fire at all and her parents don't die of random causes (ergo, they're still alive at the time of KS). D'you think she'd still be all timid-like? Or would she become one of those diva bitches (It is implied that she'd look amazing without scars, at least I think so anyways)?
ShadeHaven

Re: How would Hanako be like unscarred?

Post by ShadeHaven »

I think she'd still be timid, but with much more confidence. I also think most players would vote for Hanako over Lilly in the beauty contest as well. For some reason, an unscarred Hanako makes me think of Iwanako.
txalolrn9

Post by txalolrn9 »

It only hurts when I breathe
Snow_Storm

Post by Snow_Storm »

To be honest, we wouldn't know. Her backstory and personality is reflected on her attitude due to her scars and lack of self esteem.
Perhaps she would more conformable with people and be more opened.
Logan812

Post by Logan812 »

All I know is that she would've never met Hisao in the first place.
Favorite Routes in Order: Lilly > Hanako > Rin > Emi > Shizune
Favorite Characters: Hanako > Lilly > Shizune = Rin > Emi
Izzy_t/r

Post by Izzy_t/r »

I think her scars are what made her who she is, if she didn't have those scars, she would have never find out who she was inside, she would never met Lilly or Hisao without those scars. Despite the painful past she had,the scars made her into a good person. Hope that makes sense :?
Shut up heart! Since when I ever listen to you anyways? .......HHNNNGGG!!!!
GardenoftheDead

Post by GardenoftheDead »

Considering how young she was when the fire happened, she'd probably be a completely different character and there's no way of telling what that character would have been like.
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

She'd be an average person who wasn't extremely extroverted, but still had a small circle of friends to hang out with and do stuff with like Hisao did before his hospitalisation. (she kinda tells this in her good ending) She wouldn't have the crippling shyness, but most of her interests like playing games, unorthodox cooking and karaoke would still be the same.

Personality-wise, she'd be much like Hisao was before his heart attack. Hanako would never be an attention-hogger, nor stand out in a crowd.
Wander

Post by Wander »

I'm sure everyone has known people who weren't really social by nature. I remember a girl back from high school who seemed to be either alone or hang with a single friend of hers 95% of the time. She never spoke in class unless directly addressed and all that. But at the same time, weirdly enough, she seemed to be interested in theater. Some people are just like that.
Sin of my sins

Post by Sin of my sins »

I think Hanako mentioned that pre-accident she didn't have many friends, but cherished those she had. She would've probably turned out like any girl.

Our past is what defines us. Had the accident never occurred, she wouldn't have been the same Hanako, that's for sure.
Nekken

Post by Nekken »

I suspect that Hanako would still be Hanako, only to a much less severe degree. Still quiet and somewhat bookish, but not the type to seek refuge from the world in the library. Still a bit nerdy, but on the more social side of the spectrum: in terms of VN stereotypes she'd be a meganekko without the glasses.

I do, however, suspect that her fashion sense would not be nearly as epic. That seems to be something she learned out of necessity rather than interest, and without the accident, the need wouldn't be there.
Falling in love is a volcano. Being in love is a kotatsu.
txalolrn9

Post by txalolrn9 »

I remember a thread about what the girls would be like without their disabilities and you can imagine everyone of them having the exact same personalities with the exception of Hanako
It only hurts when I breathe
rydiafan

Post by rydiafan »

I think hananko would be dull and stupid then .... she would just be there ( if ya know what i mean )
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

I think hananko would be dull and stupid then .... she would just be there ( if ya know what i mean )
Are you really saying the only interesting things about her are her scars and her social anxiety?
I suspect that Hanako would still be Hanako, only to a much less severe degree. Still quiet and somewhat bookish, but not the type to seek refuge from the world in the library. Still a bit nerdy, but on the more social side of the spectrum: in terms of VN stereotypes she'd be a meganekko without the glasses.
That with a bit of a Spirited Competitor thrown in for good measure, which she'd only show if you actually started hanging out with her. Other than that, I agree. If you'd get rid of all disabilities, Hanako'd probably be the Betty-type girl next door compared to Emi (who'd still be genki), Rin (who'd still be spacey), Shizune (who'd still be pushy and extroverted though perhaps slightly less so) and Lilly. (who'd still be high-class and motherly) In fact, in KS, Lilly suggests Hanako is still like this, once she gets comfortable enough.
Titus

Post by Titus »

BobBobberson wrote:In this hypothetical scenario, let's assume there's no fire at all and her parents don't die of random causes (ergo, they're still alive at the time of KS). D'you think she'd still be all timid-like? Or would she become one of those diva bitches (It is implied that she'd look amazing without scars, at least I think so anyways)?
Probably bitchy and/or evil.

Girls with purple hair are often dark bad girls or poor, lonely, and sad girls.
What if life had a soundtrack similar to Katawa Shoujo's ?