Escapist Review

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Mahorfeus

Escapist Review

Post by Mahorfeus »

The article.

At the very least, I found it significantly less facepalm-inducing than some of the other reviews that have come out as of late. Admittedly, the title threw me off.
"A very small degree of hope is sufficient to cause the birth of love." -Stendhal
encrypted12345

Re: Escapist Review

Post by encrypted12345 »

After who knows how many reviews in the Escapist Forums, the main website itself decided to do a review. Nice.
Breaker deGodot

Post by Breaker deGodot »

Sadly this review is not as in-depth as I'd like, but the more coverage KS gets, the better!
"There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion."
-Francis Bacon
Mahorfeus

Post by Mahorfeus »

Ironically the Misha art caught my eye more than the article itself.
"A very small degree of hope is sufficient to cause the birth of love." -Stendhal
Tilting Clock

Post by Tilting Clock »

I'd say that this is one of the better-constructed reviews I've seen for KS. The things it points out are very realistic drawbacks to the story, and they provide examples supporting their assertions. They even wisely went so far as to admit that reviewing it from the perspective of a game was counter-intuitive to the function of its design. I'm quite impressed.
Wander

Post by Wander »

I find this review agreeable.
Fretless

Post by Fretless »

I quite liked this review. Mostly positive, and clear that the reviewer actually took the time to play through the game (I'm looking at you, Otaku USA reviewer).
The only thing I disagree with is the complaint about the "suddenness" of Hisao boning Misha. I've never understood this criticism, I think all of the text before the choice comes up makes it perfectly clear that "comfort" in this case means "fuck."
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

Fretless wrote: The only thing I disagree with is the complaint about the "suddenness" of Hisao boning Misha. I've never understood this criticism, I think all of the text before the choice comes up makes it perfectly clear that "comfort" in this case means "fuck."
In his defense, you know when people say "one thing led to another and..."? You'd be surprised how quickly things do lead to another when that happens. I reckon that's what happens to Hisao and Misha... she may have half-intended it and things just ran away with them.
misterprinny

Post by misterprinny »

Best review of KS I've read yet, actually. The reviewer actually played through the game.
Head Editor at Stewart-Class 7 Studios, an OELVN studio similar to 4LS. Please check out our blog and website and our forums.
Bara

Post by Bara »

Played the game? I suspect they lurked the forums (maybe even post here?).... (let the outing BEGIN!) :twisted:

All foolishness aside they did a review of KS as KS was written, not a KS vs. Call of Duty review as some clueless people have done. Even among the other reviews where the reviewer spent time to experience/play/research the game this reviewer hit some key points about why KS inspires "The Feels" among some fans that others had missed. And they did it while keeping their facts straight. Good job of diplomatically pointing out the flaws, while directing attention to the what and why of KS strengths.

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Sin of my sins

Post by Sin of my sins »

Breaker deGodot wrote:Sadly this review is not as in-depth as I'd like
I agree, but it's still better than most of the KS reviews out there. At least the critique in the review has solid foothold and constructive arguments, unlike a certain review I read before that screams the word 'opinion' all over it.

Post by Guest »

that article has awful font. it's too small as well.
Walrusfella

Post by Walrusfella »

I like that he gently pokes fun at people who rush to judgement. "Sophisticated Gameur" indeed. *swirls brandy snifter*
Half Marathon with Emi: Complete!
Bridge to 10k with Emi: Complete!
Couch to 5k with Emi: Complete!