There should be a way to exchange the route...

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

fabio.salvador

There should be a way to exchange the route...

Post by fabio.salvador »

Some time ago, someone started a thread called "if you could bully Hanako in the game", which brought up much disapproval from the vast Hanako fan base, and some gorish posts by a few perverts...

anyway...

Tha fact is that Hanako IS BULLIED IN THE GAME!

I am playing Shizune´s route (just to make the 100% completion, in fact I hate Shizune), and there´s the chess game part where Hanako flees in panic after being defeated by the ever cruel Shizune.

This route is really making me sad... because I realize that, by going this way, the already confident Shizune will become happier, and the already sad Hanako will have no future at all.

There should be the option of abandoning Shizune alone to cheer on her own victory, and run after Hanako to comfort her, don´t you agree?
If I were free to choose, whenever any character did anything to hurt Hanako, I would be able to call that person outdoors and the game screen would change to Street-Fighter-esque mode.
PikKirby

Re: There should be a way to exchange the route...

Post by PikKirby »

Epic mega spoilers...
ImageImageImageImageImage
Tomate

Post by Tomate »

I don't think Hanako will be morally crushed by losing a chess game.

ps: Shizune rocks.
Don't just eat that hamburger, eat the HELL out of it!
fabio.salvador

Post by fabio.salvador »

Sorry for not signing the spoilers... I just forgot to do that.
If I were free to choose, whenever any character did anything to hurt Hanako, I would be able to call that person outdoors and the game screen would change to Street-Fighter-esque mode.
fabio.salvador

Post by fabio.salvador »

I don't think Hanako will be morally crushed by losing a chess game
Well, she went away running in the school corridors...
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

fabio.salvador wrote:Some time ago, someone started a thread called "if you could bully Hanako in the game", which brought up much disapproval from the vast Hanako fan base, and some gorish posts by a few perverts...

anyway...

I am playing Shizune´s route (just to make the 100% completion, in fact I hate Shizune), and there´s the chess game part where Hanako flees in panic after being defeated by the ever cruel Shizune.

This route is really making me sad... because I realize that, by going this way, the already confident Shizune will become happier, and the already sad Hanako will have no future at all.

There should be the option of abandoning Shizune alone to cheer on her own victory, and run after Hanako to comfort her, don´t you agree?
*sigh*
heeeere we go again...
man the things I do for something I care about...*should put this in the 'you play too much KS when...'*

read this:
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=13&t ... =45#p93892

and then read this:
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=13&t ... =60#p93910

Those are my arguments for that scene, my analysis on Shizune's character, her perception of the situation, and her conclusion and response. Read it, and get it over with.
*you are treading on another minefield boy!*
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
Paddy
Location: In wheat fields, which must be placed on the valley floor.

Post by Paddy »

fabio.salvador wrote:Some time ago, someone started a thread called "if you could bully Hanako in the game", which brought up much disapproval from the vast Hanako fan base, and some gorish posts by a few perverts...

anyway...

Interesting idea. Not particularly realistic by any means, but that would be an interesting plot twist...

It would make a nice gateway for a "reunite Shizune and Lilly" story.

Write it up within the next week and I'll send it to my publisher for a review. :P
I'm weary of the railway,
Poor Paddy works on the railway.

Блажен муж, иже не иде на совет нечестивых.
Blessed is the man, who walks not in the counsel of the wicked. (Psalm 1:1)
Got questions about God, Christianity, or the Catholic Church?
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

I wouldn't call it bullying. Shizune was just...well...Shizune. She did something which she thought would make things more fun and her overbearing nature then proceeded to suck the fun out of it for the other party. (which kinda sums up her entire student council legacy too) But I wouldn't call it bullying...Shizune didn't mean Hanako any harm and was probably surprised Hanako wasn't having the same kind of fun. It makes Shizune somewhat dense in the people-department, but that's not really something new.

It's kind of a shame too. If Shizune's personality had been somewhat less extreme (and she and Lilly had still been friendly with one another), she could actually have been a valuable friend to Hanako. Not so a much a replacement for Lilly, but an addition who'd pick up several of the balls that Lilly dropped without even having to think about it.
Wander

Post by Wander »

Shizune is just a terrible person.

(I haven't played her route, but yeah...)
rydiafan

Post by rydiafan »

Shizune is such a bitch ?? .... i love how she is the most honest character ( lilly hide the truth about scotland , emi hide the truth about her father ) ....and shizune got betrayed by misha and hisao ... but ppl call shizune the bitch ?? i don't get it
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

I can understand why you can't change paths as you play. That would really damage the immersion the game builds up. Once you've set your sights on a girl, you're going to see how that relationship goes for better or for worse, you're not going to just give up on a character and move along to the next one.

Still, I can understand where you're coming from with this. I was playing the Emi route the other night and once she starts talking about how you should see each other less and how she can't let anybody get close to her, I couldn't help but think, "yeah, well screw you too, Emi! I'm going to go hang out with Lilly and Hanako. I bet they still like me!" ... of course the game doesn't let you do this, but the thought was there.
Not Dead Yet
Deadeye

Post by Deadeye »

Hanako also fled like a jackrabbit when Hisao tried just talking to her, also she didn't run off after losing. It was how Shizune was acting after the match that freaked her out, and it explains why shortly after. (Somewhat, I don't feel like opening up subtleties in the writing to prove that.) I don't see it as bullying.
"We can not see past the present if we refuse to turn away from the steps we have already made in our wake."
ShadeHaven

Post by ShadeHaven »

She wasn't really bullied, more like put in situations in which she didn't know how to handle. Just because she was traumatized by the event doesn't mean it was the result of bullying. She was beaten in a game of chess and Shizune acted like Shizune, as another poster already stated. You should also take into account that Shizune has her own problems as well, and begins to recognize them as the story progresses. So its not the fairy tale you make it out to be for Shizune. Also, her bad ending is one of the most depressing in my opinion. On top of that, her actions and personality are really just a result of her family's influence upon her, something that's completely out of her control.
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

rydiafan wrote:Shizune is such a bitch ?? .... i love how she is the most honest character ( lilly hide the truth about scotland , emi hide the truth about her father ) ....and shizune got betrayed by misha and hisao ... but ppl call shizune the bitch ?? i don't get it
Only a small number of people understands her.

Besides, she is the 'intellectual's love interests' 8)
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
Gilrond

Post by Gilrond »

Besides, she is the 'intellectual's love
interests'
This :)